22 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Dave Price

St. Louis Cardinals -148

The Milwaukee Brewers have lost 6 straight games coming in and will likely get swept by the St. Louis Cardinals tonight. The Cardinals still have a lot to play for as they are currently the 2nd wild card team in the National League and trying to fend off numerous pursuers. I like the grit the Cards have shown the past two days in scoring runs late to come away with victories. I also like what I've seen from Luke Weaver, who is 1-1 with a 3.60 ERA in his 3 starts this year. Matt Garza remains one of the worst starters in baseball, going 4-6 with a 4.89 ERA and 1.602 WHIP in 14 starts, and 0-2 with a 5.14 ERA and 1.857 WHIP in his last 3 starts. Garza is 4-5 with a 4.25 ERA and 1.528 WHIP in 13 lifetime starts vs. St. Louis. Milwaukee is 7-24 (-14.4 Units) against the money line as a home underdog of +125 to +150 over the last 2 seasons. The Cardinals are 8-1 in their last 9 road games. The Brewers are 21-50 in their last 71 vs. division opponents.

Posted : August 31, 2016 1:31 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Gabriel DuPont

Complimentary play, I look to improve on my 111-88 run with free picks: Los Angeles at COLORADO (+135).

The STORYLINE in this game today - The Colorado Rockies are at home, where they're arguably the best hitting team in baseball. Understandably, it's because it's in the Mile High City. Tonight the Rox are a great-priced underdog to the Los Angeles Dodgers. And since Colorado is riding a three-game win streak, I'm going to ride the momentum.

The X-FACTOR in making this choice on this game - Colorado's offense at home really is hard to argue. The Rockies rank second with 404 runs scored in Denver, their .302 batting average at Coors Field also ranks No. 2. Their slugging percentage is No. 1, at .518. But here's the thing, overall, this is still the No. 2 team in the bigs wiht a .273 batting average, while their 694 runs is also second. I like the offense to carry us here.

BOTTOM LINE is - As for the first-place Dodgers, I don't know if I can trust them after seeing how they lost the series-opener two nights back, 8-1. They're now 31-32 on the road, and this is a trouble spot for them. Take the home pup.

5* ROCKIES

Posted : August 31, 2016 1:32 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jeff Benton

Your Wednesday freebie is the Rays-Red Sox to conclude their series with an Over.

Last night's game started off very slowly offensively, but the teams did combine for 6 of their 7 runs from the 5th inning on. That fact tells me the bats will be ready to boom this afternoon against Drew Smyly and Steven Wright.

Smyly owns a 4.80 season ERA, and the Over is 15-6-4 for the season when he starts. That includes each of his last 4 trips to the mlund.

Wright's last 2 starts at home are nightmarish, as he has allowed 13 runs to score in under 11 innings of work at Fenway, and the Over is 3-1-1 the last 5 times Wright had taken his turn in the rotation.

After a low-scoring game last night, expect this afternoon's affair to see plenty of crooked digits hung.

Rays-Red Sox Over the total.

5* TAMPA BAY-BOSTON OVER

Posted : August 31, 2016 1:32 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Chris Jordan

Taking a shot with my complimentary winner for Wednesday, as I like the Oakland Athletics plus the big price in Houston, against the Astros.

Nothing major to see about this game, except the early start, and maybe a little overconfidence from the Astros today. Oakland hung tough last night in a 3-1 loss, and what I'm noticing more and more as this season drags on, is the road team in a series finale during a matinee, they're pulling out the dog victory.

This is worth a shot at this price. Don't list pitchers.

4* ATHLETICS

Posted : August 31, 2016 1:33 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Brad Wilton

My comp play for Wednesday is for the Blue Jays and Orioles to end their set with an Over.

Both Monday and Tuesday's games have held just Under the total, but I say play it high tonight at Camden Yards with Aaron Sanchez and Yovani Gallardo on the mound.

The Jays are keeping a close eye on Sanchez' innings, and of late, his ERA has ballooned to 5.29 for his last 3 starts, and he has not started since August the 20th. I feel like the kid is a little "off" his game right now with his schedule being juggled around.

As for Gallardo, he has been "off" his game for most of the season, as evidenced by his 5.69 season ERA. Over his last 3, Gallardo sports an ERA over 8.

Look for there to be plenty of runs tonight between these A.L. East rivals, and for the series finale to climb Over the total.

4* TORONTO-BALTIMORE OVER

Posted : August 31, 2016 1:33 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bruce Marshall

Colorado +155

The Rocks and Dodgers play two today after Tuesday's rainout. Pitching matchups have been altered as LA holds back scheduled Tuesday starter Rich Hill until the nightcap while Colorado will have its Tuesday scheduled starter Tyler Anderson pitch the opener. The Rocks are off of an 8-1 win on Monday and have won recent series vs. the Nats and Cubs. Hill made a solid return from the DL last Wednesday vs. the Giants but now must deal with the Rocks in Denver's altitude. On a tight pitch count, Hill likely doesn't last beyond the fifth inning. Colorado saw improvement in rookie Jeff Hoffman from his first to his second start, when he allowed 3 ER in 6 IP vs. the dangerous Nats.

Posted : August 31, 2016 4:41 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Rocketman

St Louis @ Milwaukee
Play: St Louis -148

The St Louis Cardinals travel to Milwaukee to take on the Brewers on Wednesday night. St Louis is 70-61 SU overall this year while Milwaukee comes in with a 56-76 SU overall record on the season. Luke Weaver is 1-1 with a 3.60 ERA in his 3 starts this season. Matt Garza is 0-2 with a 5.14 ERA his last 3 starts. St Louis is 40-24 on the road this year where they are scoring 5.5 runs per game. St Louis is allowing only 4 runs per game their past 7 games overall where opponents have a combined team batting average of only .214. Milwaukee is 31-60 against right handed starters this season where they are scoring 3.6 runs per game. Milwaukee is 1-6 last 7 games where they are scoring 3.6 runs per game. Milwaukee is 17-35 against division opponents this year where they are scoring only 3.7 runs per game. St Louis has won 11 of 14 meetings overall vs Milwaukee this year and is 20-7 last 27 games when playing in Milwaukee. Milwaukee is 8-25 last 3 years as a home underdog of +125 to +150. We'll recommend a small play on St Louis tonight!

Posted : August 31, 2016 4:42 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share: