1 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Buster Sports

Mariners at Rangers
Play: Under 9

The Rangers and Mariners play game 2 of a 3 game series in Arlington tonight and we see a good old pitchers duel on the horizon. The starting pitchers tonight are for the Mariners LH James Paxton (4-5, 3.63 ERA) and he faces one of the leagues best in the Rangers LH Cole Hamels (14-4, 2.67 ERA) Paxton is making his second start coming of the DL and on June 11th pitched 6 1/3 innings of shutout ball against these Rangers. Hamels has been outstanding all year for the Rangers and in two turns against these Mariners this year he has pitched 14 innings allowing only 3 runs. Backing our selection is the fact that the UNDER is 7-1 in the Rangers last 8 games vs. a left-handed starter and the fact that the UNDER is 7-0 in Paxton's last 7 starts when their opponent scores 5 runs or more in their previous game.

Posted : August 30, 2016 4:27 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Tony Finn

Mariners at Rangers
Play: Under 9

The Texas Rangers continue to "Just Win Baby" and extend their American League West divisional lead. The Rangers posted a 6-3 victory in the series opener against the Mariners on Monday night and have an 8 1/2 game lead on second place Houston and 9 1/2 on tonight's foe Seattle. Tonight's pitching matchup sports two lefties when the Mariners throw James Paxton (4-5, 3.63 ERA) at the Rangers Cole Hamels (14-4, 2.67)

The current Mariners offense can sport power from time to time, even at pitcher friendly Safeco Field but they have been pedestrian against southpaws this season, especially versus quality lefties. Seattle is beginning to fade both in the divisional and wild card races. The M's fell to third place in the division after the loss to Texas and a win by Houston, on Monday. In the wild card chase they sit three-games behind the Baltimore Orioles with three team's (Houston, Kansas City and Detroit) ahead of them for the second wild card slot. Seattle is playing a desperate fashion of baseball and it has shown over their last week of work.

Seattle

Paxton returned from the disabled list and was somewhat rusty in his performance. The M's lefty was in line for a win after allowing three runs on seven hits over five innings of work against the White Sox but bullpen member Arquimedes Caminero and poor defense eventually issued Paxton a no decision and the Mariners a 7-6 loss. Paxton's velocity, 97 mph on his fastball, returned with him from the DL and his trademark slider was outstanding. While Texas is a better offensive lineup than that of the White Sox the Seattle lefty remains a terrific option when backing on the money-line and in specific situations, like tonight, a solid starter to support on UNDER the total investments. Paxton is 1-1 with a 3.12 ERA in five career starts against Texas.

Texas

Hamels current form is best described as "locked in" and he is coming off a uber sharp performance against AL Central leaders Cleveland. Hamels threw eight shutout innings, allowing just two hits, while striking out eight. The Rangers lefty is as hot as the Texas temperature and since the Mid-Season Classic the Rangers ace has allowed two runs in a start just once. Hamels sports one of the league's top earned run averages (2.67) and in his eight starts since the All Star has surrendered a mere three home runs in that stretch. Hamels has a lifetime 5-2 mark in eight turns against the Mariners and his last outing against the Seattle offense saw him offer the Mariners just one run on four hits in seven innings of work.

Posted : August 30, 2016 4:28 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Scott Spreitzer

New York Yankees at Kansas City Royals
Play: New York Yankees -130

Masahiro Tanaka has not allowed a run his last two starts in 14 2/3 innings pitched with just one walk and 14 strikeouts and New York has won his last four outings. Tanaka is 6-3 with a 2.09 ERA on the road and he is 4-1 with a 2.91 ERA in August. Edinson Volquez got a win at Miami on Thursday when he gave up two runs in five innings, however, in his five previous starts Volquez allowed 26 runs, 22 earned and 41 hits in 27 1/3 innings pitched. The Yankees have won five of Tanaka's last seven road starts and the Royals have lost Volquez's last five starts against AL East teams. Look for New York to bounce back from last night's loss.

Posted : August 30, 2016 4:29 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Scott Delaney

On the heels of last night's walkoff victory, my free winner is on the New York Mets against the Miami Marlins.

Yoenis Cespedes stroked a 10th inning home run with two outs in the bottom of the 10th inning to give the defending National League champs a 2-1 win over the slumping Marlins.

Wrong time for Miami to be losing, as this is crucial series between N.L. playoff contenders. The Fish have now lost three straight, and the momentum has clearly swung in New York's favor at this point.

Cespedes had three hits last night, and is now batting .388 with five home runs and nine RBIs in nine games since coming off the disabled list. Tonight he could continue his offensive onslaught.

Take the Mets here.

1* METS

Posted : August 30, 2016 4:30 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Gabriel DuPont

Complimentary play, I look to improve on my 111-88 run with free picks: Los Angeles at COLORADO (+135).

The STORYLINE in this game today - The Colorado Rockies are at home, where they're arguably the best hitting team in baseball. Understandably, it's because it's in the Mile High City. Tonight the Rox are a great-priced underdog to the Los Angeles Dodgers. And since Colorado is riding a three-game win streak, I'm going to ride the momentum.

The X-FACTOR in making this choice on this game - Colorado's offense at home really is hard to argue. The Rockies rank second with 404 runs scored in Denver, their .302 batting average at Coors Field also ranks No. 2. Their slugging percentage is No. 1, at .518. But here's the thing, overall, this is still the No. 2 team in the bigs wiht a .273 batting average, while their 694 runs is also second. I like the offense to carry us here.

BOTTOM LINE is - As for the first-place Dodgers, I don't know if I can trust them after seeing how they lost the series-opener last night, 8-1. They're now 31-32 on the road, and this is a trouble spot for them. Take the home pup.

5* ROCKIES

Posted : August 30, 2016 4:32 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Brad Wilton

My Tuesday comp play release will be for James Paxton and Cole Hamels to handle their business in Arlington, as the Mariners and the Rangers hold Under the total.

Last night the teams combined for 9 runs and an Over, but both Paxton and Hamels have been getting the job done on the mound lately, so I don't see as many runs crossing tonight.

Paxton has gone 1-0 over his last 3 starts with a scant 1.69 ERA, and 2 of those 3 starts have played Under the total.

Hamels has been twirling nasty for a little longer than that, as he has posted quality starts in 7 of 8 since the break, and is 5-2 in those starts with a 1.59 ERA. He has also gone 2-0 in as many starts against the Mariners this season with a 1.93 ERA.

Safe to say, I suspect the runs will be scarce tonight in Arlington.

M's-Rangers Under the total.

3* SEATTLE-TEXAS UNDER

Posted : August 30, 2016 4:32 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jeff Benton

Your Tuesday freebie is the Royals over the Yankees.

Agreed that the pitching matchup tonight is in New York's favor, as Mashiro Tanaka has not allowed a run over his last 14-plus innings - 2 start span, both on the road - while Edinson Volquez has blown hot and cold all season long.

The good news for Royals fans is Volquez is blowing "warm" right now, winning his last pair of decisions, and the better news for Royals fans is the fact Kansas City has won 18 of their last 22 games!

In fact, K.C. sports the best record in the majors at 20-7 for the month of August, and I can see them figuring out a way to chase Tanaka from this game as they tack on another win and keep their postseason hopes alive and kicking.

Great Value with the home underdog tonight, so side with Kansas City.

3* KANSAS CITY

Posted : August 30, 2016 4:33 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Chris Jordan

My free winner for tonight is the Angels over the Cincinnati Reds, as the two meet in Anaheim for the second game of the Interleague series.

Last night the Halos stroked five home runs - four of Cincinnati's most consistent pitcher, Dan Straily - en route to a 9-2 victory. The flames in centerfield were ablaze most of the night, as five different players went yard for the boys from Anaheim.

I won't list the schedled starters, cause I really don't care who goes for either team. The Angels have won three in a row and are sporting a little momentum right now.

Take the home team in this one.

3* ANGELS

Posted : August 30, 2016 4:34 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

DAVE PRICE

San Francisco Giants -155

The San Francisco Giants have a lot to play for right now as they are chasing down the Los Angeles Dodgers for 1st place in the NL West. The Arizona Diamondbacks do not at 55-76 on the season. Zack Greinke has been pitching like he doesn't care of late, going 0-1 with a 9.20 ERA and 1.909 WHIP in his last 3 starts. Johnny Cueto is having a tremendous season at 14-4 with a 2.86 ERA in 26 starts, 6-2 with a 2.63 ERA in 12 home starts, and 1-1 with a 2.29 ERA in his last 3 starts. Cueto is 8-2 with a 2.93 ERA in 11 lifetime starts vs. Arizona. Cueto is 34-13 (+16.1 Units) against the money line in home games over the last 3 seasons. San Francisco is 9-0 (+9.5 Units) against the money line after a win by 8 runs or more over the last 2 seasons. Greinke is 23-53 (-22.5 Units) against the money line as a road underdog of +100 or higher lifetime. The Diamondbacks are 23-53 in their last 76 road games vs. a team with a winning record. The Giants are 14-2 in Cueto's last 16 starts vs. a team with a losing record.

Posted : August 30, 2016 4:34 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share: