Vegas Steam Play

100* Under Pittsburgh Pirates/Milwaukee Brewers

Posted : August 29, 2009 11:54 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Wunderdog

Game: Cleveland at Baltimore
2 units Cleveland -110 (risk 2 to win 1.8)

Game: Cleveland at Baltimore
2 units Cleveland -1.5 runs +145 (risk 2 to win 2.9)

Game: Houston at Arizona
5 units Arizona -130 (risk 5 to win 3.9)

Game: Houston at Arizona
3 units Arizona -1.5 runs +166 (risk 3 to win 5)

Posted : August 29, 2009 11:56 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Chris James Sports

3* Braves/Phillies Under 8.5

Posted : August 29, 2009 12:01 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Teddy Covers

Big Ticket - Falcons

Big Ticket - SF Giants

Posted : August 29, 2009 12:25 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Doc's Sports

5-Unit Play Take Texas Rangers -115 over Minnesota Twins

3-Unit Play Take San Francisco Giants +110 over Colorado Rockies

Posted : August 29, 2009 12:25 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Adam Meyers

NFLX

Best Bet 6* Giants-/Jets

4* Colts-/Lions

4* Browns -/Titans

MLB

Total of the Week

5* Over Rockies/Giants

Posted : August 29, 2009 12:26 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

SPORTS UNLIMITED
FOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVlCE PLAYS VlSlT THESPREAD.COM
3* Oakland Under
3* 49'ers

Sports Bank
400 Jets Under

WILDCAT

7* Atlanta Falcons

Tony Wright
10* Atlanta Falcons

Millionaires Club
49'ers

Mike Lineback
Dodgers/Reds Over

Posted : August 29, 2009 12:53 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

ATS LOCK

5 Units TB/Det over
4 Units LAD

Posted : August 29, 2009 1:04 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

DAVE BUSK

7 Unit Pick Take Atlanta (+1.70) over Philadelphia
Since coming to the Phillies is a deadline deal Cliff Lee has given up just six runs in 40 innings over five starts, the result of his performance is high lines like this vs. a good pitcher like Derek Lowe. We get Lowe here off two shaky starts, before his last two starts he was 5-0 with a 2.91 era over seven starts. Lowe has been outstanding vs. Philadelphia with a 5-0 record and a 2.24 era in his last eight starts that includes a 3-0 mark with a 1.61 era at Citizens Bank Park. I can’t pass up on this high price with Lowe success against Philadelphia, in fact I ’am making my biggest bet of the year on this value.

4 Units Take Over (9.5) Washington at St. Louis
This two teams played to a 3-2 Cardinals comeback win last night, I don’t think tonight will play as low scoring tonight with Graig Stammen and Mitchell Boggs on the hill. Both pitchers only give you about five to six innings, both are more of a contact pitcher that gives up a lot of hits. With these two pitchers combined this year they have given up 157 hits in 136 innings this year. Boggs has had some problems with walks, walking 22 in 35 innings pitch this year along with walking five twice in his last five starts. We have the wind blowing out tonight and I think we will have some scoring tonight.

2 Unit Pick Take Tampa Bay (-1.35) over Detroit
The Rays have dealt Scott Kazmir to the Angels and you would think that is a sign that they’re giving up on the season. I don’t think so, the Rays are deep in pitching and I think we have a huge edge on the mound today with young gun David Price on the mound. David Price hasn’t been as good on the road then at home but I do think he can have a good outing today vs. the Tigers. The real problem for the Tigers today is their starter Nate Robertson, he has made just five rehab starts after two months on the disabled list Before he went on the disabled list he wasn’t even starting, no doubt will be on a low pitch count here and we will be into that bullpen.

1 Unit Pick Take Cleveland (pick) over Tennessee
The Titans head to Cleveland playing their fourth game of the preseason after getting drilled in Dallas last week 30-10 while the Browns look to wrap up their finale preseason home game. From what I gather the Browns are taking a serious approach to this game and have the edge in the quarterback department with Anderson and Quinn. With the Titans playing five preseason games this year instead of four I don’t see them taking this as a tune up to the regular season instead of a game to works on some things and stay away from the injuries. This Titans team is set for the regular season while Browns head coach Eric Mangini is still trying to put his finger prints on this club, good chance here vs. a big name team.

1 Unit Pick Carolina (-3) Over Baltimore
I really like this play as we get a great situation here with Baltimore coming off a tight win at home vs. the New York Jets and former defensive coordinator and now the Jets head coach ran his mouth about that Mondays game was not just another preseason game. Naturally the Ravens got up for the game and while I don’t think they played good I could see a let down here in Carolina. The Panthers coming off a 27-17 loss down in Miami should be ready to play their final home preseason game before the regular season kicks off in a couple of weeks. Handicapping the preseason is not rocket science, its more knowing depth and what teams are going to play and I think we’re on the right side of both here.

Posted : August 29, 2009 1:06 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

INDIAN COWBOY
4 Unit Play. Take Over 180.5 Connecticut Sun @ Phoenix Mercury
There is a lot of history between these two teams. For starters, Diana Taurasi always gets up to play the state where she played college ball at. This is part of the reason after the DUI this team won 95-80 in one of the first games back for her after the incident. The Mercury put up 95 on that team earlier this year and certainly have the capacity to put up some points at home. But, what is most interesting about this game is that 70%+ of the public is pounding Phoenix at home and yet the line is going the other way by about half a point to 1 point. This could be due to Conn's revenge factor today and the fact they need this win to keep pace with Atlanta for playoff seeding. Conn also comes off back to back losses so they look to rebound here and the Mercury come off a big win so they could be in for a let down - or at least a slow start to begin the half. Hence, I believe Conn has a good shot of being an 'active dog' as I like to call it and consequently this game is likely to go over. The over is 9-1-1 for the Sun following a loss and the Over is 8-2 for the Mercury in their last 10 Saturday games.

1 Unit Play. Take Over 34.5 Baltimore Ravens @ Carolina Panthers
I have been tapping the Carolina over for some time dating as far back as last season. This team is 8-2 to the over dating back to last season and the over is 2-0 in the early part of this year's preseason. Carolina comes off back to back losses to the Giants and Dolphins on the road and I suspect they will look to get the home opener on the right foot. Tack that on with the fact the Ravens have had no problem finding offense as they have scored 23 and 24 points thus far this year, I suspect this game has a solid chance of find itself over the posted total. I look for this game to reach at least 37.

Posted : August 29, 2009 1:07 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Allen Eastman
2-Unit Play. Take New York Giants (-3) over New York Jets
This is my Game of the Week and I expect the Giants to bounce back from their weak performance in Chicago last week. The Giants want to defend their home turf here. And all week they've been hearing about the hotshot rookie quarterback that's now starting for the crosstown rivals. Well, I think that the Giants defense are going to want to get after young Mark Sanchez. The Jets were getting soundly beaten by the Ravens on Monday night until they made a really fortunate comeback. I don't think that the Giants will let up in the same way. The favorite is 4-1-1 ATS in the last six meetings between these teams and I think that the G-Men are the much stronger club. The Jets should be winded after a short week and following a pretty emotional Monday night game against their coach's ex-team. This one is all Big Blue.

1-Unit Play. Take Tennessee (Pk) over Cleveland
Cleveland scored a blowout win over a rookie quarterback and an 0-16 team last week. But that doesn't mean much to me. The Titans lost by 20 in Dallas and I am sure that Jeff Fisher has them fired up and ready to this week on the road. Cleveland still has quarterback issues and will be resting some of its best defenders. The Titans were 13-3 last year and have more depth at the key positions. This one might be low scoring but I don't see any way that the Browns come out with a win.

1.5-Unit Play. Take Atlanta (-2.5) over San Diego
San Diego is 2-0 SU and ATS this preseason and now they have to travel cross-country to square off with a Falcons team that is playing its first home game. I think that's a big advantage for the Falcons. San Diego has been beat up and resting its guys all week in practice. I really don't think that they are going to take this game to seriously. Atlanta will want to put on a show for the hometown folks and I think that they will manage to do just that. This one all comes down to which team does this game matter to more. And it's Atlanta.

2-Unit Play. Take Philadelphia (-1.5, +115) over Atlanta
Cliff Lee has been taking care of business since coming over to the Phillies. Philadelphia has won five straight starts by Lee and with Ryan Howard hitting as well as he has been I think the Phillies offense is ready to snap out of its funk. Philadelphia is 20-7 at home and they have a chance to all but lock up the division with a big series this weekend. I think they get another big win.

Posted : August 29, 2009 1:11 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Vegas Sports Informer
1 Unit Play. Take Over 34 Baltimore at Carolina
Baltimore has scored 23 points in NFLX Week #1 and Monday night the Ravens put up 24 points against the Jets. So far the Ravens offense has been great but their defense on Monday gave up 23 points. We should see some TD’s Saturday night from both squads as the starters will probably play at least 3 quarters.

8 Unit Play. Take Phoenix –4½ over Connecticut
(Game of the Year) The Phoenix Mercury look to ease their lead atop the Western Conference tonight when they host Connecticut, the Sun who have dropped their last two games are losing their grip on a playoff spot in the East. The Mercury are coming off a HUGE road win over the hot LA Sparks team. Making matters more difficult for the Connecticut Sun is the absence of leading scorer Asjha Jones. Jones will be out for two more weeks but tonight the Sun could use her. Phoenix is 10-4 at home but their last home game they lost to another Eastern Conference team in Washington so tonight we should see a different Mercury team. Phoenix does not want to lose two straight home games to Eastern Conference teams especially when the playoffs are getting close. Phoenix are 13-4 ATS in their last 17 home games. Connecticut is 2-5 ATS in their last 7 meetings against Phoenix.

3 Unit Play. Take Under 8 ½ -120 Atlanta at Philadelphia
Cliff Lee is 5-0 with an outstanding 0.68 earned run average with the Phillies since he was acquired in a July trade with Cleveland. Lee has won eight straight trips to the mound overall, with a 0.97 ERA and tonight we should see Lee mow down the Braves. Atlanta had Derek Lowe on the mound and if his sinker is working tonight he also can limit runs on the board. The last 5 meetings between these two teams all 5 of them have gone under the total.

Posted : August 29, 2009 1:13 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

JEFFERSON-SPORTS

TENNESSEE +3 -140 7 units

ATLANTA -3 5 units

Posted : August 29, 2009 1:48 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Wayne Root

Legend - Lions

Millionaire - Carolina

No Limit - Chiefs

Posted : August 29, 2009 1:50 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

JACK JONES
15* Philadelphia Phillies -1.5 +127
Back the Phillies tonight over the Braves with Cliff Lee on the mound. Lee has been incredible since joining the Phillies. He's now 12-9 on the season with a 2.62 ERA, and has gone 3-0 over his last 3 starts with a 0.37 ERA and 0.71 WHIP. Meanwhile, Braves' starter, Derek Lowe has been inconsistent this season, particularly on the road, where he is 6-6 with a 5.11 ERA in 13 starts. Lowe is also just 1-1 with a 7.47 ERA and 2.04 WHIP in his last 3 starts. The Braves grabbed the first win of this 3-game series, but I like the Phillies to come back in a big way Saturday and win this one by 3 or more runs.

Posted : August 29, 2009 2:00 pm
Page 4 / 5
Share: