Free Picks: Free Service Plays for Wednesday, July 5th, 2017

35 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jack Brayman

Yesterday my free winner was on the Angels, and I lost. Tonight I'm taking the other side, as I like the Minnesota Twins on the Run Line.

That's because the Twins are aiming for a sweep of the suddenly struggling Angels, who have lost three in a row. The Halos have also lost five of their past six games and are 1-6 against the Twins this season.

Minnesota, on the other hand, may have the fewest home wins in the American League, but it has won four of its past five home games.

Take the Twins on the Run Line.

1* TWINS -1.5

Posted : July 5, 2017 3:59 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jeff Benton

My free winner for Wednesday is the Detroit Tigers on the Run Line, over the San Francisco Giants.

I think the Tigers are going to maul Blach, who has struggled terribly over the previous month. While he recorded quality starts to begin and end June, he posted a sky-high 9.28 ERA in four starts in between. Now on the road, against an American League team with a DH, he will get pummeled.

I like Norris to dominate, after he suffered through an up-and-down start against the Royals last Wednesday, when he couldn't complete four innings for the first time this season. While he has never faced the Giants, the southpaw was 2-0 with a 2.31 ERA in two Interleague starts last year.

Take the Tigers on the Run Line.

2* TIGERS -1.5

Posted : July 5, 2017 4:00 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Brad Wilton

Wednesday freebie is the Under in the Padres and Indians.

The offense was missing yesterday when the Pads took a 1-0 decision from the Tribe, as San Diego is now 4-2-1 Under the total in their last 7 games played, while Cleveland is on a 5-1-1 Under clip their last 7 games played.

Luis Perdomo and Trevor Bauer have been going out to the hill and keeping their teams in games, as Perdomo owns a 3.12 ERA for his last 3 starts, and the Under has banked in 2 of those 3 starts.

As for Bauer, his ERA is just 3.15 his last 3 times on the mound, and the Under has cashed in in all 3 of those starts!

Strong trends say side with the Under, so go ahead and side with an Under in San Diego-Cleveland for Wednesday.

3* SAN DIEGO-CLEVELAND UNDER

Posted : July 5, 2017 4:00 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Harry Bondi

ST. LOUIS (-135) over Miami

The Cards have owned the Marlins, winning 12 of the last 18 meetings and tonight they send a red-hot Mike Leake to the mound. The right-hander is just 6-6 this season but deserves better as he has posted a 2.97 ERA and an even better 2.25 ERA in his last three starts. He’s also 6-1 in his career vs. Miami with a 2.36 ERA. We’ll also have the much better bullpen in this match-up as the Marlins relievers have posted a 5.04 ERA on the road while St. Louis has been stingy in the late innings at home with a 3.92 ERA.

Posted : July 5, 2017 4:02 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bob Balfe

Twins -1.5 +110

The Angels have struggled with the bats this year and will send out Parker Bridwell to start tonight. Bridwell has not pitched that many innings this year, but has given up a lot of home runs. In a game like this all it takes is one big swing of the bat to put the Angels out of it.

Posted : July 5, 2017 4:03 pm
Page 3 / 3
Share: