Free Picks: Free Service Plays for Monday, August 7th, 2017

33 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Eric Schroeder

My free winner for Monday night is on the Minnesota Twins over the Milwaukee Brewers, and in this one I want you to list the scheduled starting pitchers: Ervin Santana and Brent Suter.

Suter is making just his seventh start in place of the injured Chase Anderson, and I'm not sure he will be able to keep Minnesota's bats in line. He started last Wednesday against the St. Louis Cardinals, who tagged him for a career-high five earned runs over 5.1 innings.

I'd rather have the veteran Santana, who threw his Major-League-leading fifth complete game in his last outing, against the San Diego Padres. Santana has a 16-13 record with a 3.80 ERA during Interleague play, so he'll be comfortable against the Brewers lineup.

3* TWINS

Posted : August 7, 2017 6:12 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Stephen Nover

Detroit vs. Pittsburgh
Play: Tigers

I find value at this high of a price in fading Trevor Williams, a bottom-of-the-rotation type starter.

Detroit is 6-3 in its last nine games. Pittsburgh is 5-9 in its past 14 games. The Pirates have lost in seven of Williams' last nine starts.

I've always liked Zimmermann, who can be extremely effective when healthy. Zimmermann is healthy again and pitching well with three quality starts in his last four outings. He held the Yankees scoreless in seven innings during his past start last Wednesday. Zimmeran gave up six hits, no walks and struck out six.

"Other than the one start ... I've been pretty good," Zimmermann was quoted as saying about his past appearances. "I feel strong, and the ball is coming out of my hand much better than it did in the first half of the season."

Posted : August 7, 2017 6:13 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Rob Vinciletti

Cubs at Giants
Play: Over 8

This game fits a huge totals system that averages over 12 runs and has cashed 13 of 14 times. Play on the over for home dog wins off a home dog win vs a team off a -104 or higher home favored loss at -140 or more. The Cubs average 6 runs per game vs leftys. They have Arietta on the mound and he has a decent but not great 4.11 road Era. M. Moore for the Giant has a 5.71 era in his last 3 and has gone over in both starts vs Chicago. In the series 6 of 8 here have flown over the total.

Posted : August 7, 2017 6:51 pm
Page 3 / 3
Share: