39 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Goodfella

Cleveland -170

This line has gone down 15-20 cents since the opener. I shall take advantage of the value that the Tribe is getting now IMO. I have this game lined Cleveland -170 so I'll make a 1* size play on the Tribe here. I do see a SP edge here for Cleveland. The Rangers send out Ross who's been a total train-wreck this season & I do see the Tribe getting to him this evening. Add on the piss poor Rangers bullpen backing Ross up and the big edge these Indians have bullpen wise & I just have to fire on Cleveland here. I like Clevinger to out pitch Ross and hand the ball off to the very good Indians bullpen to close this game out this evening.

Posted : June 27, 2017 4:36 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jack Brayman

Now on a 13-5 run with my complimentary plays. Let's head to Phoenix, as I like the Arizona Diamondbacks over the St. Louis Cardinals.

Just when you thought it was safe to count out the Snakes, they slither back into the picture.

Arizona's engine is still revving off six straight series wins. The Diamonbacks come in having won 15 of 18, incuding the last three against the Philadelphia Phillies.

The Diamondbacks, who are 29-10 at home, held their own while the Los Angeles Dodgers surged past everyone and into first place via a 10-game win streak. After last night's win, and a loss by the Dodgers, the D'backs are sitting just 1 1/2 games back in the National League West.

St. Louis, which is 15-20 on the road this season, is mired in a 13-21 slide, in the midst of playing 47 games in 48 days leading up to the All-Star break.

The Redbirds fail here, while the Diamondbacks continue to win.

3* DIAMONDBACKS

Posted : June 27, 2017 4:36 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Chris Jordan

My free play for Tuesday is on the San Francisco Giants over the Colorado Rockies.

Quite frankly, I'm not sure what has been uglier, the way the Giants have been losing all season, or the way the Rockies have played the past week or so. Both are ugly, but I'm going to put my money on the home team in this one, as I told you the Rockies would continue to suffer during this dreadful road trip after a rough weekend in Los Angeles and losing last night's series-opener.

Less than one week ago, Colorado was sitting atop the National League West. Now it is in third place, 4 1/2 games back of the Los Angeles Dodgers.

The good news for them is the San Diego Padres are 19 1/2 games back of L.A. in fourth place, and the Giants are 23 1/2 games back of the Dodgers. But Frisco has been looking for a way to catch fire, and last night helped.

During a six-game skid that began in Denver, the Rockies have been outscored 57-17. And it doesn't get any better, as they play three here and then head to Phoenix for three with the Arizona Diamondbacks.

This is Colorado's eighth game in as many days, and it will be mentally and physically drained.

Take Frisco and don't list pitchers.

4* GIANTS

Posted : June 27, 2017 4:37 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Eric Schroeder

After hitting my free winner for Monday on the Over in the Texas Rangers-Cleveland Indians showdown at Progressive Field, tonight I'm playing the Baltimore Orioles with Kevin Gausman, over the Toronto Blue Jays and Joe Biagini.

I truly don't know what the books are thinking with this line, as Gausman deserves a little more respect than we're seeing in this game.

The hard-throwing right-hander made significant strides in his last outing, against the Cleveland Indians, as he came within one out of a quality start. He has recorded an out in the sixth inning just once in his past five starts, true, but his durability shouldn't be questioned, as he can go deep into innings. This could be the right spot for a great start, against a division rival.

Meanwhile, Biagini's could be seeing his time in the rotation slowly coming to a close, with the return of Aaron Sanchez creeping up on us. Biagini has been a disappointing 2-5 with a 4.91 ERA over nine starts, and he rolls in after allowing four runs over 5.2 innings his last time out.

Take the Orioles here, as Gausman outpitches Biagini.

2* ORIOLES

(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Brad Wilton

Tuesday comp play is to stick with the Over trend in Baltimore's games, and play the Orioles and Blue Jays to land Over the posted price with Kevin Gausman and Joe Biagini on the mound.

Baltimore has now allowed 5 runs or more in 21 of their past 22 games contested, and the Over stands at 16-5-1 in those 22 games. That includes an Over in Sunday when the O's concluded their weekend series with Tampa Bay.

Toronto also played Over the total on Sunday, as the Blue Jays have now played Over the total in 8 of their last 12 ballgames.

Baltimore starter Kevin Gausman has seen 2 of his last 3 starts land Over the total, while sporting an ERA of 9.20. For the year, the Over is 10-5-1 in Gausman's 16 season starts.

Toronto hurler Joe Biagini has also seen 2 of his last 3 starts land Over the posted price, and his ERA in that stretch is 8.56.

Until Baltimore starts playing a few lower-scoring games in a row, I think it is best to ride this massive Over wave they are on.

O's-Jays Over.

4* BALTIMORE-TORONTO OVER

(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jeff Benton

Tuesday free play release is the Rays and Pirates to land Over in their Interleague meeting at PNC Park.

Tampa Bay has been playing some high-scoring affairs, as they enter the Steel City having played each of their last 6 games Over the total, and the Over is now 14-2-1 the last 17 times Tampa has been on the diamond.

Pittsburgh has not been on the same Over tear, but they have played their last pair of games Over the total, and starter Trevor Williams has seen 2 of his last 3 starts land in the Over column, with the Over going 5-3-1 for the season when Williams is mound-bound.

Alex Cobb will counter, and the Over is also 2-1 over his last 3 starts, and 10-5 for the season when he gets the ball.

Look for some runs tonight at PNC Park.

3* TAMPA BAY-PITTSBURGH OVER

Posted : June 27, 2017 4:38 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Brad Diamond

Chicago at Washington
Play: Washington -164

Hard to believe that RHP Scherzer (Washington) is only 8-5 (2.09) this season but, the lack of run support and bullpen ineffectiveness have limited his overall record. However, in this set, he accrues five days off which has been helpful for the hurler as the Nationals are 5-1 L6 with the time off. Scherzer has allowed only 3 earned runs in June with 30-1/3 innings of work. The team is 2-2 in his starts with wins over the Mets and Dodgers. The Cubs push RHP Arrieta (7-5, 4.36) to the mound this evening. The hurler in 10 road starts (4 quality) brings a 4-5 record and a 4.61 ERA. Chicago shows 6-13 L19 on the road and 0-4 in Arrieta's road starts against winning units. With the Nationals averaging 6 runs a game vs. RHP, we'll take a ticket with home squad.

Posted : June 27, 2017 4:38 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Brandon Lee

Rays vs. Pirates
Play: Rays -101

Tampa Bay is worth a look here in Tuesday's series opener against the Pirates. The Rays will send out Alex Cobb, who has been throwing the ball well, posting a 2.29 ERA and 1.271 WHIP in his last 3 starts. He will face a Pittsburgh lineup that has struggled to score at home, averaging only 3.8 runs/game. The Pirates also come in hitting a miserable .231 as a team over their last 7 games. Cobb should be able to keep Pittsburgh in check, while the Rays' bats provide some decent run support against Trevor Williams of Pittsburgh, who has a 5.01 ERA in 9 starts and 6.60 ERA in his last 3 outings.

Posted : June 27, 2017 4:39 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jimmy Boyd

New York at Miami
Play: Miami -1½

Instead of risking $150 to win $100 on the Marlins to win on the money line, I feel the real value here is with Miami on the -1.5 run line. I believe that if the Marlins come through with a victory, there's a great chance they do so by at least 2 runs.

Miami will send out one of the more underrated starters in Daniel Straily, who has a solid 3.43 ERA and sensational 1.095 WHIP (7th NL) over 15 starts. Key here is that Straily is in great form (2.76 ERA over his last 3) and owns an impressive 2.17 ERA and 0.986 WHIP in 8 home starts. Mets counter with the struggling Robert Gsellman, who has allowed 14 earned runs on 20 hits (6 HRs) and 5 walks in his last 2 starts. On the season Gsellman has an ugly 6.78 ERA and 1.652 WHIP. I also think this is a tough spot for New York. While they were off yesterday, they figure to be dealing with some jetlag here, as their previous 6 were all on the west coast against the Dodgers and Giants.

The most recent meeting between these two was the Marlins 7-0 win in the series finale at New York. The Mets are a mere 3-12 in their last 15 revneinga home loss of 6 or more runs. Straily is 9-2 in his last 11 home starts after a win and 15-5 in his last 20 against a division opponent.

Posted : June 27, 2017 4:40 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Larry Wallace

Orioles vs. Blue Jays
Play: Blue Jays -1½

I like Toronto here. They've played better of late with the Orioles really struggling to get back on track on the winning side as they were early this season. Orioles are 7-15 in Gausmans last 22 starts during game 1 of a series, 8-25 in Gausmans last 33 road starts, and are 7-21 L28 road games. Gausman is 0-3 with a 9.20 ERA in his past three starts and is looking for his first win Tuesday since May 31. He has an 8.02 ERA in four June starts, and is 1-3 with a 4.89 ERA in nine career games (six starts) at the Rogers Centre. This will be Biagini's first career start against the Orioles. He has allowed three hits and no runs in 4 2/3 innings in four relief appearances against them this season. He is 0-1 with a 2.45 ERA in 12 career relief appearances against the Orioles. Look for some runs scored tonight with Toronto coming out on top being led by Donaldson and Bautista and Smoak.

Posted : June 27, 2017 4:40 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jack Jones

Cardinals vs. Diamondbacks
Play: Diamondbacks +108

The Arizona Diamondbacks are rolling right now. They are 15-3 in their last 18 games overall and still lacking the respect they deserve from oddsmakers. They should not be home dogs to the Cardinals today, especially considering they are 29-10 and scoring 6.3 runs per game at home this year.

Taijuan Walker has been solid in his first season in Arizona, going 6-3 with a 3.43 ERA and 1.333 WHIP in 11 starts. He has gone 3-0 with a 2.12 ERA in his last three starts as well. Walker will be facing the Cardinals for the first time, which will be to his advantage.

Carlos Martinez is pitching very well overall for the Cardinals, but he hasn't had much success away from home. Martinez is 2-5 with a 4.29 ERA and 1.357 WHIP in seven road starts this year. I don't foresee him having much success against one of the best lineups in baseball today.

The Cardinals are 1-5 in Martinez's last six road starts vs. a team with a winning record. St. Louis is 3-11 in its last 14 road games overall. The Diamondbacks are 26-6 in their last 32 home games vs. a team with a losing record. Arizona is 7-2 in Walker's last nine starts.

Posted : June 27, 2017 4:41 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

John Martin

Twins vs. Red Sox
Play:Red Sox -1½

The Minnesota Twins were dominated by left-hander Chris Sale last night in a 4-1 loss. Now I look for lefty Drew Pomeranz to have similar success tonight. The Twins are hitting just .245 and scoring 4.0 runs per game against southpaws this season. The Red Sox are hitting .266 and scoring 4.9 runs per game against left-handers this year. They are up against lefty Hector Santiago, who is 4-5 with a 5.06 ERA and 1.41 WHIP in 12 starts, 1-3 with a 6.56 ERA and 1.63 WHIP in five road starts, and 0-3 with a 9.00 ERA and 1.64 WHIP in his last three starts. Boston is 24-8 after having lost two of its last three games this season, coming back to win by 2.4 runs per game.

Posted : June 27, 2017 4:41 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Dave Price

Oakland vs. Houston
Play: Oakland +151

The price on the Oakland A's is too good to pass up today. They just won 3 in a row on the road over the White Sox coming into this series with Houston, and I'd argue that they have the advantage on the mond. Sean Manaea is 6-4 with a 4.05 ERA and 1.15 WHIP in 13 starts this year, and 3-3 with a 4.05 ERA and 0.99 WHIP in 6 road starts. Manaea has had his way with the Astros, sporting a 2.23 ERA and 1.08 WHIP in 6 lifetime starts against them. The A's are 6-1 in Manaea's last 7 starts. Oakland is 6-0 in its last 6 after scoring 5 runs or more in its previous game.

Posted : June 27, 2017 4:42 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Mark Franco

Phillies vs. Mariners
Play: Phillies + 167

Gamel and the Mariners are set to face Phillies right-hander Aaron Nola (4-5, 4.32 ERA) for the first time in the opener of the two-game series.

Nola was sharp in his last outing; tossing 7 1/3 innings and allowing just one run in the Phillies' 5-1 win over the St. Louis Cardinals on Thursday. He struck out a season-high eight and walked just two.

The Mariners will send left-hander James Paxton (5-2, 3.39) to the mound. Paxton is 0-1 with a 2.25 ERA in one career start against the Phillies in 2014. Paxton ERA is 6.56 over his last five starts and 9.69 over his last three.

Phillies are 4-1 in Nolas last 5 starts when their opponent allows 5 runs or more in their previous game. Mariners are 1-4 in Paxtons last 5 interleague starts.

Posted : June 27, 2017 4:43 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Mike Anthony

Philadelphia vs. Seattle
Play: Seattle -192

Nelson Cruz has once again became a reliable bat for the Mariners down the stretch - with his timed hitting and sweet swing - Seattle has to be pretty satisfied with how the 36 year old has been playing. That alone gets them some needed confidence here as well. Paxton has had some really good stuff on the bump with a 5-2 record and 70 Ks - they are turning it on lately with some good games. Philadelphia seems a bit more at acceptance of their sad and unfortunate reality of what they really are. The worst team in the MLB - a team with a terrible swing and sad state of baseball affairs overall. They are not nearly as polished as other teams and their bullpen pitchers, have been a disaster. They have too many guys who just can't hit the ball. On the road Philadelphia, gets blasted.

Posted : June 27, 2017 4:44 pm
Page 2 / 3
Share: