Free Picks: Free Service Plays for Monday, August 21st, 2017

33 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jack Brayman

My free winner for Monday is on the Texas Rangers over the Angels in Anaheim. And it is imperative you list both scheduled starters, Cole Hamels and Tyler Skaggs.

Hamels steps to the hill looking to rebound after allowing 13 baserunners against the Detroit Tigers last Wednesday, which marked the second time in his career he's allowed that many. Thing is, the Rangers' bats gave him plenty of support once, scoring 12 runs, as Hamels notched his third straight win. I think he'll be much more cautious, and better, tonight.

Skaggs is coming off the bereavement list to start this series lid-lifter. The left-hander is 0-0 with a 5.40 ERA in two starts against the Rangers this season. He steps to the rubber after taking a loss last Tuesday at Washington, where he allowed two earned runs on seven hits over five innings. I think he leaves early tonight.

Take the Rangers and list both.

4* RANGERS

Posted : August 21, 2017 5:19 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bob Balfe

Rangers +120

Both teams have been playing well. This is a big line for the Angels with Cole Hamels pitching on the other side. The wrong guy is favored here. If Cole can go deep in this game we won’t see much of the weak Texas Bullpen. Texas has really been crushing the ball well as of late and should build for a team that will compete for the division next season.

Posted : August 21, 2017 5:21 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

OC Dooley

2 Units Red Sox +105

The last time these two met Cleveland in my mind was in an advantageous situation making a ONE game visit to Boston (make up of an earlier rain out) and caught the Red Sox at the perfect time (just off a high-profile weekend series versus the rival Yankees) who were in an emotinal letdown spot. In tonight's regularly scheduled rematch it is Boston riding the longest WINNING tear (14-3 the past seventeen games) in the American League. Instead of Cleveland manager Terry Francona (once fired by the Red Sox) getting personal revenge at Fenway Park (on a Monday in that makeup of a rainout) this particular contest is being played at the home of the Indians. Despite the location late offshore wagering has gone "against" the Tribe who opened at most locations as a full 135-favorite

Posted : August 21, 2017 6:45 pm
Page 3 / 3
Share: