FOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVlCE PLAYS VlSlT THESPREAD.COM
San Francisco Giants -135

Posted : August 8, 2009 9:05 am
(@biotrends)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Premier cappers

LAA and Texas Over 9 –115 for 4 units

Just like Friday I believe we are getting another great spot for an over with both of these teams. Weaver last 9 games have gone over the total with him giving up on average 4.5 runs in his last 7 overall. Millwood is coming off the DL and has not pitched in over 10 days and I see him being rusty and that is a bad sign against an Angels team whom has been on fire. Millwood last 3 starts against the Angels it has not gone as good for him giving up 9 runs and 4 runs with both games flying over the total. Weaver last 2 games against Texas both as well flew over the total as well. The Angels are on a run 22-5-1 as a home favorite and 41-14-4 last 69 games 41 have gone over. The Over is also 5-1 in their last 6 match ups together. I believe we are getting a good value on names alone but looking at the numbers I believe 9 is way two low for both of these teams.

Posted : August 8, 2009 10:31 am
(@biotrends)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Steven Budin-CEO

25 DIME RUN LINE RELEASE
New York Yankees (Sabathia) - 1 1/2 Runs over Boston (Buchholz)

Posted : August 8, 2009 10:32 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member

Seabass

300 NYY -1.5
300 Minn/DET Under
100 MIL
100 TX
100 EDM (CFL)
50 CLE

COL (Steam)

Posted : August 8, 2009 10:34 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member

FantasySportsGametime

100* Play Toronto (-175) over Baltimore (MLB TOP PLAY)

Baltimore has lost 23 of the last 29 games as an underdog of +150 or higher and they have also lost 80 of the last 128 day games. Baltimore has lost 15 of the last 22 games vs. Toronto on the road and Chris Tillman has an ERA of 7.50 in road games this season. Brett Cecil is 2-0 over the last 3 starts with an ERA of 2.14.

100* Play LA Dodgers (-165) over Atlanta (MLB TOP PLAY)

Los Angeles has won 36 of the last 51 games as a home favorite of -110 or higher and they have also won 49 of the last 79 games vs. right-handed starting pitchers. Clayton Kershaw has won 5 consecutive games as a home favorite of -150 to -200 and he also has an ERA of 2.06 in all home games this season. Kenshin Kawakami has lost 4 consecutive games vs. NL West Division Opponents and he has also lost 7 of the last 9 games when the total posted is between 7 and 8.5 runs.

50* Play LA Angels (-160) over Texas (MLB BONUS PLAY)

Los Angeles has won 20 of the last 25 games when their on base percentage is .360 or higher over the last 15 games and they have also won 23 of the last 31 day games. Jered Weaver has won 6 of the last 7 games when pitching with five or six days of rest and he has also won 6 of the last 7 games when playing as a favorite of -150 or higher. Jered Weaver has won 8 of the last 10 games when the total posted is between 9 and 9.5 runs and he is also 7-1 in all home games this season with an ERA of 2.79.

50* Play Tampa Bay (-140) over Seattle (MLB BONUS PLAY)

Tampa Bay has won 29 of the last 40 games as a favorite of -125 to -175 and they have also won 25 of the last 33 games when playing in the month of August. Ian Snell has won 11 of the last 13 games as an underdog of +100 or higher and he is 2-8 in all starts this season with an ERA of 5.19.

WNBA HOOPS

50* Play Indiana (+4) over Phoenix (WNBA Hoops Play)

Indiana has won 4 consecutive games and they have won 16 of their 20 games overall this season. Indiana won both meetings in Phoenix last season and they are only allowing an average of 71 points a game on defense this season.

CFL FOOTBALL

50* Play Calgary (-14.5) over Winnipeg (CFL Football Play)

Calgary has covered the spread in 10 of the last 13 games coming off two consecutive division games and they have also covered the spread in 10 of the last 13 games coming off a home loss by 3 points or less. Calgary has won 11 of the last 13 games vs. Winnipeg and they are averaging over 38 points a game on offense over the last 3 games.

Posted : August 8, 2009 10:35 am
(@biotrends)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Here He Is

HalfBets

Baltimore v. Toronto 1pm
PICK: OVER 9.5 +105(7*)

Posted : August 8, 2009 10:37 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member

Ron Raymond

Angels/Rangers Under 9.5

Posted : August 8, 2009 10:39 am
(@biotrends)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Craig Davis

30 DIME ---- TIGERS (With Verlander) -1 1/2 RUN LINE
10 DIME ---- PADRES (With Latos) -1 1/2 RUN LINE

DETROIT TIGERS (with Verlander) -1 1/2 runs
over MINNESOTA (with Perkins/Pavano)
Second verse, same as the first. Whatever cliche you want to use here, it all comes back to the same thing... Justin Verlander, at home, is nearly un-hittable. Yes, I know he's had a few "Comerica outings" in which he wasn't on his game, but for the most part you can count on at least seven innings and around one or two earned runs --- if not zero. It doesn't seem to matter who the opponent is, Verlander just gets the job done and I see no reason why today should be any different.

Verlander's home ERA is a sizzling 1.66 and he has yet to lose a home start in 10 tries (7-0), despite not pitching his best in the last game there vs. Baltimore. However, if you remember, we had the Tigers on the run line in that game and if it weren't for a 5-run first inning, the Orioles would have NEVER been in that game. Verlander completely shut them down the following seven innings and they never even advanced a baserunner past second base. But for whatever reason, he decided not to have his best stuff in the first inning. Either way, he ended the game the way I expect him to start this one... on fire. Those final seven innings did nothing but build confidence for him and it's going to carry over to tonight's game against Minnesota... a game in which he should get plenty of run support.

Glen Perkins is the scheduled starter, though I have seen a few sources mention Carl Pavano (who was acquired yesterday). Perkins, who could actually be demoted to the bullpen if his next start (tonight) isn't up to snuff. His season ERA is basically 6.00 and his last start vs. Detroit is definitely forgettable. He lasted just 5.1 innings, allowing five hits and five earned runs in a 7-3 Twins loss. Perkins now not only has the pressure of facing Detroit on the road again, but now he has to worry about losing his spot in the rotation. Too much pressure for this lefty on this night as the Tigers are starting to play better and should carry the momentum of last night's 10-8 win over to tonight.

SAN DIEGO PADRES (with Latos) -1 1/2 runs over NY Mets (with Parnell)
This play is quite simple. Though the Padres are one of the worst teams in baseball, they have played the Mets quite well and have taken the first two games of this four-game set. They've hit the ball well and gotten some really good pitching. The funny thing is, in my opinion, they haven't even thrown their best pitcher. I believe their best pitcher is going tonight in the form of Mat Latos. Though virtually an unknown at the beginning of the season, Latos has turned out to be a very solid pitcher and hasn't allowed more than two earned runs in any of his four starts. Since taking a weird loss in his first career game, Latos has won three straight and looks to make it four tonight.

The Mets, in a huge funk right now, turn to Bobby Parnell to try and stop the bleeding. Parnell makes his first career major league start tonight after being in the bullpen all season. His record is 2-3 and his ERA is a respectable 3.74, but he hasn't pitched more than 3 innings in any game, and I can't imagine him being effective after he reaches around 50 pitches this evening. San Diego might not be the best hitting team in baseball, but they have scored a bunch of runs in the first two games of this series and they do hit better at home than on the road. Believe it or not, the Mets have won only three of the last 13 meetings with the Padres and they've won just 4 of their last 14 on the road. I'll take my chances with one young pitcher (at home) over another.

Posted : August 8, 2009 10:43 am
(@biotrends)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Freddy Wills POD

Take Dodgers -168 5-DIME POD
Tonight's POD which is on the Dodgers a steep money line to play I know, but it falls under my rule of -170 or better. The only reason I'm having such a high favorite is I"m really not liking today's card at all so we are going with it. Dodgers will send Kershaw to the mound who we followed last time. Unfortunately for us he had 6 BB in 4 IP and was bounced for the game. If he finds his control he's that pitcher who has a 2.06 ERA at home. He has been solid on the bounce back. The two other times where he had 5 or more walks he bounced back with a 2BB performance and if he does that here today he can go deep into the game against the Braves who have yet to see Kershaw in their career. He'll face a lineup without Chipper Jones and their leaders or who I consider to be their most important players Escobar/Mcclouth/McCann all have trouble with LHP. Escobar who is their X-factor and quickly or is already the best SS in the NL East is batting just .259 vs. LHP, McClouth and McCann are both below .200 at .197 and .189 so I see them having trouble getting things started at least the 1st time around the lineup which should provide Kershaw with enough confidence to finish a solid performance.

Dodgers will face Kawakami the 34 year old Japanese rookie is 1-5 in his last 6 with 4 days rest and he's got a 5.57 ERA on the road this year. He has also not seen the Dodgers so I can see the Dodger hitters struggling also, but I'll take the Dodgers at home with that lineup vs. Atlanta's lineup minus Chipper any day. Dodgers are hitting .309 vs. RHP scoring 6.03 runs per 9 innings in their last 5 vs. RHP and their bullpen at home has been solid this year with a 2.91 ERA.

Dodgers are 22-10 in Game 3's their best record of any game of the series and they are 12-4 in Kershaws last 16 as home favorites with Kershaw on the mound.

Posted : August 8, 2009 10:52 am
(@biotrends)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Tim Trushel

Featured Play:
Seattle Under 8.5 -120 (980)

Posted : August 8, 2009 10:53 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member

Tony Weston

35 Dime Athletics
FOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVICE PLAYS VISIT THESPREAD.COM
ATHLETICS - Almost unbeknownst to the rest of world the Oakland Athletics have been playing decent baseball lately. The team’s won 4 of its last 5 games and will get over tonight as an underdog at the Kansas City Royals.

The A’s have played the Royals three times this season and are a perfect 3-0 against Kansas City, including last night’s 9-4 win in Game 1 of this series.
With that loss the Royals have now gone 5-19 their last 24 games and are just 2-11 their last 13 games at home.

Consider, too, the Royals have not fared well with scheduled starter Zack Greinke on the mound. In fact, Kansas City is just 2-10 his last 12 starts and has lost each of his last six starts.
On the other side, Oakland has won 6 of its last 8 games with scheduled starter Brett Anderson on the mound.

The A’s have won each of Anderson’s last two starts and will make it three in a row tonight. Take Oakland on the road in this one.

Posted : August 8, 2009 10:55 am
(@biotrends)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Dominic Fazzini

10 Dime -- Diamondbacks (Haren) -1 1/2 runs over NATIONALS (Mock)

DIAMONDBACKS
NOTE: List only Haren as Arizona's starting pitcher

The Nationals have won six straight games coming into today, and are 12-11 since Jim Riggleman replaced Manny Acta as manager. They'll have their work cut out for them today, however, in facing Diamondbacks ace Dan Haren (11-6, 2.38 ERA).

Haren has struggled in his last three outings, going 1-1 with a 5.82 ERA. The All-Star right-hander was 7-1 with a 1.44 ERA in his 10 starts before that, however.

Haren has thrived in 11 road starts this season, going 6-1 with a 2.61 ERA. He allowed five runs and eight hits in seven innings Monday in a 6-5 victory at New York.

Right-hander Garrett Mock (0-4, 6.75) will take the mound for Washington. He will be making his fifth start of the season after 13 relief appearances.

Mock is 0-2 with a 6.62 ERA in his four starts. He allowed three runs (two earned) on seven hits and four walks in four-plus innings Monday at Pittsburgh. The damage could have been worse, as he left the game with the bases loaded and no outs, but reliever Tyler Clippard prevented any more runs from scoring.

Arizona is 6-2 in its last eight games in Washington, and 6-0 in Haren's last six road starts. Mark Reynolds, who has homered nine times in his last 11 games for the Diamondbacks, should help make things painful for Mock today. Take the Diamondbacks on the run line.

Be Careful Here
Check out the Leader Board
http://www.thespread.com/forum/index.php?topic=65192.0

Posted : August 8, 2009 10:56 am
Page 1 / 4
Share: