38 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bob Balfe

Royals -125

Jordan Zimmermann has been pretty bad this year and has been brutal his last few starts. The Detroit Bullpen has been equally as poor on the road which means Kansas City should have no problem putting up enough runs to win this game at home. Vargas has been lights out this year in his home park.

Posted : July 17, 2017 6:06 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Andre Ramirez

Rays vs. Athletics
Play: Over 9½

Both of these pitchers have struggled in 2017 and Odorizzi has been especially bad on the road, with a 4.91 ERA in such situations. The over is 9-2-1 in the Rays’ last 12 against the American League West, 15-6-1 in their last 22 against starters with WHIPs over 1.30, 7-0 in Odorizzi’s last seven starts, and 4-1 in his last five road starts. It is also 4-1 in the Athletics’ last five at home, 7-2 in their last nine against the American League West, and 13-6 in their last 19 against winning opponents. Additionally, the over is 4-0 in the last four meetings between the two teams. Look for this one to go over the total.

Posted : July 17, 2017 6:09 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Vic Duke

Brewers vs. Pirates
Play: Under 9

Brewers/Pirates 7:05: This series has tilted sharply to the "under" at 4-15-2 O/U in its last 21 meetings. Tonight, two quality pitchers: Milwaukee's Brent Suter, a converted reliever, has thrown two strong starts and controls a solid 2.65 ERA with a 1.00 WHIP over his last 3 appearances. Pirates counter with Chad Kuhl who has been solid too with a 2.25 ERA and a 1.06 over his last 3 starts. Pirates are now 6-22-2 O/U in their last 30 outings and O-4-1 O/U facing lefty starters. Bullpens are holding steady on both clubs and we'll look for continued sluggish play on Mondays for both of these clubs.

Posted : July 17, 2017 6:10 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jack Brayman

My free play for Monday night is on the Over in the Philadelphia Phillies-Miami Marlins clash in South Beach. The bats will be flying, based on the pitchers who are toeing the slab.

Since every MLB wager on a run line or total auto-lists pitchers, I want you to be sure the two pitchers on your ticket, when making this play, are Jared Eickhoff and Tom Koehler. If they are not the pitchers of record when making your play, disregard this play.

Let's start with Eickhoff, who is making his second start since returning from the disabled list with a strained upper back. He pitched five scoreless innings and struck out eight against the Padres on July 9, but these are the Phillies, and I don't trust anybody from Philly right now. This team is atrocious, and the I think the Fish will jump all over him tonight.

That doesn't mean I like the Marlins, because Koehler is no better. In two starts since being called back to the Majors, Koehler is 0-2 and has surrendered 10 runs over 6.2 innings. The right-hander is 4-4 with a 3.43 ERA in 16 outings against the Phillies, and Philly's hitters will be forced to play catch up in this slugfest.

Play this one high.

4* Phillies-Marlins Over

Posted : July 17, 2017 6:11 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Brad Wilton

Monday night comp play is for the Cubs bats to continue to produce runs, as Chicago and Atlanta head Over the total tonight at Sun Trust Park.

Chicago came up with 27 runs in their 3 game sweep of the Orioles in Baltimore, and 2 of those 3 games played Over the total.

More of the same tonight against Julio Teheran and his 1-6 home mark that shows a home ERA of 7.58!

Jon Lester will counter, and the southpaw has been serving them up of late, as he enters this start riding a 2 start losing streak. In Lester's last pair of starts, he has only worked 5.2 innings, and has allowed 15 hits, with 16 runs scored - 9 of those runs earned.

Atlanta has played Over the total in 6 of their last 9 games, and based on the pitching stats I just listed, I expect the Braves to land Over the total one more time this Monday night.

Cubs-Braves Over.

3* CUBS-ATLANTA OVER

Posted : July 17, 2017 6:12 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Chris Jordan

My free winner for Monday is on the Atlanta Braves, plus the money, against the Chicago Cubs. And I do not want you listing pitchers in this one, as I like the Braves to win this one pure momentum.

They come into this game after sweeping the Arizona Diamondbacks, and now welcome Chicago to town. But the Cubbies are in from Baltimore, in an Interleague affair they dominated. But to open on the road at the start of the week is never easy.

Atlanta will take advantage in this first one.

5* BRAVES

(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jeff Benton

My Monday freebie is the Blue Jays and Red Sox to land Under the total.

Boston just finished a long 4 game series with New York last night, and it was a series that saw the final 3 games hold easily Under the total.

The Red Sox have got to be a tired bunch, so look for them to struggle plating runs against Marcus Stroman who sports a miniscule 1.37 ERA for his last 3 starts.

Eduardo Rodriguez will make the start for Boston after missing the last 6 1/2 weeks with a knee injury. The Under is 6-3-1 this season when Rodriguez has made the start.

Series numbers between the division-rivals show 6 of the last 9 dating back to last season between the teams having held Under the total.

I will play the percentages and side with the Jays and the BoSox to hold Under on Monday night.

3* TORONTO-BOSTON UNDER

(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Eric Schroeder

My comp play is on the Houston Astros over the Seattle Mariners, and I want you playing this one on the run line.

McCullers steps to the hill for the first time in the second half, after allowing a season-high nine hits over 4.1 innings on July 6 in Toronto. Now he's rested and will be able settle in at home for a solid outing. The right-hander hasn't allowed a home run since May 28, though I do know he has given up three or more runs in each of his last two starts. He'll be fine tonight.

I'd rather side with him than Miranda, who finished the first half of the campaign with a rough outing. True, he was the only Seattle starter to not miss a turn, and he leads the team in innings (104) while going 7-4 with a 4.15 ERA. But Miranda is 0-2 with a 5.00 ERA in 3 starts versus Houston this year.

Take the Astros on the Run Line.

3* ASTROS -1.5

Posted : July 17, 2017 6:13 pm
Page 3 / 3
Share: