See who was the Big Winner Sunday $$$$
http://www.thespread.com/forum/index.php?topic=65091.0

Posted : August 3, 2009 12:16 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

The Duke's Sports

Atlanta -105 1.5 Units

Braves/Padres 10:05: We like the Braves resiliency (8-1 following a loss) and their dominance in this series (18-5). The Braves are 6-0 after allowing 5+ runs in previous game, 8-0 after scoring 2 or less in previous game, and 8-2 in their last 10 in SD. And although the Braves' bats are colling down, the bullpen is maintaining strength (3.49 ERA last 10). SD's Latos has been strong but he has been untested and could struggle in this spot. SD is 3-15 in game 1 of a series following a loss. We'll look for Kawakami to hold off the heating up bats of SD.

Posted : August 3, 2009 1:08 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

C-Stars Sports

1000 Units Pittsburgh over Washington

Posted : August 3, 2009 1:09 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Scott Spreitzer

4* Pitt
3* Cubs
3* Under Milw.

Posted : August 3, 2009 1:25 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Tony Salinas

22* Pirates (-145) over Nationals

26* Chicago Cubs (-135) over Reds

23* Padres (+100) over Braves

25* Diamondbacks/Ny Mets UNDER 7½ Runs

Posted : August 3, 2009 1:26 pm
(@biotrends)
Noble Member

Smart Money

#603 New York OVER (WNBA).

Posted : August 3, 2009 1:31 pm
(@biotrends)
Noble Member

SAM CLAYTON

30 dime - Cubs

Losing a game the way Kevin Gregg and the Cubs did last night is a swift kick to the teeth. Those dramatic, last inning losses are bitter and they warrant revenge -- and the North Siders will be fired up to come out tonight and kick some Cincinnati ass. Knowing full well that a victory places the Cubs in a first place tie with the hated Cardinals, you have to believe Lou Piniella's bunch will be determined and the offense will be amped to put runs on the board to try and prevent a close game for the bullpen. Sometimes, it's losses like Sunday's that prove what your team is all about. I'm extremely confident that the Cubs will bounce back strong and take care of business. Chicago is 8-3 their last 11 games and they've beaten the Reds 6 of 9 games so far this season, including a three-game sweep July 24-26. Cincinnati is mirrored in its worst slump of the season having dropped 12 of their last 13 games. These two ball clubs are going in completely different directions what with the Cubbies playing for first place and Cincinnati wallowing in the cellar of the division. The Cubs will have an added boost offensively as Fukudome, Bradley and Ramirez (all who DNP Sunday) will be in the lineup, fresh and rested for tonight's game. Lucky for the Cubs, they face a struggling pitcher that has had a mediocre past against them. Aaron Harang (9-7, 4.61 lifetime vs. Chicago) is fresh off an atrocious July, where he posted a 0-4 record with a 6.00 ERA. Since the All-Star break, Harang is 0-3 with a 6.30 marker and a 1.60 WHIP. The right-hander hasn't won a start since May 25 and the Reds have lost 6 of the last 8 times he's taken the mound. Randy Wells gets the call for the Cubs and he's been taking care of business all year long. Wells is 3-1 with a 2.62 ERA on the highway this season and he's undefeated (3-0, 3.32) in the second half.

In this divisional mismatch, we're siding with the hotter team, hotter pitcher and better offense. Play the Cubs as your Monday top play and fifth 30 dime winner in five chances.

Posted : August 3, 2009 1:50 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Eddie Roman

$10,000 MLB Near Even Money Lock of the Week
SAN DIEGO PADRES +100 W/ MATOS over ATLANTA W/ KAWAKAMI

When I released this play early in the morning, San Diego was +115, even +120 in some places. As of 1:30 pm est the line has moved dramatically and now they are +100 to -105 so I apologize to all for naming this my underdog of the month, however, I cannot control line shifts of this magnitude. It's also why I changed the name of the game because I didn't want to hear anyone crying that I stiffed them.

And as for the line shift, it's probably right because they valued Atlanta way to high today. Here's a team that played the late ESPN game last night, a game which didn't end until 11:30 pm est and then they had to catch a charter for a 5 to 6 hour flight to the West Coast without the benefit of a day off plus they have to deal with Jet Lag.

Matos has been very good for the Padres and the Braves aren't familiar with this kids stuff so they could struggle against him tonight. It's not like Atlanta is a good hitting team to begin with them coming off a 3 game series in which they had just 18 hits.

I haven't like Kawakami all year long and on the road he has had some struggles as he sports a 5.70 ERA on the highway as opposed to a 3.28 ERA at home. Look for him to struggle tonight against a San Diego team that is coming around. I did go against them yesterday as I used Milwaukee but going into that game Sunday they had won 5 straight. In this spot, I think San Diego is a great play.

$5000 AL West Game of the Week
OAKLAND A'S -120 W/ ANDERSON over TEXAS W/ NIPPERT

Oakland is a team that is 15 games worse then Texas is and this pitching match-up today isn't a huge advantage because the last time Texas saw Anderson they lit him up, yet, despite this Oakland is -120 today. Sounds like a dead giveaway to me. Oakland has to be the right side of this game as I expect Texas to struggle with the loss of Kinsler. Sometimes things are unexplainable and sometimes we have to listen to the oddsmakers, as crazy as it seems. They tell me Oakland should win this game tonight, I'm going to listen. Oakland is my secondary play.

Posted : August 3, 2009 2:16 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Sports Odds And Picks

LA DODGERS -1.5

Posted : August 3, 2009 2:17 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bob Balfe
FOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVlCE PLAYS VlSlT THESPREAD.COM
Reds +115 over Cubs

Posted : August 3, 2009 2:21 pm
(@biotrends)
Noble Member

RatedPicks

Houston Astros under 8 ( 3 units )
Tampa Bay Devil Rays pts: -1.5 (+160) 3 units
Tampa Bay Devil Rays pts: -135 5 units
altimore Orioles pts: +270 2 units

Posted : August 3, 2009 2:45 pm
(@biotrends)
Noble Member

Matt Rivers

100,000* MONSTER LOCK Your winner here is on the Braves!

Sure San Diego has been a lot better of late as we saw in that recent five game winning streak but if you think for a second that the weak as heck hitting Padres are a legitimate team that can truly compete with Bobby Cox' Braves than you are crazy!Adrian Gonzalez certainly is a baller but there still isn't much else there. The Padres have unknown guys that are seriously Minor league talent right now. When compared to McLouth, Chipper, McCann and the visiting Bravos it is no contest at all. No the Braves are not going to win the World Series and probably won't win the Wild Card but they are a pretty solid squad right now with a bullpen that is no joke. Moylan, Gonzalez and Soriano all could be closers and have that 7th, 8th and 9th inning fully covered.The Padres just traded away Jake Peavy and also almost unloaded Gonzalez and closer Heath Bell as well. This team is not a big league club right now, they're just not. If they start the season now and play the full 162 game schedule they would lose 100 plus game for sure. The recent streak is not a sign of things to come as they beat an ice cold Cincinnati team that has been awful for awhile now and then had one great comeback on Friday night which every team has a few times a season.PETCO is a tough park to score runs which ill help this decent but far from good young kid in Mat Latos. But it also will be friendly to a solid enough Kenshin Kawakami.In the end look for your typical 5-2 type of a game at this ballpark where the Braves are just overall too well balanced and stout.

Posted : August 3, 2009 2:50 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Dave Malinsky

6* Dodgers R/L
4* Giants

Posted : August 3, 2009 3:14 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

TONY BRUNO WINS