1 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jack Jones

Indians vs. Rockies
Play: Rockies +110

The Colorado Rockies have been undervalued all season. They have gone 36-23 on the year while profiting backers +14.8 units. And they are undervalued again here Tuesday as home underdogs to the Cleveland Indians, who are 29-26 and -11.5 units on the year.

Speaking of undervalued, Rockies' starter Antonio Senzatela has been just that. He is 7-2 with a 3.49 ERA and 1.164 WHIP in 11 starts this season. More impressive yet, Senzatela is 5-1 with a 3.00 ERA and 1.103 WHIP in six starts at hitter-friendly Coors Field.

Mike Clevinger has only made five starts for the Indians this season. He got off to a great start, but has come back down to reality of late. He is 0-1 with a 5.40 ERA in his last two starts, giving up 7 earned runs, 4 homers and 16 base runners over 11 2/3 innings.

The Indians are 1-8 in their last nine interleague games. Cleveland is 3-7 in Clevinger's last 10 starts. The Rockies are 6-1 in their last seven games following an off day. Colorado is 8-3 in Senzatela's 11 starts this season, including 5-1 in his six home starts.

Posted : June 6, 2017 4:52 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Dave Price

Nationals vs. Dodgers
Play: Nationals -108

Rarely will you get the chance to bet on Max Scherzer at nearly even money. That is the opportunity we have today with the Washington Nationals against the L.A. Dodgers. Scherzer is 6-3 with a 2.56 ERA and 0.89 WHIP in 11 starts this year with 100 K's in 77 1/3 innings. He has a 2.27 ERA in 6 road starts and a 1.99 ERA in his last 3 starts. Scherzer also sports a 3.53 ERA and 1.15 WHIP in 10 lifetime starts vs. Los Angeles. Washington is 10-1 in road games after a win by 2 runs or less this season. Scherzer is 21-4 in road games after a win over the last 3 seasons.

Posted : June 6, 2017 4:52 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Pro Computer Gambler

Giants vs. Brewers
Play: Giants +125

Today we have the following sports betting systems active on this play sports at least a 10% roi in a sample of 100 or more games per system plus some smaller trends. In addition, we have the PCG Raw Numbers (now 375-312 +86.25 units for 2017 MLB) in agreement on this one.

Posted : June 6, 2017 4:53 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Handicappers Hub

Giants vs. Brewers
Play:Brewers -135

Chase Anderson is pitching lights out going 14 straight innings without giving up a run and allowing just 4 hits combined in his last 2 starts against much better offenses then what the Giants are sending out there tonight. Meanwhile, Matt Cain is coming in struggling 3-4 record and 4.53 ERA on the season and I love the Brewers to get to him tonight and get the W at home!

Posted : June 6, 2017 4:53 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jeff Benton

Tuesday comp play is the Cardinals to even their series with the Reds.

It's been a real struggle for St. Louis on the road these days, and last night was no exception, as the Redbirds lost their 5th straight on the highway.

I like them to stop the bleeding tonight behind Adam Wainwright who happened to be on the hill the last time they won a game on June 1st when they blanked Los Angeles, 2-0 at home.

Wainwright is now 3-0 with a 0.47 ERA the last 3 times he has made the start. The Cardinals are also 7-3 the last 10 times he has started on the road.

The Reds will counter with Tim Adleman whose last home start saw him get lit up for 6 runs in just under 5 innings of work against Colorado back on May 20th.

St. Louis is overdue for a road win, and tonight they get it behind their steadiest pitcher this year.

4* ST. LOUIS

Posted : June 6, 2017 4:54 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Chris Jordan

I hit the Cincinnati Reds last night with my free play, as I told you after losing a marathon on national television on Sunday night in Chicago against the Cubs, that the St. Louis Cardinals didn't get to home. Instead they traveled to Cincinnati for the first time this season, and had to start another rivalry series. Trouble.

My free pick for Tuesday is on the underdog Reds, as they're going to take advantage of the reeling Redbirds, who are mired in a four-game slide.

Over their past 11 meetings, starting last September with a 9-1 Reds win, the teams had alternated victories. And with St. Louis hosting the Reds for two series earlier this season, I think Cincinnati is catching the Cardinals at a good time.

I know the Reds have lost five of their past seven games, but that just means they're even more hungry, and can satisfy their hunger with another win over a division rival.

I'm going to play Cincy in this one.

1* REDS

(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Brad Wilton

Tuesday night free play is the Red Sox as they open a big three game series in the Bronx against the first place Yankees.

A Boston sweep puts them atop the division, and while I don't know if they can sweep all 3, chances they snag the series opener look good to me as Drew Pomeranz opposes Masahiro Tanaka.

Pomeranz has been throwing it well for the Sox, going 2-0 with a 2.12 ERA his last 3 times to the mound, while Tanaka has been a puzzle for the Yankees, as the "ace" of the staff has looked anything but, going 0-3 with a 7.88 ERA for his last 3 starts.

Tanaka did blank Boston back in late April at Fenway Park, but it appears there is something awry with his mechanics as we head into the summer.

I am banking on Boston bombing him tonight to renew this A.L. East rivalry.

Take Boston.

2* BOSTON

(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jack Brayman

My free play for Tuesday night is on the Tampa Bay Rays over the Chicago White Sox, and I'm playing this one on the run line.

Both teams enjoyed a day off on Monday, after tough stretches, but the bottom line is the Rays are at home, and the White Sox had to continue their road trip and are mired in a five-game losing streak.

The White Sox are tied for last place in the AL Central, and continue to struggle.

That said, when playing the run line, the fact is your ticket will have pitchers listed, and I don't mind having Chris Archer going, as he's 3-0 against the ChiSox lifetime.

Take Tampa Bay today, as it rolls past the South Siders.

3* TAMPA BAY -1.5

Posted : June 6, 2017 4:55 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Eric Schroeder

My free play is on the Seattle Mariners on the run line, over the Minnesota Twins.

This price amazes me, as the American League West's third-place Seattle Mariners are laying more than $2 to the American League Central's first-place Minnesota Twins - a team that is 17-6 on the road.

But, the M's have won three in a row and seven of 10, and I see the allure, I suppose.

Instead, I'll count on the Mariners' lineup, led by the hot bat of Danny Valencia, who went from hitting just .181 in April with one home run and five RBI, to hitting .348 since then, with four homers and 21 RBI over 29 games.

Take the M's on the run line in this one.

5* MARINERS -1.5

Posted : June 6, 2017 4:55 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Carmine Bianco

New York Mets at Texas Rangers
Play: New York Mets -143

Tuesday's Free Play is a play on the Mets in what is a favorable pitching match up as deGrom 4-2, 3.97 takes the mound for the Mets and looking to bounce back from a poor performance against Milwaukee last out where he had trouble finding the strike zone before getting pulled after 4. Prior to that start he'd had 2 quality starts allowing 1 run in 15.1 innings in back to back wins.

Posted : June 6, 2017 4:57 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Cal Sports

Minnesota Twins at Seattle Mariners
Play: Minnesota Twins +155

Almost considered making this a “play” with a 3* rating but there is plenty of value playing it for 2 units and doubling our money if it wins. The line is just way too high! Granted Seattle has won 7 of their last 10 and James Paxton is 4-0 with a 1.26 ERA and a 0.930 WHIP BUT…Minnesota leads the AL Central, they are 17-6 on the road (2nd best away after Houston), have won 8 of the last 10 games here, are 18-8 at night and have a winning record vs lefties (7-5). The Mariners are 2-3 after an off day. Are 7-8 vs lefties and this is the largest HF they’ve been all season.

Posted : June 6, 2017 4:58 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

The Prez

Toronto Blue Jays at Oakland Athletics
Play: Toronto Blue Jays -130

The Toronto Blue Jays will attempt to bounce back from Monday night's loss at Oakland Coliseum against the A's. The inconsistency of both teams have resulted in disappointing starts to the 2017 campaign. The fact that Ryon Healy is Oakland's offensive savior and provided all the offense in Oakland's 5-3 triumph on Monday, belting a three run homer in the second inning and a two-run shot two innings later, speaks to how far the Athletics will climb the American League West standings the final four months of the MLB regular season slate.

First pitch for tonight's west coast contest is scheduled for 10:05 p.m. ET and pits the Blue Jays Marco Estrada (4-3, 3.86 ERA) against Athletics Jesse Hahn (1-4, 3.81).

How inconsistent are the A's offensively? Oakland has scored a total of 25 runs over their last three games after registering a mere seven over their previous three events. Toronto's ace, Estrada, is coming off a poor showing allowing seven runs on nine hits in just short of 4 innings of work versus the New York Yankees. Before being hit hard by the Yanks the Blue Jays righty was 3-0 in his previous four trips to the mound.

When Estrada has his changeup working he is difficult to hit. Conversely, when his change is up in the zone the opposition looks like a club hitting the ball off a tee. Consistency is the theme for both of these franchises, or inconsistency rather, and that includes Estrada. The Toronto righty has allowed at least five runs in 25 percent of his starts while in the other 8 outings this season he's allowed a total of just nine earned runs. Despite the fact that Estrada’s ERA stands at 3.86 while his FIP is 3.58 making his surface numbers fit to his underlying peripherals he is currently not consistent enough to trust.

Oakland starter Jesse Hahn makes his first start since May 23rd. Hahn has been on the disabled list with a triceps strain. Tonight's trip to the Coliseum mound will be the first time the A's righty has faced the Blue Jays and the majority of their lineup. Hahn was pitching through his arm injury in May and wasn't effective. He is 1-1 in three home starts this year but surrendered 10 runs over 11 2/3 innings.

Hahn has been touted as the A's best starter but his underlying skills don't match his surface numbers nor do they equate to the near pick'em price in the event. Hahn's strikeout rate is minuscule at 8 percent while his walk ratio is even higher, at 9 percent. The A's righty has a porous 7.5% SwStr rate and he lives and dies by the ground ball (GB percentage at 57) but pitches in one of the best fly ball venues in the bigs.

All things being equal the oddsmakers should be giving the veteran Estrada the title of pitching chalk tonight in Oakland but the A's recent offensive surge has this Tuesday night affair at a near pick'em price point.

Posted : June 6, 2017 4:58 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bob Balfe

Diamondbacks -1.5 -110

Arizona is back at home trying to break a 3 game losing streak. The Padres just don’t score enough runs to be a real threat to anybody this year. Arizona scores a lot of runs at home so all it takes is that one big inning. Robbie Ray has not given up a run in his last three starts and should continue that trend today against a weak offense.

Posted : June 6, 2017 5:00 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Harry Bondi

CLEVELAND (-120) over Colorado

Indians starter Mike Clevinger took over for Danny Salazar in the Tribe’s starting rotation and has pitched very well. Clevinger is averaging a strikeout an inning, has given up less than 4 hits per start and has been perfect on the road. Indians roll the Rockies!

Posted : June 6, 2017 5:01 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

OC Dooley

Cardinals / Reds Under 9.5

There was a major announcement made by Cincinnati this afternoon which improves the BULLPEN effectiveness as former start Tony Cingrani who had adjusted to the role of "setup" man (1.93 ERA) was activated from the disabled list. Speaking of 1.93 ERA's that just happens to be the figure that Tim Adelman has put up in his most recent pair of starting assignments and he will oppose St. Louis veteran Adam Wainwright who has limited the opposition to just ONE run in the past 4 starts combined. St. Louis has had recent problems winning games and it should be pointed out that for the entire season to date after dropping 6 decisions in an eight-game span they are a resounding 9-1 UNDER the total with the offense averaging just 2.5 runs per game in that situation

Posted : June 6, 2017 6:45 pm
Page 3 / 3
Share: