68 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

INDIAN COWBOY

1 Unit Play. Take Over 34.5 Baltimore Ravens @ Carolina Panthers

I have been tapping the Carolina over for some time dating as far back as last season. This team is 8-2 to the over dating back to last season and the over is 2-0 in the early part of this year's preseason. Carolina comes off back to back losses to the Giants and Dolphins on the road and I suspect they will look to get the home opener on the right foot. Tack that on with the fact the Ravens have had no problem finding offense as they have scored 23 and 24 points thus far this year, I suspect this game has a solid chance of find itself over the posted total. I look for this game to reach at least 37.

Posted : August 29, 2009 12:22 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

GOLD MEDAL CLUB

Buffalo +6
Giants -3
Dallas -6.5
San Diego ML
All 18 K

Giants/Jets Over 36.5 24 K

Posted : August 29, 2009 7:01 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

SportsOddsAndPicks

KANSAS CITY -2.5 over Seattle

RED SOX -1.5 RUNS (+120) over Toronto

Posted : August 29, 2009 7:33 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Vegas Sports ExpertsFOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVlCE PLAYS VlSlT THESPREAD.COMFOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVlCE PLAYS VlSlT THESPREAD.COM
10* Take NY Jets (+3.5) over NY Giants (NFL Power Play)
FOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVlCE PLAYS VlSlT THESPREAD.COM
New York JetsFOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVlCE PLAYS VlSlT THESPREAD.COM
• 22-10 ATS in pre-season vs. NFC East Division Opponents
• 22-7 ATS when playing in the last two weeks of the pre-season
• 5-1 ATS in pre-season coming off a loss by 3 points or less

5* Take New Orleans (-2.5) over Oakland (NFL Bonus Play)FOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVlCE PLAYS VlSlT THESPREAD.COM
New OrleansFOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVlCE PLAYS VlSlT THESPREAD.COM
• 5-0 SU & ATS in pre-season road games the last 3 years
• 3-1 SU & ATS when playing in the last two weeks of the pre-season
• 3-0 SU in pre-season coming off an OVER the total

Posted : August 29, 2009 8:12 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Triple Threat Sports
Steelers vs Bills
Play: 2* Under
The Bills have gone Over the total in three preseason games so far, and that has inflated this line. However, most of the damage the Bills have done on offense has come with reserves, as the first team offense has managed just one FG on nine drives! Here the Bills' starters are playing into the 3Q and facing an excellent Steeler defnese that is also playing into the 3Q, so we are not looking for any Buffalo fireworks here. The Steelers are very likely giving all kicking duties to a rookie tonite in an effort to keep Jeff Reed healthy, and finally note that the Steelers are 2-11 to the Under in the preseason for Mike Tomlin.

Posted : August 29, 2009 8:32 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Doc's Sports

1 Unit Play. Take New Orleans -2 over Oakland

Have to admit that we are kicking ourselves for getting off of the Saints last week after we used them for our top play in Week 1. After trailing a solid Texans team last week 7-0, New Orleans dominated outscoring them 38-7. If they can do that to the Texans in Houston, they can certainly win on the road in Oakland to go 3-0. There strategy for success is simple, a new defense coordinator that likes to blitz and a solid rotation of quarterbacks.Drew Brees, Mark Brunell, and Joey Harrington all of significant starting experience and the latter two should be able to pick apart a weak Raiders squad. The Raiders are still a mess and with their coaching issues yet to be resolved, expect them to struggle yet again in 2009. JaMarcus Russell has yet to impress me much and with him likely playing into the third quarter in this game, the Saints will win this game with ease.

Posted : August 29, 2009 9:21 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Craig Davis

75 DIME - PHILLIES (With Lee) -1 1/2 RUN LINE over BRAVES (With Lowe)

10 DIME - RAVENS MONEYLINE

PHILLIES (with Lee) -1 1/2 runs over BRAVES (with Lowe) --- Look, I'm going to get right to the point. This selection is 100% about Cliff Lee. Not only what he's done since coming to Philly (5-0, 0.68 ERA), but what he's been doing since early July when he was still with Cleveland. There are so many things that impress me about Lee, but I think the biggest thing that has caught my eye was the fact that this guy was coming off a career year, everyone predicted he'd come back to earth, he starts the season and looks atrocious, but didn't let it get to him and now has become one of the most dominant pitchers in the game. Lee hasn't allowed more than two earned runs in a game since July 26th and he's only done that once since the first week in July. Five times since July 16th he's allowed only one earned run and he hasn't surrendered a single earned run in his last two starts (16 IP).

Lee has been so good since early July that he's won 8 consecutive starts, and seven of those weren't really even close. When you can throw a guy like Lee out there and know he's going to limit the opponent to two runs or less, you realize that all you have to do is scratch a few runs across yourself to get the team another win. Think about where the pressure goes... to the opponent. The Philly bats have given Lee plenty of run support since he's come over from the American League, scoring 6, 8, 6, 3, and 5 runs in his five Philly starts, and you'll also like to know that none of those games was a one-run win. Each Lee start with Philly has resulted in a win of two runs or more which is exactly what we need tonight. Lee also gives the bullpen a rest and puts my mind at ease (don't want to see Lidge), going nine full innings two times in five starts with Philadelphia and four times since mid-July. When you can get a guy to go that long on a consistent basis and pitch as well as Lee has pitched, it gives the rest of the team an unbelieveable confidence. Lee has seen the Braves just once in his career, tossing seven innings of 6-hit ball, allowing just two earned runs and striking out 7 and walking none. Needless to say, he won and I expect the same today.

The Braves will send out Derek Lowe (12-8, 4.48 ERA), and although he has had some success vs. the Phillies in his career, you can't help but notice his numbers of late... 1-1, 7.47 ERA over his last three starts. Granted, one really bad outing vs. the Mets inflated that ERA a little, but color me unimpressed with his pitching mechanics lately, not to mention the fact he's been lucky to get past the 6th inning. The Braves have dropped 6 of their last 8 road games when Lowe starts on the bump, and just 1-4 in his last 5 road starts when the total is below 8.5. Philly, on the other hand, is 5-0 in Lee's five starts as a Philly and 11-2 in their last 13 during Game 2 of a series. The writing is on the wall, and after scoring just four runs last night I expect the Phils to bring out the whoopin' sticks at home this evening. Philly wins by at least 4 tonight.

BALTIMORE RAVENS MONEYLINE --- The Panthers may very well win the NFC South again this year, but right now this team is in shambles and I doubt they score more than 14 points vs. the Ravens defense tonight. The Panthers have some injury concerns on the offensive line, Jonathan Stewart won't play because of an Achilles injury, DeAngelo Williams and Steve Smith are both questionable and will likely be game-time decisions. Meanwhile, the defense hasn't been as good as expected through two games, allowing 24 and 27 points, respectively. Now they're going to be asked to play their best game of the pre-season because it's quite possible the offense is held out of the end zone... at least in the first half. Baltimore has won both of their pre-season games, including an opening week shutout of Washington, 23-0, followed by a decimation of the NY Jets last week. Granted, the scoreboard might show just a one-point win, but anyone who saw the game knows the Ravens dominated the first three quarters. A 21-7 lead ended as a 24-23 win, but the writing was on the wall. With the starters from both teams expected to play till at least halftime, I believe the Ravens are healthier and their first unit is more talented on both sides of the ball. Ravens win the game straight up.

Posted : August 29, 2009 9:23 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Insider Sports Report

4* Seattle Mariners

3* LA Dodgers

3* Tennessee Titans

Posted : August 29, 2009 9:23 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Anthony Redd

25 Dime Colts

25 Dime Saints

25 Dime Cowboys

Posted : August 29, 2009 9:24 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

ATS Lock Club

Preseason Lock of the Year

12 Units Atlanta -2

5 Units Pitt -5.5
4 Units Colts -2.5

Posted : August 29, 2009 9:25 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Kiki Sports

Preseason GOY

3* SD Chargers

Posted : August 29, 2009 9:27 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Dominic Fazzini

10 Dime -- Rangers (Feldman) over TWINS (Pavano)
5 Dime -- Titans (plus the points vs. BROWNS)

NOTE: List only Feldman as Texas' starting pitcher

Scott Feldman (13-4, 3.87 ERA) has really stepped up in the heat of the playoff race for the Rangers.

The right-hander allowed four hits with a career-high 11 strikeouts Sunday in seven scoreless innings against Tampa Bay. He also has been solid on the road, with wins in five straight starts away from Arlington.

Feldman has a 1.87 ERA in those five outings, and is 9-1 with a 2.97 ERA in 11 road starts this season. He is 4-0 with a 3.41 ERA in five starts overall this month.

Carl Pavano (11-9, 5.20) has been up and down since the Twins acquired him from Cleveland on Aug. 7. He allowed two runs and eight hits in seven innings Sunday at Kansas City, which makes me think he's due for a poor outing today.

The right-hander was ripped at Texas on Aug. 18, giving up five runs on seven hits and three walks in four innings of a no-decision. Pavano is 0-1 with a 25.20 ERA in two career starts vs. the Rangers, allowing 14 runs in five innings.

Texas has lost 10 of 14 games at the Metrodome since 2007, but I think Feldman gives the team a great chance to buck that trend tonight. Go with the Rangers.

TITANS

Tennessee, with three exhibition games already under its belt, has things pretty well figured out for the regular season at this point. Cleveland, however, has plenty of question marks remaining, including who its starting quarterback is going to be.

Titans QB Kerry Collins and the first-team offense is expected to play into the third quarter tonight. With LenDale White and Chris Johnson tearing up yardage on the ground, Tennessee should take command of this game in the first half.

The Browns scored 27 points last week against Detroit, but neither Derek Anderson nor Brady Quinn threw a touchdown pass, and one of Cleveland's TDs came on an 84-yard punt return by Josh Cribbs. Tennessee's defense is pretty tough, so I can't imagine the Browns putting up many points tonight.

If the game is close going into the final quarter, I give the edge to the Titans, who have Vince Young and Patrick Ramsey relieving Collins at QB. Meanwhile, the inexperienced Brett Ratliff or Richard Bartel will finish up for the Browns.

Before last week's win, Cleveland was 0-5 straight-up and against the spread, including 0-3 SU and ATS at home. Tennessee, while it has failed to cover in three straight exhibition games, is 8-3 SU in its last 11 preseason contests. Take the Titans to cover the points, if not win outright, in this one.

Posted : August 29, 2009 9:31 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Ben Burns

NFL AFTERNOON ANNIHILATOR

DETROIT LIONS (+3) over Indianapolis Colts

I'm taking the points with DETROIT. As you know, the third game of the preseason typically sees the most playing time from the starters. With that being the case, the natural reaction is to assume that the Colts, who have been much better than the Lions for years, will have the advantage. However, I see things differently. Regardless of which week of the preseason, I believe that "motivation" plays a huge role in predicting pointspread winners. In this case, I believe that the Lions will prove to be the "hungrier" team. Yes, the Colts' starters will see their most playing time. Manning and co. still aren't likely to see much (if any) action in the second half though. That means that it will be Curtis Painter and/or Jim Sorgi running the show. While Sorgi is Manning's backup, he's missed the last two games. As for the Lions, they've got a QB battle on their hands with veteran Daunte Culpepper and No. 1 overall draft choice Matthew Stafford both attempting to win the starting job. Regardless of which one starts, I expect both to get plenty of time with the starting offense. In other words, I expect the Detroit starters to see more playing time than the Colts' starters. While both teams are 1-1 this preseason, the Colts are just 3-8 SU their last 11 preseason games, while the Lions are 7-3 SU during the same stretch. Note that the Lions also hold a 12-7-1 edge in their all-time preseason series with the Colts. I watched the Lions preseason opener vs. the Falcons, a game which was played here at Detroit. While the Lions failed to cover the spread in that game, they did play very hard and they did go all out for the victory, eventually earning a 27-26 decision. Back in front of the home fans and looking to provide them with some hope, I expect another highly motivated and hard fought effort from the Lions this afternoon. This time, I expect it to be enough to earn (at least) the cover. *7 Annihilator

Posted : August 29, 2009 9:37 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

igz1 sports

3* Baltimore +3.5
3* Seattle +3
3* Buffalo vs Pittsburgh Under 36.5

Posted : August 29, 2009 9:38 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

We Cover Spreads

Preseason Game of Year

3* Giants-1.5 First Half
A 3* play in regular season is just a normal play but in preseason we release all plays as 1*, so this fits the bill as our top play in preseason.
The Giants are coming off of a horrible performance against the Bears last week. Not to make excuses but that was off of just 5 days rest after playing Carolina on Monday Night. Both teams starters are expected to play the whole first half. The Giants caught their performance in their ear big time after a horrible showing in Chicago from Coach Coughlin. The players all seem to be responding to their coach and his criticism this week very well. Eli Manning said that this being the final week the starters will get to play extended time they are focused to come out to play their best. He even said the offense is doing a little game planning, watching film on the Jets preseason games and preparing for their schemes. Even center Shaun O'hara said "I know we'll be ready for this game."
The Giants plan is to air it out, depending on the weather. Their will be a chance of showers tonight but it's not supposed to be as bad as earlier expected with rain ealier in the day and may not rain at all by kickoff. The Giants plan on gauging their Wide Receivers; letting rookies Ramses Barden and Hakeem Nicks work with Manning and the first team along with Steve Smith, Domenick Hixon, Mario Manningham, and Sinorice Moss. Barden a 6 foot 6 rookie from Cal-Poly and first round pick UNC grad Hakeem Nicks have practiced with Eli and the first team all week and Coach Coughlin felt the progress was positive and the chemistry looked good between the three.Former Giants QB Phil Simms who spoke with several Giants players and coaches this week said to New York reporters "The Giants are going to be ready to run through a wall on Saturday night."
Rex Ryan and the Jets are coming off of a short week of preparation after a Monday Night game in Baltimore. Ryan has had a laid back approach to this game and admitted last week was a big game for him but said their hasn't been much chatter about this game with Giants in locker room he said. Rookie Mark Sanchez will be in the spotlight against a Giants defense who looks like they will get starting Corner Back Corey Webster back but still will be without leader Antonio Pierce. Sanchez looked shaky in his first start where he went 3-for-8 for 43 yards with an interception that was returned for a touchdown. There were also two delay-of-game penalties, a missed communication issue with Jerricho Cotchery and a dropped interception by Ray Lewis which would've been returned for a TD. The Jets first team was trailing 21-7 to Baltimore at half time last week and were leading 10-9 vs. a not so talented Rams team which played pretty vanilla on both sides of the ball in their first week.
We are playing this as a first half play only because the Giants reserves have looked questionable all preseason and we don't trust them throughout the final stretch of the game and the Jets pulling off a backdoor cover like last week isn't far-fetched. We expect a motivated Giants first team to come out and handle business in the first half of this game against a Jets team who is coming off of a short week and didn't prep for this game.
*Note*: We have seen this line mostly at -1.5 and -2.5 at most books, there were only a couple of -3 out there so we advise you to shop for the best price you can find under -3.

Posted : August 29, 2009 9:59 am
Page 1 / 5
Share: