56 Posts
5 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Ben Burns

2009 CFL GAME OF THE YEAR! *6-0 L6 GOYs*

I'm playing on BC. It's only the first week of August but at 1-4, this has become a "must win" game for the Lions. I expect them to respond with a massive effort. The scoreboard will show that the Lions got blown out at Hamilton last week. However, I watch every CFL game (at least once) and that one easily could have gone in BC's favor, as it swung on two plays. The Lions had rallied to take a 1-point lead into halftime and had the momentum in their corner. They came out and were about to take control of the second half only to fumble on a 1st and goal from the goal line. The Ti-Cats drove the length of the field afterwards but the BC defense held them to a field goal. I still thought the Lions were going to win at that point, but they fumbled the ensuing kickoff, allowing the Ti-Cats an easy touchdown. While those back to back key turnovers on consecutive possessions proved too much to overcome, my point is that the Lions easily could have been winners last week. Note that BC had an edge in total yards, a significant one, if including return yards. While they had to travel from Hamilton, the Lions are now back home. They've also had an extra day in between games, when compared to Saskatchewan. BC played Friday. The Rough Riders, which are now playing their second straight road game, played on Saturday. Playing back to back road games and playing on a short week can be difficult. Looking at the Rough Riders last 20 games and we find that they've played back to back road games just once. Coincidentally, the second of the back to back road games was a game here at Vancouver. The Lions won by a score of 28-23. While the Rough Riders are coming off a win, that win was against the defending Grey Cup champions. In other words, they could easily be a little emotionally flat or ripe for a 'letdown.' Note that last week's victory was Saskatchewan's second road win. They followed up their first road victory by getting crushed 43-10 the following week. In addition to the fact that they desperately need a victory, the Lions should be further motivated by the fact that they're playing with 'revenge' from an earlier loss at Saskatchewan. That game was only a month ago and BC was a -1 point favorite on the road. Now, they're playing at home and the line is still basically the same. I feel that's great line value. I feel the Lions are better than their record indicates and that the opposite is somewhat true of Saskatchewan. Despite this season's slow start, the Lions, who bolstered their roster this week, have still won 11 of 17 home games. I expect them to be the "hungrier" team here and for that to lead to a very important victory. *CFL GOY

Posted : August 7, 2009 9:14 am
(@biotrends)
Noble Member

HalfBets

Mets Vs Padres
PICK: OVER 7.5 ev (7*)

Thee Top Service
On a Long Winning Run
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
See the Other Top 5 Services

http://www.thespread.com/forum/index.php?topic=65166.0

Posted : August 7, 2009 9:18 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Matt Rivers

1ST 200,000* OF THE BASEBALL SEASON Your winner here is on the Tampa Bay Rays!
FOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVlCE PLAYS VlSlT THESPREAD.COM
Talk about getting the better team plus money!!!! WOW!

Sure Felix Hernandez is an absolute stud and a guy that can be lights out but Jeff Nieman has really come into his own and is no slouch at all. Then when you factor in how much better the Rays are in terms of pretty much everything else including the far superior lineup than I am all about the visitors today at Safeco.

Tampa may not be as good away from the Trop but this team is far from a club that is like the Twins who literally wet the bed outside of their dome. Joe Maddon's club can for sure win games on the highway and this will be another indication of just that. They just outclassed the Red Sox at home and are ready to do the same here to a clear inferior Seattle squad away from home.
Sure Seattle has had a nice little overachieving season and without a doubt Ichiro is a sick sick hitter. But besides the Japanese lefty and Russell Branyan who has had a career season the Mariners are sooo outclassed in this game. Adrian Beltre is back but so what, the guy really has not been all that good in a few years and now just getting healthy again makes him even less dangerous than the mediocre player he has become.

Crawford, Upton, Pena, Longoria and others form a lineup that is flat out nasty. The Rays may not crush Hernandez as the righthander can be filthy and should at least be good here but Tampa has a much better shot to plate runs then the fairly weak Seattle lineup has against a solid and definitely good enough Niemann.
If this game was a pick I would still love the Rays and that pretty much tells me all I need to know!

Plus money? Um, ok!

Posted : August 7, 2009 11:27 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Platinum Plays Win
Wash -115
Rockies -130
Over 7 Reds
Over 9 Whitesox
KC -135
Platinum Play of the Day
Toronto Runline

Posted : August 7, 2009 11:27 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Tony Weston
30 Dime Red Sox

Posted : August 7, 2009 11:28 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Charlie
St. Louis @ Pitt under 7, Atlanta @ Dodgers under 7' & Tampa Bay @ Seattle under 7' ( 500* 3 team rd robin)
Yankees -120 (30*)
Atlanta +130 (20*)
Angles -135 (20*)
Detroit -120 (10*)
Seattle -140 (10*) free play

Posted : August 7, 2009 11:31 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bob Valentino
25 DIME -- Red Sox-Yankees UNDER the total (with Beckett and Burnett as the starting pitchers).
This is a play on the TOTAL in this game, and we're playing it UNDER the posted number, which should be no lower than 9 runs.

Posted : August 7, 2009 11:32 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

RatedPicks

Arizona Diamondbacks: +105 3 units
Diamondbacks / Nationals: Over 9 2 units
Houston Astros: -135 3 units
LA Dodgers: -1.5 (+170) 3 units
LA Dodgers: -140 4 units
LA Angels: -135 3 units

Posted : August 7, 2009 11:34 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Premier Cappers
Toronto RL +125 for 3 units
The home team has dominated this series with Toronto and Baltimore with 8 of 9 going to the home team. The Pitching match up in this game is Romero (10-4 3.53 ERA) vs. Berken (1-9 6.93 ERA). I have been fading this Berken rookie for a while now he has been pitching bad and losing his games by an average of 3.5 runs a game. Romero has been the opposite for Toronto. His team has won 8 out of his last 10 starts and the important factor they are winning by more than a 2 run average in his starts. Baltimore has struggled on the road this season being 17-37 away from home and with Baltimore being 1-11 in Berken’s starts I see this as a great spot for Toronto. Baltimore is 1-5 last 6 starts vs. a left handed pitcher. Baltimore is 3-14 in their last 17 game 1 of a series and being 17-50 against the AL East their last 67 games. Toronto has not been playing great ball either but they are coming 11-5 their last 16 as favorites of –150 to –200. Baltimore is hitting .221 on the road against left handed pitchers and I see them taking advantage of a poor road team in Baltimore.

Posted : August 7, 2009 11:34 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Wunderdog
St Louis at Pittsburgh
4 units UNDER 7
Milwaukee at Houston
3 units Houston -130
Tampa Bay at Seattle
4 units Seattle -125
Tampa Bay at Seattle
3 units Seattle -1.5 +175

Posted : August 7, 2009 11:45 am
(@biotrends)
Noble Member

Alfred Kelley

ST LOUIS CARDINALS ON THE MONEY LINE

Posted : August 7, 2009 11:49 am
(@biotrends)
Noble Member

Big Al McMordie

Division total of the month
Under 9 runs Phillies/Marlins

Posted : August 7, 2009 12:17 pm
(@biotrends)
Noble Member

Great Lake Sports

3 Unit Play
LA Angels with Joe Saunders -130

Posted : August 7, 2009 12:19 pm
(@biotrends)
Noble Member

Doc's Sports

4 Unit Play.
#918 New York (-1 ½ RL) +180 over Boston

Posted : August 7, 2009 12:25 pm
(@biotrends)
Noble Member

Robert Ferringo

2.5-Unit Play. Take #904 St. Louis (-1.5, -135) over Pittsburgh
2.5-Unit Play. Take #916 San Francisco (-1.5, -140) over Cincinnati
2.5-Unit Play. Take #924 Chicago White Sox (-1.5, +100) over Cleveland
2-Unit Play. N.Y. Yankees (-120) over Boston
1-Unit Play. Take #923 Detroit (-110) over Minnesota

Today's Totals
0.5-Unit Play. Take ‘Over’ 9.0 Oakland at Kansas City (8 p.m., Friday, Aug. 7)
0.5-Unit Play. Take ‘Over’ 9.5 Minnesota at Detroit (7 p.m., Friday, Aug. 7)
0.5-Unit Play. Take ‘Under’ 9.0 Boston at N.Y. Yankees (7 p.m., Friday, Aug. 7)

Posted : August 7, 2009 12:27 pm
Page 1 / 4
Share: