Free Picks: Premium Service Plays for Monday July 27,2009

50 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
(@biotrends)
Noble Member

Charlie Sports

mlb. dodgers @ cards under 7' runs
pirates @ giants under 7' runs ( 500* 2 team parlay ).

mlb. cubs-150 (30*)
mlb. toronto @ seattle under 7' runs (20*)
mlb. kansas city+145 (20*)
mlb. twins-140 (10*)

mlb. texas-140 (10*) free play

Posted : July 27, 2009 5:00 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Chris James Sports

2* White Sox/Twins Over 9

Posted : July 27, 2009 5:03 pm
(@biotrends)
Noble Member

Scott Delaney

15-Dime Angels -1' Runs (no pitchers specifically, take whomever is going) - Cleveland is playing its seventh road game in as many days after spending time in Toronto and Seattle before hitting Southern Cal. The Tribe might be riding a four-game win streak, but continuing that run against the Angels is something tough to ask of a Cleveland team that has the second-worst record in the American League.I know the Angels come in after getting thumped, 10-1, yesterday by the Twins, but they’re still dangerous team that averaged 7.75 runs over an eight-game win streak prior to the loss. Not going to list either pitcher here guys, as I don’t care who goes, I just believe the Angels had a flat day at the park yesterday and will get back to business tonight against a weary Cleveland team.

Posted : July 27, 2009 5:11 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

MR EAST
FOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVICE PLAYS VISIT THESPREAD.COM
HOUSTON ASTROS @ CHICAGO CUBS
PLAY: HOUSTON +140 FOR 3 UNITS
The Houston Astros have Wandy Rodriguez on the hill against the Cubs. Rodriguez has had a breakout season, and is pitching the best baseball of his career right now. Rodriguez has led the Astros to a 14-6 mark in his 20 starts, and over his last 4 starts has been nearly untouchable with a 0.62 ERA, and the Astros have won each of his last 6 starts, and he has allowed 2 runs or less in 70% of his starts on the season. The Cubs Carlos Zambrano is having another good season as well, but they are just 4-9 in his last 13 starts as a favorite of -110- to -150. The Astros have been coming up big after a loss, as they are now 15-5 in their last 20 after a setback. I'm going with the Astros in this one.

Posted : July 27, 2009 5:18 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Lenny Del Genio
PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES

Marc Lawrence
COLORADO ROCKIES

Nick Parsons
Royals/Orioles Under

Opposite Action Plays
TEXAS RANGERS

Ron Raymond
MINNESOTA TWINS

Stephen Nover
TORONTO BLUE JAYS

Posted : July 27, 2009 5:18 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Russ Laribee
FOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVlCE PLAYS VlSlT THESPREAD.COM
Tigers at Rangers
Pick: Rangers -130
The Texas Rangers have a gem in Tommy Hunter, who has solidified a rotation that was certainly in need. Hunter has delivered a 2.17 ERA in his 5 starts for the Rangers, and seems to be getting better as he has allowed a total of 2 runs in his last 3, pitching to a 1.04 ERA. He will be opposed by the Tigers Armando Galarraga, who has pitched better, but the Tigers are still 5-10 in his last 15 starts. The Tigers have been as good as anyone at home, but on the road have been a less than average team at 21-29, and overall, the Tigers have been just 28-60 in their last 88 in the role of an underdog. Rangers cashing in at 21-9 in their last 30 at home vs a team with a losing road record, and I'm going with Texas here.

Posted : July 27, 2009 5:19 pm
(@biotrends)
Noble Member

KBHoops

5* Texas UNDER 9.5 **POD**
5* Tampa Bay UNDER 8.5
5* St. Louis OVER 7.5
5* Cubs UNDER 8.5
5* San Francisco OVER 7

Posted : July 27, 2009 5:19 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Teddy Covers
White Sox/Twins over

Posted : July 27, 2009 5:20 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Street Rosenthal
*200 Arizona Diamodbacks +100
After the Diamondbacks impressive showing yesterday, I think they will perform well again today. Plus, the public seems to be betting on the Phillies, so we are going to bet against them tonight. I have also found Trends in favor of a Diamondbacks win totaling 27-2 SU and trends against the Phillies totaling 11-25 SU. Take the Home Dog for the Win tonight.

Posted : July 27, 2009 5:22 pm
(@biotrends)
Noble Member

Jake Timlin

400♦ San Francisco Giants (Lincecum) -1 ½ Runs over Pittsburgh (Maholm)

Take the Giants minus the Run Line at home tonight.

Happy to be back on the bay where they are an NL best 31-15 I love the Giants to blast the Pirates tonight. Leading the way for San Francisco will be Lincecum who has dominated at home this year posting a 5-1 record with an ERA of 2.44. Meanwhile, for the Pirates they come into tonight’s game with the league worst offense and having not scored a run in their last two games. Mix that in with Maholm’s 5.77 ERA on the road this season and tonight is going to be tough for the Pirates. Simple, with Lincecum pitching at home where the Giants are next to unbeatable I am expecting a lopsided game on the bay tonight.
All San Francisco -1 ½ runs!

Posted : July 27, 2009 5:23 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Seabass

50 Minn
50 Over SD
30 Und Oak
30 Und Balt
20 Hou

Posted : July 27, 2009 5:27 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Drew Gordon

200,000♦ Diamondbacks

1. Diamondbacks- Let's make a couple things clear here: Yes, the Phillies offense is red-hot, coming off back-to-back games where they destroyed the Cardinals in their last series. HOWEVER, do not sleep on this Diamondbacks offense either, as they've caught fire as well, scoring 30 runs on 47 hits in their 4-game series with the Pirates! This contest comes down to which pitcher can slow down the opposing offense, and the answer is clear...

Loving Garland at home in this contest, as he's pitched extremely well in July, tossing 5 straight quality starts, posting a 2.73 ERA in the process! True, his record over that span is just 1-2, but that was due to lack of run support more than anything else. With the Diamondbacks finally starting to produce, I say Garland finally gets rewarded tonight, for what has been a stellar month on the mound. Also of note, critics of this play will argue that he's 0-1 with a 9.90 ERA in 2 career starts against the Phillies, BUT he hasn't faced them since 2004, so you can throw that stat out the window!

Opposing Garland is the Phillies veteran Jamie Moyer... If I can use one word to describe his season, it would be: inconsistent. Forget about the 7 scoreless innings he tossed against Florida, because he ALWAYS beats Florida, what's more important are the pathetic efforts he gave before and after that start, getting roughed up by the Reds sub-par offense, and then once again by the ho-hum Cubs offense in his last one. Arizona's hitters are seeing the ball better than either one of those teams right now, so the soft-throwing lefty could find himself in REAL trouble tonight on the road. Note, Arizona is batting .302 against lefties over their last 10 games!

Finally, there's no question the Phillies are road warriors (29-15 away), but rest-assured, the D-Backs are no pushovers at Chase Field (lately), where they've won 8 of their L11 games, including crushing the Pirates in 3 of their L4 games there. People who know Arizona, know that they produce a hell of a lot better at home, and with all the hoopla surrounding the Phillies right now (Halladay trade and all), this is a prime spot to go against the public and go grab some of that plus money. Don't be fooled by Garland's record over his L5 starts (1-2), because he's pitched well enough to win ALL 5 games! In the end, the Diamondbacks circle the wagons at home, as Garland easily outpitches Moyer in this contest.

Take the Diamondbacks behind Garland over the Phillies and Moyer as your top-rated play of the day.

Posted : July 27, 2009 5:31 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Craig Davis

20 Dime ---- RANGERS (With Hunter as listed pitcher)

10 Dime ---- REDS (With Geer and Bailey as listed pitchers)

RANGERS --- I'm not here to over-analyze this game because I think it's quite simple. Texas is way overdue for a win against Detroit, the starting pitching matchup favors the Rangers, and I just don't trust the Tigers on the road. Those three factors (combined with Detroit's inept bullpen) makes me realize the Texas Rangers are clearly the right play here today.

Texas starter Tommy Hunter hasn't been used as much as he should be, but when given the chance to perform he has done nothing but shine. In five starts this year, Hunter hasn't allowed more than 3 earned runs in any game, stifling teams like Boston, Tampa Bay and Seattle along the way. His last three starts have been stellar, allowing just two earned runs in 17 1/3 innings of work, beating the Red Sox and Rays in the process. It doesn't seem to matter if he's pitching at home or on the road, Hunter has given the Rangers a ton of quality innings and could be a permanent fixture in the Rangers rotation with a solid performance today.

For Detroit, they limp into another road game, having dropped five straight games on the road (and 9 of their last 12). Armando Galarraga toes the rubber for the Kitties this evening, having pitched much better at home than on the road. The problem is, he's pitching at the Ballpark In Arlington, which is already known as a hitter's haven to begin with. Galarraga's ERA on the road is 5.24, his WHIP is 1.68 and his K to BB ratio is barely over 1:1 (26 walks in 44 innings).

I realize the Tigers have owned the Rangers this year (winning all six games), but those games were ALL played in Detroit where the Tigers dominate. On the road (in Texas where the Rangers dominate) it will be a different story. Texas takes care of business from the opening minutes and cruises to an easy win.

REDS --- Very simple bonus play in my opinion. The Padres are absolutely HORRIBLE on the road (14-35); they don't score many runs, their pitchers allow too many runs, and they just don't play a lick of defense anymore. It's as if they realize they have no shot at the playoffs, so they've already packed it in for the season. I guess no one really cares if they have a job next season or not. The Reds, on the other hand, are still fighting for their playoff lives. If they were in any other division, there would be literally no chance for them to make the post-season... but in the dismal NL Central, any one of five teams still has a legitimate shot. The Reds know this and will continue to work to get over .500 while challenging for the division crown.

Home Bailey faces Josh Geer in a battle of pitchers who just haven't figured it out yet. I realize Bailey is a tough pitcher to back, but Geer is equally as bad... especially on the road. He's won just one game all season (1-6) and has an ERA of 9.00 vs. the Reds in his one appearance against them. On the road, Geer's ERA is a paltry 7.15 and he has yet to win a single game away from San Diego. With the Reds scoring nearly two runs more per game at home than on the road, it doesn't bode well for Geer this evening. The Padres are 0-9 in Geer's last 9 road starts as the underdog and 2-10 in their last 12 when their opponent scored two runs (or less) in their previous game. Cincy bats are just itching to explode, and they'll definitely get the chance to do so against the young righty tonight. Bonus play of the day on Cincinnati over San Diego.

Posted : July 27, 2009 5:33 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Matt Fargo

9* N.L. RUNLINE DOMINATOR 100% YTD

9* Milwaukee Brewers -1.5 Runs

Posted : July 27, 2009 5:52 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

BIG AL

RED-HOT (12-2 RUN) MONDAY TOTALS WINNER.

Astros / Cubs Under

Posted : July 27, 2009 5:53 pm
Page 3 / 4
Share: