1 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

KEVIN THOMAS

Houston vs. Philadelphia
Play: Philadelphia +1.5

As much as teams want to win AJ Hinch manager of the Astros knows his team is in. He also realizes division and conference wins are better than winning Interleague games. Already up 2-0 on the Phillies we expect more rest for some injured players that could go like Alex Bergman. Nola has emerged as the Phillies ACE. Even though Fiers has not faced the Phillies since he pitched for the Brewers he did have his struggles in Philly.

Posted : July 26, 2017 4:56 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Eric Schroeder

My free winner for tonight is on the Oakland Athletics, over the Toronto Blue Jays, and I want you to list the scheduled starting pitchers: Paul Blackburn and Marco Estrada.

Blackburn steps to the hill after suffering the first loss of his career, last Friday, when he allowed four runs on six hits, including a home run, over 5 1/3 innings against the New York Mets. He had completed at least six innings in each of his previous three starts, and I think he'll be out to avenge the setback.

Thing is, this is more about the struggling Estrada, who is 0-5 with a 9.52 ERA since the start of June. The right-hander complained of fatigue in his last outing, yet had only thrown 57 pitches after four innings. He should not be laying a big price.

Take Oakland and list both.

2* ATHLETICS

Posted : July 26, 2017 4:58 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Chris Jordan

I'm ready to improve on this 123-106-4 run with free picks, including a 49-51 mark on the MLB season with freebies.

Two nights back I told you I would take advantage of a precarious situation, as the Cincinnati Reds had to stop over in Cleveland, for a make-up game. It made for an easy game for the Indians, and I played them on the Run Line. Last night I came right back with the Tribe on the Run Line, and lo and behold the damn Indians walked off with a Grand Slam!

Tonight there is nothing precarious, it's simply playing a red-hot Cleveland team at home, as it's riding a five-game win streak.

The American League Central-leading Indians are feeling the heat from the surging Kansas City Royals, who have won seven in a row and are just 1 1/2 back of Cleveland.

The Indians are in after a three-game sweep at Toronto, then Monday night's make-up win against Cincinnati, and last night's win over the Angels in the lid-lifter. On the other hand, the Angels have lost six of their last 11 games and are just 22-29 on the road this year.

After yesterday's win over the Angels, the Indians are two games above .500, at 26-24 at Progressive Field, the first time in two months they haven't had a losing record at home. That is a big deal for a team in this point in the season, and they'll use that momentum this week, with hopes of keeping the Angels at bay.

Just look for the Indians to keep rolling here.

4* INDIANS -1.5

Posted : July 26, 2017 5:00 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Brad Wilton

Wednesday comp play is the Royals over the Tigers.

Things in KC these days are going well, quite well in fact, as the Royals are most definitely in contention for the Central Division crown.

Kansas City has captured the first 2 of this series, and 4 straight overall against Detroit in the past week-plus. They are also 8-3 their last 11 games played at Comerica Park, and they have won 7 straight coming into this series finale!

Detroit is on a 2-5 slide, and I don't see them getting out of that slide tonight.

The Royals have won 7 of Ian Kennedy's last 8 starts, and I like them to win again tonight versus Anibal Sanchez.

Kansas City keeps pace in the A.L. Central as they complete the sweep.

2* KANSAS CITY

Posted : July 26, 2017 5:01 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jeff Benton

Wednesday freebie is the Under in the Houston-Philadelphia series finale.

Phillies were blanked last night, and there is a chance...a real strong chance that there were be plenty of blank frames on the Citizen Bank Ball Park scoreboard this Wednesday night.

With last night's Under, the Under is 12-3-2 in Philly's last 17 home games, and with Mike Fiers and Aaron Nola on the mound, expect another Under.

Fiers is 2-1 his last 3 starts with a 2.70 ERA. He has allowed 2 runs or less in 8 of his last 10 starts.

Nola is 1-1 with a 2.14 ERA over his last 3 starts. The Under stands at 5-1 the last 6 times Nola has taken the mound, including 4 straight in the Under column.

Have to side with another Under tonight in Philly.

2* HOUSTON-PHILADELPHIA UNDER

Posted : July 26, 2017 5:02 pm
Page 3 / 3
Share: