Goody’s Fast Relief 500 Picks

8 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jeff Gordon 6/1

If anyone can break Jimmie Johnson's stranglehold here I think it's his teammate who was the king here before Johnson came along.In his last 20 races here Gordon has only finished outside of the top ten just three times and has 14 top five finishes with five wins and a average finish of 6.5.If anyone can keep Johnson out of victory lane this week I look for Gordon to have the best chance at a fair price.

Denny Hamlim 7/1

Hamlin showed us last week just how good he is on short tracks and Martinsville is the track he cut his teeth at and always want's to run his best in front of the fans that have cheered him on from the start.From the first time he came here in a cup car he has showed he knows how to get around this track and finally found victory lane last year after some very close calls and lot's of bad luck.If anyone can break Hendrick's stranglehold here look for Hamlin to give them a run for the money.

I think two drivers who have a very good shot at knocking off the favorites this week are Tony Stewart 20/1 who has two wins here and Mark Martin 25/1 with one win.What separates these two from all the other longshots is they will be driving cars that are almost identical to the cars built for Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson and neither driver would would surprise me if he won this week.

Posted : March 26, 2009 5:16 pm
(@michael-cash)
Member Moderator

Both my fantasy drivers. Nice call.

Also got Stewart, Newman and Marcos Ambrose this week.

In 7th. Moved up one from last week. First is like 250 away from me though so I need a rally

Posted : March 26, 2009 6:09 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I really think this may be the week for Stewart, if not for the way Johnson and Gordon have owned this track the last few years I would be sending it in at 20/1 on Stewart.

Posted : March 26, 2009 6:24 pm
(@michael-cash)
Member Moderator

I'm burning up Gordon and Stewart because I think they are both due and running well. I have used Gordon 3 times and Stewart 4 times already.

There are some shitty people in my B group though, not a lot to choose from. I am trying to save Jimmie Johnson who is in the A group till later in the season.

Posted : March 27, 2009 8:15 am
(@michael-cash)
Member Moderator

Qualifying helped us both out.

You like anyone for the truck race today?

Posted : March 28, 2009 8:03 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Beat by the fav once again 🙁

Posted : March 29, 2009 4:48 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Both my fantasy drivers. Nice call.

Also got Stewart, Newman and Marcos Ambrose this week.

In 7th. Moved up one from last week. First is like 250 away from me though so I need a rally

Should be a very good week for you in the standings

Posted : March 29, 2009 4:59 pm
(@michael-cash)
Member Moderator

It wasn't. I got fucked. I almost kicked the TV.

Had gordon instead of johnson. Fucked

Had kurt busch instead of newman. Fucked.

I did have a good week but I ended up losing a spot in the standings. So pissed.

Posted : March 29, 2009 7:14 pm
Share: