0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Premier Cappers
FOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVlCE PLAYS VlSlT THESPREAD.COM
Oakland and Seattle Over 8.5 for 3 units
The pitching match up in this game is Snell vs. Mazzaro and with both of these pitchers being very inconsistent this year I see this as a good spot for an over in this game. Snell in his 4 games for Seattle he has had two terrible games at home and two good games on the road. He is back in Seattle today and I hope his control problems continue. Mazzaro is due for a let down game with him pitching good over his last 3 games with 2 of those games still going over the total and 5 out of his last 6 overall have gone over the total. The Over is 5-2 in their last 7 meetings in Seattle. The A’s are on a 8-2 run to the Over in away games and 10-2 to the over their last 12 against right handed starters. The only negative thing about this play is both offenses have been inconsistent all year and I just see this line being to low in this game with the starting pitching.

Posted : August 24, 2009 4:12 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

ASA
3* Oakland As

Posted : August 24, 2009 4:12 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Insider Sports Report
4* Cleveland Indians
3* Baltimore Ravens -3

Posted : August 24, 2009 4:14 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Lenny Del Genio
LA Angels

Tony George
Baltimore Ravens

Nick "BookieKiller" Parsons
NY Jets

Evan Altemus
Baltimore Ravens

Marc Lawrence
NY Jets

Rob Homyak
LA Angels

Stephen Nover
Baltimore Ravens

Posted : August 24, 2009 5:12 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Pointwise Phones
2* Baltimore -3

Posted : August 24, 2009 5:13 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Savannah Sports

3* Baltimore -3
3* Baltimore Over 33

Eric Degarde

3* Colorado -162
3* Detroit +115
3* Kansas City -102

Posted : August 24, 2009 5:14 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jack Jones

20* No-Brainer New York Jets +3

Posted : August 24, 2009 5:15 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Street Rosenthal

*300 Los Angeles Angels -127

I am going with the Angels to get the Win tonight. I have a nice starter trend against the Tigers starter Justin Verlander that says he is 0-8 SU when he is a dog less than 135 and in his last start he pitches less than 3 innings. I also have the Angels as 12-0 SU Since 2006 as a favorite after a loss in which they had 12+ hits. Take the Angels for the Win.

*200 New York Jets +3

Sanchez will open as the Jets QB against the Ravens tonight. Clemens is still battling for the starting position as well. Expect to see more of Sanchez and Clemens with the starting job effectively on the line Monday night. The Jets also got a strong performance from third-stringer Erik Ainge in their loss to the Rams. Ainge was 10-of-17 for 148 yards with a TD. Sanchez came into the 23-20 loss with 28 seconds left in the first quarter, and threw a 48-yard pass to David Clowney on his opening play. He completed three of four passes for 88 yards in one series. Clemens, entering his fourth season, was 4 of 4 for 24 yards. This is a strong QB battle with an impressive 3rd stringer for a QB. The Ravens won easily in their first outing and have acquired a number of injuries.

The majority of the wagers coming in on this game are for the Ravens, 68% of them. The line has remained flat, however the juice tell us a diferent story. The books are asking for money on the Ravens tonight. We will fade the public and take the side of vegas in this one. Place your wager on the Jets and feel comfortable with it.

*200 Toronto Blue Jays -131

I am taking the Blue Jays for the Home Win tonight. I have a nice starter trend on Roy Halladay that says he is 12-2 SU when at home and line less than -150 and his opponent scored less than 6 runs in their previous game. I also have the Blue Jays as 26-7 SU, since 2006 as a home favorite after a win in which they left 18+ men on base. Finally, I have the Rays as 22-62 SU since 2006 on the road after a loss in which they had a higher team left on base than their opponent. Take the Blue Jays for the Win.

*200 Cleveland Indians -110

I am taking the Indians for the win tonight. I have several trends in favor of a SU Indians win that total 40-8 and several trends against the Royals that total 9-54 SU. I also have the Indians as 12-2 SU since 2007 vs a team that has lost at least their last three games and it isthe first game of a series. Finally, I have the Royals as 1-13 SU since 2007 at home after a loss in which they did not draw a walk. Take the Indians for the win.

Posted : August 24, 2009 5:16 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Seabass

200* NY Jets

Posted : August 24, 2009 5:17 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

BIG AL

NY Jets

Posted : August 24, 2009 5:17 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Wayne Root

Chairman - Ravens

Millionaire - Bluejays

Posted : August 24, 2009 5:18 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

NORTHCOAST

2* NY Jets

Posted : August 24, 2009 5:18 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

KBHoops
5* Boston OVER 10 **POD**
4* Angels -127
4* Indians -110
3* Blue Jays -131
3* Giants +154

Posted : August 24, 2009 5:20 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Mike Neri Sports
3* NY Jets

Posted : August 24, 2009 5:24 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

O.C. Dooley
Pick: Tigers +115 2 Units
This is one of those rare situations where the home team is actually in a more negative scheduling situation as opposed to the visitor. Yesterday the Angels wrapped up a lengthy road swing in the eastern time zone (Toronto) and were forced to travel cross country with no rest. On the other hand Detroit has been out on the west coast all weekend as they were facing the A’s in Oakland and did not have to travel all that far to Anaheim. I will admit that the Tigers have had problems on the road (25-38) all year long and just lost a series against a last place team, but they are bolstered this evening with their ACE pitcher on the mound. Justin Verlander is on pace to finish the season with 250 STRIKEOUTS and has led all of baseball in that category for most of this campaign. What I like most about Verlander (13 wins) is that he is an effective “innings eater” who normally gives the bullpen a break. It is hard to believe Verlander has lost 2 of the past 3 outings when considering his excellent ERA (2.70) spanning the most recent eight trips to the mound. It is obvious that he has received very little run support from his offense, but that may change tonight as Angel starter Jered Weaver has had major problems (7.08 ERA) when facing the Tigers lineup. When considering that the Halos currently lead the majors in batting average and runs scored, it is imperative that Detroit gets a solid pitching effort and that should be delivered this evening by their #1 arm. Odds are that the Tigers will have problems tomorrow when John Lackey aims for victory #100 in an Angels uniform. On the mound tomorrow for Detroit is the recently acquired veteran Jarrod Washburn whose ERA in Motown (6.04) has been a disaster. Not only do the Tigers have their ace on the mound tonight, they have played very competitive against the two top teams from the American League West including an outstanding 7-2 mark against second-place Texas. Going into tonight the Tigers are batting .500 for the season (3-3) against the Angels and can now take the lead in the series. Jim Leyland’s troops are catching the Angels at the right time as the top team from the AL West has actually lost 3 of the past 4 outings. Yesterday the Halos offense pounded out 13 hits but stranded 11 runners on base in a defeat. I am aware that Jered Weaver has been lights out in front of the home fans this season with an 8-1 record, but he also has been inconsistent of late. Even though the Detroit offense statistically is near the bottom of the junior circuit, the pitching staff has been effective enough to keep the team #1 in the American League Central divisional chase. Entering yesterday the various starting pitchers on the Detroit staff had posted a positive 3-1 record along with an excellent ERA (2.90) in the past nine outings which makes them a dangerous underdog this evening. My database research indicates that in the past five years small underdogs like Detroit of 150-or-less have actually WON at a 56% clip (131-104) with a hot starting pitcher whose WHIP is 1.110 or better in his last 10 appearances. In the past week the high-octane Angels offense has averaged a full run LESS than their normal season mark and the batters overall have compiled just a .259 batting average. When the Angels are not scoring runs in droves, they have been a beatable team due to the fact that both the starting rotation and bullpen have been shaky

Posted : August 24, 2009 5:25 pm
Page 3 / 4
Share: