Shelby 427 Picks

6 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Denny Hamlin 20/1 @ Carib

After watching the first two races I was glad to see Hamlin run so well and best of all he didn't run to good to hurt his price in this race.Hamlin really seems to like the new layout of LVMS with two very good finishes since it was reconfigured and if you look at Homestead which is very similar to Vegas he has has run just as good there with two third place finishes in four starts,if you throw in his Vegas runs of 10th,3rd and 9th for a avg finish of 7.3 at Vegas 20/1 look like the steal of the century and one hell of a overlay.

Mark Martin 25/1 @ TheGreek

Like Hamlin Mark Martin has run well at both Vegas and Homestead and his last few years were with DEI which wasn't known for putting out the greatest cars and with the switch to Hendricks this year he will have a much better car under him which makes him a serious contender at a nice price.

Matt Kenseth 7/1 @ Carib

Can Kenseth sweep the first three races to start the year? I wouldn't bet against it at any price since Vegas just might be his favorite track and his best track in both the Sprint and the Naitionwide car.I am not thrilled with the price but I actually made him a bit lower in the odds I make every week but I will still bet enough to come away a winner if he happens to hit the trifecta.

Race Matchups

Ryan Newman -15 vs Joey Logano

Bobby LaBonte -45 vs Joey Logano

Not getting +35 with Newman this week but both Newman and LaBonte have this kid over a barrel when it comes to experience especially in the COT car.It took a miracle for Logano to pull out the win last week but I like my chances in the long run betting against this kid till he gets more experience behind the wheel.

Nationwide Sams Town 350

Denny Hamlin 4/1 @ Sportsinteraction

I tend to stay away from the Naitonwide series since it has become the Kyle Busch show the last few years but I like Hamlin in this race as well since he will be driving a Joe Gibbs car that has owned this series lately.

Posted : February 25, 2009 10:47 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Now I know why I stay away from the Naitionwide Series 😡

Posted : February 28, 2009 5:03 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Kevin Harvick 22/1

Added a little on Harvick today after watching him have a nice run yesterday which will help him a ton today and you throw in his good runs here in the past and the fact that he will start up front and he has looked great in every practice session 22/1 looks like a very nice price on him.

Posted : March 1, 2009 9:34 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Kenseth was a dumb bet and after hearing his comments pre race I knew it was a loser. :'(

Posted : March 1, 2009 5:00 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Cars dropping like flies with engine problems 😡

Posted : March 1, 2009 6:26 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

That was one ugly and screwed up race for sure. ???

Posted : March 1, 2009 8:27 pm
Share: