0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Indian Cowboy
FOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVlCE PLAYS VlSlT THESPREAD.COM
1 Unit Play. Take Under 42 between Green Bay Packers @ Arizona Cardinals
Despite the fact that offense is supposed to take the lead in this game, I believe it has a good shot at going under. Green Bay hits the road for the first time this preseason and I expect their offense to not be in as sync as they have been thus far at home. Plus, Arizona's offense has been dismal to start the year scoring just a total of 16 points for the first two games. The NFC Champs have continued to improve their defense and that has shown this year as well and the end of the playoffs last year which led them to an NFC Championship. I believe Green Bay's offense will be lacking a bit on the road and Arizona's defense to play sound as well as this game likely dips under the 42 total mark.

Posted : August 28, 2009 7:49 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Pointwise Phones
FOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVICE PLAYS VISIT THESPREAD.COM
2* New England
2* Green Bay

Posted : August 28, 2009 9:11 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

igz1 sports
3* Green Bay +3
3* Washington +3.5

Posted : August 28, 2009 9:12 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Insider Sports Report

4* Texas Rangers
3* Cleveland Indians
3* Patriots / Redskins Under 38

Posted : August 28, 2009 11:30 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

LARRY NESS

MLB GAME OF THE YEAR

SF GIANTS

Posted : August 28, 2009 11:48 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Robert Ferringo

5-Unit Play. Take Chicago Cubs (-1.5, -120) over N.Y. Mets
Note: This is my Game of the Month.
Mets have long been cooked. And I know that the Cubs really haven’t been playing any better than a second-rate team, but they are still leaps and bounds above the Mets. The Cubs just dropped two of three at home to the Nationals. But I watched those games and the Nats just played really good baseball. It wasn’t that the Cubs were bungling things. The Mets are coming off a rare blowout win yesterday so it’s a good spot to fade them in. New York is 3-12 against left-handed pitching and are rolling out a weak, weak lefty starter of their own. The Cubs are 35-16 at home against southpaws and 23-6 at home behind Ted Lilly. Lilly has had one bad outing – a rough start at Philly – but other than that he has rolled out five of six starts allowing two runs or less. Since coming back from an injury earlier this month Lilly has had two strong starts, giving up just two runs in 12 innings, both on the road. Lilly has had some success in his career against the Mets and the Cubs are 12-5 against New York in Wrigley.

Patrick Misch was picked up off the scrap heap by the Mets – like most of their team. He had a 10.80 ERA for San Fran this year before coming to New York. With the Mets he has just a 2.89 ERA as a reliever. But he’s allowed 18 hits and 10 walks in 18 innings. That’s awful. And because he’s been relieving if he allows inherited runners to score they don’t hurt his ERA. Misch is 0-8 in his career. That means he’s never earned a win. He has faced the Cubs three times and has a 7.36 ERA against them. And in his two trips to Wrigley he is sporting a 10.12 ERA with three runs allowed in less than three innings.
The Mets are going with Daniel Murphy (.262, 7 HR), Jeff Franceour (.269, 11 HR) and Cory Sullivan (.284, 0 HR) as their 3-4-5 right now. It’s not their fault; injuries have crippled this team. But the bottom line is that they aren’t any good right now. And as poorly as the Cubs have been playing the group of Derek Lee, Alfonso Soriano, Aramis Ramirez, Milton Bradley and Co. should absolutely have their way with New York today.

1.5-Unit Play. Take L.A. Angels (-150) over Oakland
1-Unit Play. Take St. Louis (-1.5, +120) over Washington

1-Unit Play. Take Boston (-1.5, -115) over Toronto
1-Unit Play. Take San Francisco (-125) over Colorado

Today’s Totals

0.5-Unit Play. Take ‘Under’ 9.0 Washington at St. Louis
1-Unit Play. Take ‘Under’ 9.0 San Diego at Florida

Posted : August 28, 2009 12:01 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Dave Busk

4 Unit Pick Take San Francisco (-120) over Colorado
2 Unit Pick Take San Francisco (-1.5+1.70) over Colorado
Rarely do I do this type of wagering but there is some good value in this situation tonight. This two teams just played each other in the beginning of the week and these two pitchers hooked up in a duel with Ubaldo Jimenez coming out on top over Tim Lincecum. Now we get a pitcher with Lincecum on the bump at home where he has allowed just 21 earned runs in 95 innings this year along with 113 to 24 strike out to walk ratio at home in a revenge spot with a quick turnaround in a big game with the Giants trailing the Rockies by three games in the hunt for the wild card. No doubt about Jimenez has been good if not great since the all-Star break as has the Rockies as a team. The Giants Sandoval is questionable but I fully expected him to be in the lineup for this important game and help the Lincecum get the revenge.

2 Unit Pick Take Arizona (-1.5+1.35) over Houston
We have a huge pitching edge here with Max Scherzer on the hill vs. Yorman Bazardo. Bazardo making his second start here after spending time in the bullpen is only going to give four to five innings before we’re in that Houston bullpen. Arizona starter Scherzer is coming off a rough outing in his last start on the road vs. the Astros, this kid has talent and I think he will rebound here and pitch a good game vs. Houston. To be able to take plus money here in this situation vs. Bazardo is good value

Posted : August 28, 2009 12:03 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Allen Eastman
3.5-Unit Play. Take ‘Under’ 9.0 L.A. Dodgers at Cincinnati
I think that the Dodgers will have a bit of a letdown today after their emotional series in Colorado. L.A. really hasn’t been scoring runs and the ‘under’ is 7-2-1 in their last 10 games in Cincinnati. The ‘under’ is 11-5-2 in Cincy’s last 18 games overall and is 7-0-1 in L.A.’s last eight games overall.

Posted : August 28, 2009 12:03 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Vegas Informer

3 Unit Play. Take Florida -145 over San Diego
Florida swept a three-game series against San Diego in late July at Petco Park and has won six of their last seven matchups. The Marlins are 9-2 against NL West teams.

6 Unit Play. Take San Francisco -125 over Colorado
(Game of the Month) A huge series starts tonight in San Francisco and this series could tell us who might win the NL Wild Card. “The Freak” get the ball tonight for the Giants but Lincecum is only 3-3 with a 4.33 ERA in nine career starts against the Rockies. With Lincecum on the mound at home we like the Giants and with “The Freak” at home the Giants should win this game. The Giants are 17-5 at home against teams with winning records. Colorado is 0-5 in their last 5 games as a road underdog.

Posted : August 28, 2009 12:05 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Indian Cowboy

4 Unit Play. Take Under 145 New York Liberty @ Chicago Sky
We keep rolling in the wnba. New York is playing very well of late and they have not quit on the season as it apparent due to their 4-2 mark over their last six games. They lost to Chicago 77-88 their last time around and the Liberty have a funny a way of stepping up on defense coming off a loss to a team earlier in the season. Although New York plays the over at home, on the road, this team steps up defensively. Tack that on with the fact that the Liberty have revenge and will look to rely on their defense more, it bears well for the under. The last time these two teams met, the total was 155. Yet, the total for this game is set at 145 which leads me to believe that this will likely be similar to the Chicago vs. LA Sparks game in Chicago earlier this season which totaled at 138. I have this game closing at or around the mid to high 130's as this game likely dips under the total.

4 Unit Play. Take Under 9 San Diego Padres @ Florida Marlins
We are 3-1 on the week in baseball as we look to go 4-1 on the week with today's winner. Correia comes off getting shelled in his last performance giving up five runs on 10 hits in less than seven innings. Correia previously had pitched 7 of 8 quality starts. I look for him to have a bounce-back start today. Volstad looks to bounce-back as well from his loss in Atlanta as the Marlins fell short 3-4 and I expect him to have a quality start today. Given we have two quality pitchers coming off rough starts, I believe this game likely dips under as the Under is 4-0 for Correia coming off five days of rest and the Under is 20-8-3 for the Marlins coming off a loss.

Posted : August 28, 2009 12:06 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Tony Salinas

24* Reds (+180) over Dodgers
Partly cloudy with a 40-percent chance of rain. Winds blowing in from right field at 5-10 m.p.h. Game-time temperature: Around 80.
25* Pirates (+140) over Brewers
Partly cloudy with a 30-percent chance of rain. Winds blowing in from right field at 5-10 m.p.h. Game-time temperature: Around 70.
27* Giants (-125) over Rockies NL Game of the Month
Partly cloudy. Winds blowing out to right field at 5-15 m.p.h. Game-time temperature: Around 70.

Posted : August 28, 2009 12:30 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Teddy Covers

Pirates / Brewers Over

Posted : August 28, 2009 12:53 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

ASA

3* Phillies

Posted : August 28, 2009 12:54 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bob Valentino

25 DIME - REDSKINS plus the points over New England

NOTE: It is my belief that this number is going to continue to go up as the public bets on the Patriots. So my advice is to wait to make your play until about two hours prior to kickoff. At the very least, there's no excuse for grabbing less than 4 points with Washington.

Posted : August 28, 2009 1:28 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Trace Adams

1500* - Philadelphia w/Martinez over Hanson Listen, I don't think Pedro Martinez is the better of the 2 pitchers on the mound tonight, but I do think that after watching the Braves lose 2 of 3 at home this week to the lowly San Diego Padres, Atlanta just is not going to be hanging around in the postseason talks much longer.

Sure, Philly has issues with their bullpen, and sure the Phils did lose 2 of 3 to the Pirates, but Philadelphia is back at home for this weekend series, and they have gone 19-7 their last 26 dates at the Bank.

Atlanta had won 5 straight, and 7 of 9 in the season series against the Phillies prior to dropping 2 of 3 in the middle of this month at home, and it is those losses coupled with the uninspired showing against San Diego this week that leads me to believe they will actually make Pedro look good for 6 innings this Friday night.

No knocking Tommy Hanson, as it looks like Atlanta has the makings of another quality starter, but Hanson's 4 game winning streak is about due to be busted.

With the Phils bats a little quiet last night, look for them to wake up in their own ball yard.

I am on Philadelphia to make it a perfect 2-for-2 with my 1500♦s this season!

1500♦ - Philadelphia w/Martinez over Hanson

Posted : August 28, 2009 1:29 pm
Page 1 / 4
Share: