39 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

DAVE PRICE

Atlanta Braves +100

The Atlanta Braves have been nice money-makers this season for backers because they are consistently underdogs and nearly have a .500 record at 42-45 at the break. The Arizona Diamondbacks have just been mediocre on the road this season at 20-21. They are hitting .237 and scoring 4.1 RPG on the road this season. R.A. Dickey is 5-1 with a 2.98 ERA in 9 home starts this year. Dickey is really on his game right now as he sports a 1.00 ERA over his last 4 starts heading into the break. The Diamondbacks are 1-5 in their last 6 games overall. The Braves are 5-0 in Dickey's last 5 home starts.

Posted : July 14, 2017 4:20 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

VIC DUKE

Cardinals vs. Pirates
Play: Pirates -123

Cardinals have done well in Pittsburgh but not liking latest road play mired in a 5-12 slide. And Mike Leake has been notorious for sluggish pitching after All-Star break throughout his career. His last start before the break was a struggle (3 ER on 10 hits in 3 2/3 IP) and we'll call it a harbinger for disaster tonight. Gerrit Cole, however, was respectable in 4 of his last 5 starts and though underachieving in the first half of the season, I'm looking for him to blossom going forward. Pirates are 14-5 on Fridays with Cole and won 5 of their last 6 overall.

Posted : July 14, 2017 4:27 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jeff Benton

Friday freebie is the Dodgers to pick right up where they left off at the break, and that is with a win in Miami over the Marlins.

Los Angeles went to the break having won 6 in a row, and they are an amazing 18-1 their last 19 games played!

Miami is playing good ball too, as Don Mattingly's team has won 3 straight and 5 of their last 6, but I am not sure how that will translate against the best team in the National League.

The Marlins lost 3 of the 4 games played this season to the Dodgers, and L.A. starter Brandon McCarthy was the starter back on May 21st in a 6-3 Los Angeles win.

Dan Straily has been reliable in the rotation for the Marlins, but I cannot pass on the Dodgers at this cheap of a price.

Take Los Angeles as the small road favorite.

4* L.A. DODGERS

(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Eric Schroeder

My free winner for Friday night is on the New York Mets, over the Colorado Rockies. This is a very cheap price considering the pitchers in this one, as I want you listing Jacob deGrom over Jon Gray.

It's cut and dry here, as deGrom is looking to win his sixth consecutive start when the Mets open their three-game set against the Rockies in Queens. He started last Friday and was tagged for four runs off four solo home runs by the Cardinals. He still last through seven innings, and I think he'll be motivated to correct mistakes and be lights out tonight.

He'll get the run support against Gray, who pitched 5 2/3 innings and yielded three runs in what was just his second start since a broken bone in his left foot sidelined him for two months. I think he could struggle against this lineup tonight, and am counting on New York to jump on him early.

5* METS

(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jack Brayman

My free winner is on the Atlanta Braves over the Arizona Diamondbacks, and in this one I am going to list R.A. Dickey over Taijuan Walker.

Short and sweet of it is Dickey appeared to have a better feel for his knuckleball, and has for about a month. He's been using it more consistently, and rolls in with a stifling 1.00 ERA over his past four starts. He’s allowed a mere two runs over his past 21 innings at SunTrust Park, and could be lights out tonight.

He'll outshine Walker, who posted a respectable 6-4 record and 3.65 ERA in the first half the campaign, but he also just allowed five earned runs over five innings in his last outing, a 7-0 loss to the Cincinnati Reds on Saturday.

I like Atlanta here, as it will open the second half with a solid win.

1* BRAVES

Posted : July 14, 2017 4:28 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Brad Wilton

Friday night comp play winner is the Diamondbacks and Braves to hold Under the posted price with Taijuan Walker and R.A. Dickey on the mound.

Both teams went to the All-Star Break on some solid Under player runs, as the D-Backs are on a 6-1-2 Under run their last 9 games played, while the Braves went the the break with 3 straight Overs played, but are 11-4-2 Under the total in their last 17 home games contested.

Atlanta also has the resurgent R.A. Dickey on the hill. The knuckleball has surely been baffling batters, as Dickey's last 4 starts have seen just 3 runs allowed in 27 innings pitched.

His counterpart Taijuan Walker has gone 4-2 on the road with a 2.65 ERA away.

Not going to be a lot of runs tonight.

Arizona-Atlanta Under the total.

2* ARIZONA-ATLANTA UNDER

Posted : July 14, 2017 4:29 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Chris Jordan

Friday night's free winner is on the American League East-leading Boston Red Sox, as I like them to open the second half of the season with a win over their arch-rivals, the New York Yankees.

And in this one, I only want you listing ONE pitcher, that being Boston's Drew Pomeranz. The left-hander gets the nod for the second-hald opener, and I expect him to deal tonight, against the pinstripes.

The crafty southpaw will carry a wealth of momentum into the second half, as he is 3-0 with a 1.82 ERA in his last five starts. Pomeranz is also 2-1 with a 2.40 ERA in six career appearances against the Yankees.

Take the Crimson Hose here, and list Pomeranz only.

2* RED SOX

Posted : July 14, 2017 4:30 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

GOODFELLA

Minnesota at Houston
Play: Houston -150

Definite VALUE for me here on the Astros at this price at HOME, where they are just dominant. I do see a SP edge here with Morton, who is a big time ground ball pitcher. Morton has also been very good when taking the ball at HOME (3.00 ERA in 7 HOME starts) The Twins SP Berrios has struggled on the ROAD, especially recently. Houston roughed up Berrois in his lone start vs them this season & I do expect them to get to him again tonight. The Astros are just extremely potent vs RH pitching, with an .OPS of .863 (.43 points higher than the team ranked 2nd in .OPS). These Astros have a definite edge in the very important bullpens & I expect Morton to out pitch Berrois tonight and hand the ball off to the Astros best arms in the back end of their bullpen to close this game out. The bottom line for me here, is that I have this game lined 20 cents higher and I'm on these HOUSTON ASTROS in this spot on Friday Night.

Posted : July 14, 2017 4:31 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bob Balfe

Angels -105

Angels/Rays Over 8.5

The Angels struggled going into the all-star break, but tonight will get Mike Trout back in the lineup. Ricky Nolasco has been a batting cage pitching machine to opponents as he has given up a ton of home runs this year. This is why I like the OVER also in this game because Tampa should get runs of their own tonight. Look for Trout’s presence to jump start this team.

Posted : July 14, 2017 4:33 pm
Page 3 / 3
Share: