3 Users
0 Reactions
(@biotrends)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Charlie Sports

mlb. oakland @ kansas city under 7' runs
atlanta @ dodgers under 8' runs
mets @ san diego under 7' runs ( 500* 3 team rd robin).

mlb. kansas city-140 (30*)
mlb. colorado-140 (20*)
mlb. milwaukee-125 (20*)
mlb. boston @ yankees over 10 runs (10*)

mlb. white sox-130 (10*) free play

Posted : August 8, 2009 12:05 pm
(@biotrends)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Teddy Covers

Padres

Posted : August 8, 2009 12:11 pm
(@biotrends)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Robert Ferringo

2.5-Unit Play. Take #979 Tampa Bay (-140) over Seattle
James Shields has been killing me. But I think he's got a good outing in him tonight. Probably not, but the bottom line is that I think he can give me more than Ian Snell. And depending on how our day goes, if you need a bailout/press play consider the 'over' here. But I'm just not into Snell. At all. The guy was 3-7 with a 5.56 ERA against American League teams when he through with the Pirates. Then he comes out in his first start with the M's and beats the Rangers in Texas. Yeah, I smell letdown. And letdown against a hungry, pissed-off-because-they-lost-last-night Rays team that sees the Yankees and Red Sox dueling and knows it needs to keep up. (They will be watching that game earlier in the day and will be hyped up tonight). Snell has a 5.16 ERA this year and I think he'll get knocked around. Shield has a 1.95 ERA in his career at Safeco and the Rays are 11-2 on Saturday and 42-15 in Game 2 of a series.

2-Unit Play. Take #970 N.Y. Yankees (-1.5, +100) over Boston
Note: Lower to 1.5-Unit Play.
Just like C.C. more than I like Clay Buchholz. I'm not a big Buchholz guy and I just am not thrilled about his stuff. I think this game is going 'over', which means I think runs will be pouring out of the Stadium. If that is the case, I like our runline that much better. Yankees are healthier and have the better lineup at the moment. They also have a pile of revenge for what the Sox did in the first three meetings so hopefully they will pile it on. Sox have covered the runline in just one of their last 14 losses (they were favored in most of those, but you get the idea). Yankees have been winning by more than 2 runs recently so I'll look for a game in the 8-4 range.

1.5-Unit Play. Take #952 San Francisco (-140) over Cincinnati
Garbage. Garbage, garbage, garbage loss last night with the Giants. I think that they bounce back today against a Reds team that has been terrible recently. Giants have been a dominating home team this season and should have taken Game 1. Bronson Arroyo is notoriously bad in day games in his career and with Kung Fu Panda just absolutely killing the ball right now (.625 over the last week) I think that the Giants will follow his lead. Barry Zito has been better than you think this season, and the Reds are No. 22 in the league against lefties and No. 25 in the league in day games. Giants bounce back today and get us a 'W'.

1.5-Unit Play. Take #959 St. Louis (-1.5, -120) over Pittsburgh
Rolling the dice here on the Cards over Chuckles Morton. I think that Morton is weak and I think he's going to get his ass lit up tonight. He has failed to see the sixth inning in 5 of his 9 starts for the Pirates. And after doing so in back-to-back games, and three of four, I think he comes back to reality. He's had some success lately, but that was against the Giants (two of his three quality starts this year) and I'll attribute that to matchups. He hasn't faced a lineup like St. Louis' and I think that the Cards will put up several crooked numbers today. And even if they don't get to Morton if they can bounce him early that gives us more time with Pittsburgh's No. 20-ranked bullpen. Pirates are 2-8 as a dog and just 24-51 against the Cards. St. Louis is 36-16 in Wainwright's last 52 starts and 11-5 when he gets an extra day of rest. They are also 20-8 when he starts against a divisional foe.

1.5-Unit Play. Take #976 Chicago White Sox (-110) over Cleveland
Weird Torres dude starting but the Sox are still favored. Hmmm. Is that because Cleveland sucks? I say yes. Justin Masterson takes the hill after being a reliever all season long. So how long do you think he's going to go tonight, four, five innings? I'll be surprised if he makes it more just because of arm fatigue. You don't really want to spot start a young kid like this and then let him throw seven or eight innings. So if he gets bounced early then we get into the Cleveland bullpen, which is fun. Cleveland has the third-worst ERA in the league and it has an ERA of just about 5.00. I don't expect much out of Torres today. But we should win a bullpen war in what should be a higher scoring game. This fits into a great runline system of mine, but with the low juice we'll just get after the 'W'.

1.5-Unit Play. Take #966 L.A. Dodgers (-170) over Atlanta
Clayton Kershaw has been going bonkers recently, giving up zero runs in six of his last 10 starts. Kenshin Kawakami has had shoulder issues for the past month or so. With a tight ump behind the plate and a great lineup in the box I think he'll be forced to throw more pitches than he wants to early in the game. The Dodgers should get to him and if they get him out early they should be able to do some damage against the Braves' bullpen. Atlanta stole a game last night (like the Dodgers the night before). So just like Atlanta managed yesterday, I expect the Dodgers to rebound and avenge. Heavy pitching matchup edge in our favor (although I see both guys getting hit pretty hard). Rafael Furcal is starting to hit, and when he does the Dodgers are a different animal. The Dodgers are 12-5 in Kershaw's home starts and 60-25 as a home favorite. The Braves are 3-7 against lefty starters on the road and they are 7-25 as an underdog of +151 or more.

1-Unit Play. Take #978 Kansas City (-1.5, -105) over Oakland
Going to dabble with the Royals, who were embarrassed last night. Zach Grienke is on the mound. And although he's come back down to earth a bit, he has still thrown a quality start in seven of eight outings. And the light-hitting A's lineup isn't going to get it done. The A's are starting a rookie call-up making his MLB debut. Well, the kid gets to deal with a 20-mile-per-hour wind blowing straight out to center and Jeff Kellogg behind the plate. Good luck with that. I'm sure Grienke will be good tonight, but I think it's going to be one of his starts where he throws a lot of pitches early against a patient A's lineup. Regardless, he's going to last a hell of a lot longer than the kid, Mortensen, tonight.

Today’s Totals
4-Unit Play. Take ‘Over’ 8.0 St. Louis at Pittsburgh
Note: Bump to 4.5 Units.
2.5-Unit Play. Take ‘Over’ 8.0 Oakland at Kansas City
2-Unit Play. Take ‘Over’ 8.0 Atlanta at L.A. Dodgers
1.5-Unit Play. Take ‘Over’ 9.5 Cleveland at Chicago White Sox
1.5-Unit Play. Take ‘Over’ 7.0 N.Y. Mets at San Diego
Note: Bump to 2.0 Units.
1-Unit Play. Take ‘Over’ 8.5 Arizona at Washington
1-Unit Play. Take ‘Over’ 10.0 Boston at N.Y. Yankees
1-Unit Play. ‘Over’ 8.5 Cincinnati at San Francisco

Posted : August 8, 2009 12:15 pm
(@biotrends)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Doc's Sports

4 Unit Play. #970 Take New York (-1 ½ RL) +100 over Boston

Posted : August 8, 2009 1:03 pm
(@biotrends)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Malinsky

6* Over 8.5 Ariz/Wash

Posted : August 8, 2009 1:04 pm
(@biotrends)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Tony Weston

35 Dime Athletics
FOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVICE PLAYS VISIT THESPREAD.COM
ATHLETICS - Almost unbeknownst to the rest of world the Oakland Athletics have been playing decent baseball lately. The team’s won 4 of its last 5 games and will get over tonight as an underdog at the Kansas City Royals.

The A’s have played the Royals three times this season and are a perfect 3-0 against Kansas City, including last night’s 9-4 win in Game 1 of this series.
With that loss the Royals have now gone 5-19 their last 24 games and are just 2-11 their last 13 games at home.

Consider, too, the Royals have not fared well with scheduled starter Zack Greinke on the mound. In fact, Kansas City is just 2-10 his last 12 starts and has lost each of his last six starts.
On the other side, Oakland has won 6 of its last 8 games with scheduled starter Brett Anderson on the mound.

The A’s have won each of Anderson’s last two starts and will make it three in a row tonight. Take Oakland on the road in this one.

This Is A No Play
A's Anderson Is not Pitching
A's Clayton Mortensen Is Pitching

Posted : August 8, 2009 1:13 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member

Tony Stoffo
FOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVlCE PLAYS VlSlT THESPREAD.COM
Texas at LA Angels
Pick: Over 9
Will continue to follow the Angel games Over as in their last 17 games the Over is an amazing 15-1-1.
LA Angels are 11-1 OVER after having won 18 or more of their last 25 games this season.
LA Angels are 25-5 OVER in the second half of the season this season.
LA Angels are 14-2 OVER after batting .300 or better over a 20 game span this season.
LA Angels are 20-5 OVER with an on base percentage of .360 or better over their last 15 games this season.

Posted : August 8, 2009 1:32 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member

DESTROY THE BOOK SPORTS

UFC 101 Selections

1-3*

3* Spider Silva -350
3* Kendall Grove +135
2* Kenny Florian +180
2* Josh Neer -220
1* Jesse Lennox +165

Posted : August 8, 2009 2:00 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member

Evan Altemus
SF Giants

Posted : August 8, 2009 2:07 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member

Tony George
SF Giants

Posted : August 8, 2009 2:08 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member

KBHoops
5* San Diego -150 **POD**
5* Angels OVER 9 -120
5* Yankees UNDER 10 +105
5* Houston -102

Posted : August 8, 2009 2:13 pm
(@rathasun)

Does anyone have the JEFF BENTON's service plays for today (Saturday)
30 DIME MLB RUN-LINE GAME OF THE YEAR

Posted : August 8, 2009 2:17 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member

SAM CLAYTON

25 Dime - White Sox

Truth be told, the White Sox dropping last night's opener against the Indians might have set the table for tonight's relatively low line. Chicago has won 10 of 15 games at Comiskey Park, including series wins against Baltimore, Tampa Bay, New York and Los Angeles. Call me naive, but the South Siders are not going to drop two straight to the pewtrid Indians, who've lost 32 of 53 games on the highway this season. Carlos Torres gets the call for the Sox and he did a hell of a job in his MLB debut on July 22 against the Rays, allowing only three runs in six innings pitched. Torres is the type of pitcher that throws to contact and his odds are great tonight as Cleveland's roster is depleted after trading away Victor Martinez and Ryan Garko. The Tribe is 15 games under .500 and tonight they start a career middle reliever in Justin Masterson, who has given up 16 runs his last four starts, good for a 0-2 mark with a 6.00 ERA. I don't like Masterson's chances against a hungry White Sox lineup that's out to even the series after a abysmal outing last night. Chicago has plated 47 runs in seven games and I expect them to come out firing on all cylinders tonight in order to even the series at one game a piece. Cleveland's bullpen is in shambles and if the Sox get to Masterson early, this one could get very ugly real quick. Play the South Siders as your Saturday top play and second consecutive 25 dime winner.

Posted : August 8, 2009 2:28 pm
(@biotrends)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Larry Ness

Perfect Storm
Col Rockies

Posted : August 8, 2009 3:00 pm
(@biotrends)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Savannah Sports