Clear all

Free Picks: Premium Service Plays for Friday August 7,2009

56 Posts
5 Users
0 Reactions
(@biotrends)
Noble Member

Craig Davis

100 DIME ---- GIANTS (With Lincecum) -1 1/2 RUN LINE over REDS (With Bailey)
Guys, I absolutely love today's play on the SF Giants to rout the Reds at home. You saw how strong my 30-dimer on the Yankees was last night, so just imagine what I expect the Giants to do to the Reds with Lincecum on the hill. This game could virtually be over by the 5th inning because I don't expect the Reds to score more than one run by the time this game reaches its latter stages. Tim Lincecum is, once again, on top of his game and gets an offense batting just .240 for the season. Shoot, when your best hitter is batting .267 (Brandon Phillips), you know you're in for a long night. The Reds don't hit the ball in the first place, but when they travel away from Cincinnati, they're even worse. So consider this... a team that doesn't hit the ball well in the first place goes on the road (where they hit 16 points worse) to face the defending NL Cy Young Award winner... a guy who has an ERA under 2 when pitching at AT&T Park.

I just don't smell a lot of offense from the Reds tonight, and considering that Cincy is one of the few teams that has yet to ever face Lincecum, it makes matters even worse. The first time Lincecum faces any team, he dominates them. There are only two teams from the NL remaining that Lincecum hasn't faced and one of them is Cincinnati. The other, according to my calculations, is Milwaukee... another team from the NL Central. And if you look at what Lincecum has done within that division, you'd be impressed. His career ERA vs. the Cubs is 2.55 in five starts, vs. the Cardinals it's 1.61 in four starts, vs. Houston it's 1.67 in five starts and vs. Pittsburgh it's 2.86 in three starts. I'd call that dominating a division, wouldn't you? Since the Reds don't hit the ball with a ton of power and their team average is well below the league average, I think it's safe to say Cincy is going to struggle scoring runs tonight.

Furthermore, Lincecum's ERA in August so far is 0.00 (based on his last start) and his career August ERA is 2.33. And one other startling factoid... Lincecum's ERA is 1.84 when pitching under the lights as opposed to 3.04 during the day... a full run (plus) better when pitching at night. This guy has been absolute "money" since the All Star break and I see no reason for him to slow down now. His last two outings (both at home) have seen him dominate for 17 straight innings, allowing no earned runs, 11 hits, 4 walks and 23 strikeouts. There's absolutely nothing anyone can say to me that would convince me the Reds have a chance of scoring more than a couple of runs tonight, if that.

So, do I have confidence enough in the Giants offense that they'll be able to win by at least two runs? You bet I do. Aside from the fact they hit better than Cincy and their team average is a respectable .275 at home, they have one guy (Pablo Sandoval) who could change the game all by himself. He leads the Giants in batting average (.334), home runs (17) and RBIs (67) and with one swing of the bat could put the Giants up by two or three runs. So, who does this Giants offense get to face? Does Cincy have a pitcher who is capable of shutting down this Giants offense tonight? To be honest, I don't think so.

The team ERA is a respectable 4.45, but the guy they are trotting out there tonight has been far from spectacular. Homer Bailey (2-3 7.02 ERA) has allowed 14 earned runs in his last three starts (15 innings) and hasn't really had a quality start since early July. The biggest problem for Bailey has been his road WHIP (1.98). For whatever reason, Bailey struggles to keep baserunners off the bases (nearly two per inning) and if that continues tonight, the Giants are going to score runs in bunches. Look at it this way... even if Bailey does put together a quality start tonight, the Giants will still get to him for a couple of runs and that should be more than enough for Lincecum.The Reds are just 9-26 in their last 35 games overall and have fallen on hard times, dropping to last place in the NL Central division. They are 3-13 in their last 16 games vs. teams from the NL West, 1-11 in their last 12 vs. a starter with a WHIP less than 1.15 and 5-17 in Bailey's last 22 starts. The Giants, meanwhile, are 19-7 in Lincecum's last 26 starts at home, 17-5 in their last 22 home games vs. a team with a losing record and 14-6 in their last 20 Friday night games. The writing is on the wall folks, as this one won't even be close. Take the Giants on the run line as my top play of the day.

Look at Craig Davis Record
How he did last 100 Dime Game
http://www.thespread.com/forum/index.php?topic=65166.0

Posted : August 7, 2009 12:51 pm
(@biotrends)
Noble Member

Chris Jordan

100♦ BLUE JAYS RUN LINE (WITH Romero and Berken)
100♦ ROYALS (WITH Bannister and Mazzaro) -
100♦ CUBS (WITH Zambrano) -

Number 3 Winning Service Chris Jordan
Record Listed
http://www.thespread.com/forum/index.php?topic=65166.0

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Real Bang for the Buck
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Since All Star Break
Won 6,000 Dimes
Lost 3,100 Dimes

Posted : August 7, 2009 12:59 pm
(@biotrends)
Noble Member

NorthCoast Sports
Big 5 Unit Play

MTI SPORTS
5 Units Yankees AJ Burnett - $1.17

4* Florida
4* Under T Bay
4* Under Cubs
3* Over Atl

Posted : August 7, 2009 1:08 pm
(@biotrends)
Noble Member

Matt Fargo's

**10** DIVISIONAL TOTAL OF THE YEAR *
10 Units Over 9.5 Runs Minnesota Twins/Detroit Tigers

Posted : August 7, 2009 1:11 pm
(@biotrends)
Noble Member

IndianCowboy

4 Unit Play. Take Under 9.5 between the Twins @ Tigers
Anthony Swarzak comes off his worst outing of the season and his career as he gave up four runs in a span on three innings to the Angels. He looks to bounce-back in an effort today on the road against the Tigers. The start was a bit expected as he had beat the Angels in the game before so it was a home and home that he was facing and that typically favors the team or the pitcher who did worse the first time out. Gallaraga comes off one of his worst starts of his career as well as he had given up 8 runs in less than 6 innings in his last start against Cleveland. The Tigers went on to lose the contest 1-11. Gallaraga did not have a good road trip to speak and has an ERA that is a full 1 point lower at home as compared to on the road. Given that Swarzak and Gallaraga are both on the bounce-back here, I look for this game to likely dip under this evening. The Under is 4-1 in Swarzak's last five starts as an Underdog and the Under is 5-1 in Gallaraga's last six starts Overall.

4 Unit Play. Take the Yankees -117 over the Redsox
We just can't be afraid. I tell that to myself more than I tell that for you. The Yankees have a pitcher who was shelled against Boston his last time out in Burnett. Plus, Burnett comes off an ugly start where he gave up 7 runs in less than 5 innings in a 4-14 loss to the Whitesox on the road. This guy has a lot of pride and prior to that had put together 8 straight consecutive quality starts. He comes off his worst start against the Redsox and his first career loss to the Redsox. Whereas Beckett comes off a shutout of the Orioles over seven innings and a defeat of the Yankees in his last go around, I like Burnett here on the bounce-back both from his last start and losing to the Redsox his last time out as well. The Yankees are 5-1 as a home favorite of late and the Redsox are 0-5 as Underdogs of late.

Good luck,
IC

Posted : August 7, 2009 1:14 pm
(@biotrends)
Noble Member

Fantasy Sports Gametime

100* Play Toronto (-165) over Baltimore (MLB TOP PLAY)
Baltimore has lost 13 of the last 17 games and they have also lost 23 of the last 28 games as an underdog of +150 or higher. Jason Berken has lost 9 of the last 10 games when the total posted is between 8.5 and 10 runs and he is also 0-4 in road games this season with an ERA of 9.53. Toronto has won 3 consecutive games vs. Baltimore at home and Ricky Romero has won 8 of the last 10 games coming off a team loss.

100* Play Philadelphia (-145) over Florida (MLB TOP PLAY)
Florida has lost 4 of the last 5 games and they have also lost 7 of the last 9 games vs. Philadelphia. Florida has lost 16 of the last 24 games as an underdog of +125 to +175 and Ricky Nolasco has an ERA of 6.17 in road games this season. Joe Blanton has won 4 of the last 5 games as a favorite of -150 or higher and he is 3-0 vs. Florida over his career with an ERA of 3.18.

50* Play Kansas City (-125) over Oakland (MLB BONUS PLAY)
Oakland has lost 20 of the last 29 games as a road underdog of +100 to +150 and they have also lost 12 of the last 16 games when playing on a Friday. Vin Mazzaro has lost 7 of the last 9 games as an underdog of +100 to +150 and he is also 0-2 over the last 3 starts with an ERA of 11.15. Brian Bannister has won 3 of the last 4 home games when the line is between -100 to -150 and he also has an ERA of 3.59 in all starts this season.

50* Play Seattle (-125) over Tampa Bay (MLB BONUS PLAY)
Felix Hernandez has won 16 of the last 21 games when the total posted is between 7 and 8.5 runs and he has also won 11 of the last 15 games when pitching on a Friday. Felix Hernandez has won 10 of the last 13 games in the month of August and he is also 12-4 in all starts this season with an ERA of 2.78.

WNBA HOOPS
50* Play Connecticut (+1)
over Minnesota (WNBA Hoops Play)
Connecticut has covered the spread in 8 of the last 9 road games when playing on a Friday and they have also covered the spread in 19 of the last 28 road games as an underdog of 6 points or less. Minnesota has lost 5 of the last 6 games and they have also lost 12 of the last 16 games when playing on a Friday.

CFL FOOTBALL
50* Play Montreal (-13.5)
over Toronto (CFL Football Play)
Montreal has won 50 of the last 59 games as a home favorite of 7.5 to 14 points and they are averaging over 35 points a game on offense at home this season. Toronto has lost 17 of the last 23 games as an underdog and they are only averaging 19 points a game on offense in road games this season

Posted : August 7, 2009 1:18 pm
(@biotrends)
Noble Member

Allen Eastman

2-Unit Play.
Take ‘Under’ 9.0 Boston at New York Yankees

Posted : August 7, 2009 1:21 pm
(@biotrends)
Noble Member

Tim Trushel

20* Featured Play:
Kansas City -125 (926)

Posted : August 7, 2009 1:24 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Power Play Wins
FOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVlCE PLAYS VlSlT THESPREAD.COM
Arizona Diamondbacks -109

Posted : August 7, 2009 1:51 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bob Balfe
FOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVlCE PLAYS VlSlT THESPREAD.COM
LA Angels -130

Posted : August 7, 2009 1:53 pm
(@biotrends)
Noble Member

Tony Salinas

26* Ny Yankees {A.Burnett} (-120) over Redsox {J.Beckett}
25* Padres {K.Correia} (-140) over Ny Mets {O.Perez}
24* Braves {J.Jurrjens}/Dodgers {C.Billingsley} UNDER 7½ Runs

Posted : August 7, 2009 2:09 pm
(@biotrends)
Noble Member

Marc Lawrence

MLB Fan Appreciation Play!
Rockies

To All the Readers
We Need Your Prayers
Blade has lost the Faith
" Very Few Premium Plays in Pre Season."

48 Hours Away From Kick Off

Look What I Found. ( this is Big )

Marc Lawrence
NFL Pre-Season 12-0 Perfect Play! - Sunday

Perfect Play
Remember What I Said
Pre Season NfL Game of the Year
Redskins - 7
Got the Write up
Redskins Scored 3 Points in the entire Game.
Don't make a move on Saturday's NFL pre-season lidlifter between the Bills and Titans until you learn of an amazing Awesome Angle inside the game that has never lost the money in pre-season games, going 12-0 forever. Get it now from Marc Lawrence, the No. 1 documented NFL handicapper at Sports Watch last season, now - you'll be glad you did!

Buy this Now !!!
You.
$25.00

Your Still sitting on the Sofa.
You Buy this Now.
I think the Reader is Asleep.

Posted : August 7, 2009 2:28 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

JACK JONES

15* Orioles/Blue Jays OVER 9

This game could get ugly fast with a couple of volatile pitchers on the mound. It all starts with Jason Berken, who has been a mess for the Baltimore Orioles. Berken is 1-9 with a 6.93 ERA on the year, but has a 9.53 ERA and 1.85 WHIP in 5 road starts and a 8.78 ERA and 1.95 WHIP over his last three starts. Blue Jays starter, Ricky Romero has been better than Berken, but he has a 4.91 ERA and 1.69 WHIP over his last 3 starts. The Orioles average 4.6 runs per game, while Toronto is posting 4.9 runs per game. With these two starters you can expect at least one of these teams to go over their season average.

Posted : August 7, 2009 2:54 pm
(@biotrends)
Noble Member

C-Stars Sports

1000 Units Boston +110 over NY Yankees

Posted : August 7, 2009 4:31 pm
(@biotrends)
Noble Member

WINSPORTSNOW

Parlay Club Report
Over 9 Bluejays
Angels-135