4 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Nationwide Series to unveil new car in 2010
October 9, 2009

FONTANA, Calif. (AP) -The NASCAR Nationwide Series will phase in a new car in 2010, with the cars expected to be used full time during the 2011 season.

The new car will be unveiled at the July race at Daytona International Speedway. It will also be used in races at Michigan, Richmond and Lowe's Motorspeedway before being fully integrated in 2011.

The move comes on the heels of a meeting between owners, crew chiefs and NASCAR officials in July. NASCAR vice president of competition Robin Pemberton said the four races next year will give teams good feedback heading into 2011.

NASCAR used a similar plan to roll out the ``Car of Tomorrow'' on the Sprint Cup circuit in 2007. The car was introduced during the 2007 season and became the official Cup car a year later.

Posted : October 10, 2009 1:57 am
(@michael-cash)
Member Moderator

Undecided on this one.

Part of me wants to see the car for the full season instead of this part time bullshit.

But on the other hand I am sure that many teams in the NW Series don't have the funding to have enough new cars available at the start of the season.

That is what really sucks about this change. The old Cup car can be used as an ARCA car so you could sell those cars or hand them down to your development program. But the NW cars don't conform for ARCA so all these things are basically going to the scrap yard and hold no value.

Posted : October 11, 2009 4:49 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

The new Mustang looks nice.

Posted : October 15, 2009 9:04 am
(@michael-cash)
Member Moderator

Looks like a fusion to me with mustang stickers 😮

Not much you can do with "stock" cars unfortunately. I like the mustang stickers though over the fusion stickers 😛

Posted : October 15, 2009 11:36 am
Share: