1 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@mvbski)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Elliott to race in Coca-Cola 600 and more
May 17th, 2007

Philadelphia, PA (Sports Network) - Bill Elliott has agreed to run in the Coca-Cola 600 on May 27 at the Lowe's Motor Speedway for the Wood Brothers/JTG Racing team. He will also run in an unspecified number of races through the remainder of the season.

"I was pretty honored to get a call from the Wood Brothers to drive the No.21 car," said Elliott. "I've seen them struggle the last few weeks, being outside the top-35, and it breaks my heart to see them miss races. I hope I can get in the car, get us qualified well every week and see what we can make up in the points battle along the way."

Elliott, the 1988 Series champion, has 55 poles, 44 wins and 320 top-10s in 756 career Nextel Cup starts.

"Awesome Bill from Dawsonville" will run on a race-to-race basis with Jon Wood still scheduled to drive the car on occasions. Ken Schrader has driven the No.21 Ford for most of the season (eight of 11 events) but sits 40th in the championship with a best finish of 19th at Martinsville. He finished 41st last week in Darlington.

"I see the need for it at this time," said Schrader. "I want to see this team move forward as quickly as possible and I think the plan we have in place will allow that to happen."

Posted : May 17, 2007 1:00 pm
Share: