Topic starter

Larry Ness

20* Club-80 - LA Angels

Posted : July 25, 2009 10:38 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Fantasy Sports Gametime

100* Play Colorado (-150) over San Francisco (TOP MLB PLAY)

San Francisco has lost 6 of the last 9 games and they have also lost 8 of the last 11 road games when the total posted is between 9 and 9.5 runs. Jonathan Sanchez has lost 9 of the last 11 games as an underdog of +125 to +175 and he is also 0-7 in all road games this season with an ERA of 6.31. Jorge De La Rosa is 3-0 vs. San Francisco over his career with an ERA of 1.07 and he is also 3-0 over his last 3 overall starts with an ERA of 1.69.

100* Play Seattle (-165) over Cleveland (TOP MLB PLAY)

Cleveland has lost 11 of the last 15 games when playing on a Saturday and they have also lost 7 of the last 11 games vs. AL West Division Opponents. Jeremy Sowers has lost 17 of the last 19 games as a road underdog of +100 or higher and he is also 1-7 in all starts this season with an ERA of 6.32. Erik Bedard has won 9 of the last 10 games when pitching in the month of July and he also has an ERA of 2.70 in all games this season.

50* Play Tampa Bay (+100) over Toronto (BONUS MLB PLAY)

Toronto has lost 16 of the last 23 games and they have also lost 5 of the last 6 games when batting .240 or worse over the last ten games. Brian Tallet has lost 10 of the last 15 games when the total posted is between 8.5 and 10 runs and he is also 0-2 over the last 3 starts with an ERA of 8.40. Tampa Bay has won 6 of the last 7 games vs. Toronto and they have also won 12 of the last 18 games when batting .240 or worse over the last twenty games.

50* Play Philadelphia (-120) over St. Louis (BONUS MLB PLAY)

Philadelphia has won 15 of the last 18 games and they have also won 6 of the last 7 games when their on base percentage is .360 or higher over the last 15 games. Rodrigo Lopez has won 10 of the last 11 home games and he has also won 6 of the last 7 games as a favorite of -110 or higher. Kyle Lohse has lost 5 consecutive road games and he is 0-3 over the last starts with an ERA of 5.14.

CFL Football

50* Play Saskatchewan (-5) over Edmonton (TOP FOOTBALL PLAY)

Edmonton has lost 4 consecutive games vs. Saskatchewan and they have also lost 17 of the last 25 games as an underdog. Edmonton has lost 15 of the last 21 road games and they are only averaging 19 points a game on offense this season. Saskatchewan has won 18 of the last 23 games as a favorite and they have also won 13 of the last 17 games coming off an UNDER the total.

WNBA Basketball

50* Play West All-Stars (-1) over East All-Stars (Top WNBA Play)

Posted : July 25, 2009 10:39 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Speculating Sports

Atlanta at Milwaukee
Selection: ATLANTA +117

Other sharp bettors already bet this line down from +125 to +117 over night. Atlanta is one of the hottest and most confident teams in baseball. Today they have their outstanding young righty Tommy Hanson taking the mound. Hanson already faced Milwaukee this season, getting hit hard by them in his first start of the season. I think the Brewers will have success against him, but he will also be motivated to rebound from that poor showing. Hanson gave up three home runs in that, with most of the runs coming at the end of his outing. I feel that he will really focus here. Meanwhile, Milwaukee righty Yovani Gallardo is in poor current form. He has allowed an average of two base runners per inning and posted a 6.75 ERA. Gallardo does strikeout a good amount of batters, but allows too many walks and hits. I look for the hot Braves line-up to hit him and the Brewers bullpen hard. Atlanta has hit over .300 as a team in 6 of their last 9 games, including last night. The Braves are absolutely crushing right handed pitching right now, and I look for their bats to be the difference in this game.

3 UNIT SELECTION

NY Mets at Houston
Selection: HOUSTON -134

Oddsmakers are finally starting to take notice of Houston's dramatically improved play. However, I still feel that the Astros are a great play here. They are facing Mets lefty Jonathan Niese tonight, who has struggled against the three best teams he has faced. Atlanta, Chicago, and Milwaukee all hammered him, and he didn't last very long in those three starts. What is also noticeably is that the Braves absolutely crushed him after they faced him the second time this season, meaning that his stuff wasn't very good after they got used to it. Houston is the much hotter team, while New York is one of the biggest slumping teams in baseball. This line is as low as it is because of Russ Ortiz getting the start. However, Ortiz has pitched much better than expected this season, with only two rough outings. The Mets line-up is still riddled with injuries though, so he will have no problem handling them. The Astros are hitting almost .300 as a team against lefties, and I look for them to crush Niese tonight.

2 UNIT SELECTION

Posted : July 25, 2009 10:40 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Lou Panelli

20* Tampa Bay +105 (100 Dime VEGAS KEY INFO)
10* Cubs over 9.5
10* Phillies over 10
10* Detroit under 8.5
10* Angels -115
10* Dodgers under 9

Posted : July 25, 2009 10:41 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Seabass

30* Texas, Florida
50* St. Louis
100* Red Sox RL
200* Atlanta, Toronto

Vegas Steam 100* Houston

Posted : July 25, 2009 10:43 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

BEN BURNS

CFL GAME OF THE MONTH!

EDMONTON

NL Game of the week Arizona

Edmonton Under

Posted : July 25, 2009 10:56 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Teddy Covers

Red Sox RL

Posted : July 25, 2009 10:58 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Craig Davis

100 Dime ---- RED SOX (With Lester) -1 1/2 RUN LINE over ORIOLES (With Guthrie)

Did I or did I not tell you I smelled two huge plays this week? I already cashed in, albeit not the way I expected, on my 75-dime easy winner on Arizona Thursday night as they blasted Pittsburgh in the late innings, 11-4. Tonight, I'm backing the Boston Red Sox on the run line in a similar situation. Honestly, I can't see a single situation in which the Baltimore Orioles have a chance to keep this game within five runs tonight. Boston is in a situation they're not used to being in... catch up mode. They find themselves two-and-a-half games behind the AL East leading NY Yankees and although it's still way too early to start panicking, you know it's in the back of their minds that they need to get wins in games like the one they have in front of them tonight. A team they've absolutely dominated in recent meetings limps back into Fenway tonight in hopes of getting another shot at Jonathan Papelbon. Baltimore left the bases loaded against the Red Sox closer last night in a 3-1 loss as the final two hitters of the inning struck out. That, my friends, was about the best chance the Orioles are going to have in this series of grabbing a road win.

Boston's bats never really got going against Bradley Bergesen, but still managed to squeak out a 3-1 win behind Brad Penny. They scored two in the fourth and one in the fifth, but that's surprisingly all they would need. Tonight it's going to be much different. First off, you can't expect me to believe Boston is only going to score three runs against a struggling Jeremy Guthrie, can you? Secondly, Jon Lester is more than capable of holding his own at home vs. a team he shut out the last time he faced them. Before tonight's 3-run output by the Boston hitters, the Red Sox had scored 6, 10, 4, and 12 runs vs. the Orioles the last four times they have met.

Back to Guthrie... he's been flat out awful against Boston recently (4 innings, 8 hits and 8 runs in his last outing vs. the BoSox) and on the road (3-4 in nine starts with a 6.34 ERA and a 1.37 WHIP in 49 innings). Over his last three road starts, Guthrie has allowed 10 earned runs in 17.1 innings of work and the last time his overall ERA has been under 5 was back on May 30. Since then, Guthrie has been hit hard while struggling a bit with control (over 2 walks per game). In his career vs. Boston, his numbers have been respectable but not great (1-2 record, 4.01 ERA and 1.64 WHIP in eight starts), but the number that sticks out most to me is the fact the Red Sox hit .285 as a team vs. Guthrie. If the Red Sox can hit .285 collectively tonight, they'll have no problem clobbering Baltimore (as I expect them to do).

For Boston, how could you not want Lester on the hill at home in this situation? Forget his 8-7 record overall and concentrate more on his 8-0 career record (in 10 starts) vs. Baltimore. That's right, Lester has OWNED the Orioles in his career, not only winning eight times with no losses, but allowing just 15 earned runs in 62 innings of work. As previously mentioned, Lester last faced Baltimore on June 29th (in Baltimore) and he was absolutely filthy, tossing seven innings of five-hit, scoreless ball while recording not a single walk and striking out eight in the process. LESTER OWNS BALTIMORE and he'll prove it again tonight. Not only that but he's been very effective at home recently, not allowing more than two earned runs in his last four home starts. Lester + Fenway Park + Baltimore's offense = monster Boston win.

Want more proof? Boston has won 50 of the last 66 meetings with Baltimore, 27 of the last 33 vs. the O's in Boston, and 22 of the last 27 Lester starts at home. Baltimore, meanwhile, is 1-5 in their last six overall, 1-4 in Guthrie's last five starts vs. teams from the AL East and 60-130 in the last 190 games vs. a lefty starter. Boys, it doesn't get much easier than this. Boston wins this one going away. Play Boston on the run line as your top play of the day.

Posted : July 25, 2009 10:58 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Tim Trushel

Milwaukee

Posted : July 25, 2009 10:59 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Premier Cappers

Boston RL –110 4 units

Boston has many advantages over Baltimore and they have been struggling since the all-star break and Baltimore is the team that Boston needed to see at home with them winning their last 10 games at home against them and 7 of 8 this season. On top of all of this we are getting the better pitcher in Lester on this hill whom is 8-7 this season with 3.87 ERA but has been pitching his best all season his last 9 games having 9 quality starts in a row. He is also 2-0 against Baltimore this season going 14 innings giving 0 runs. Guthrie will be on the hill for Baltimore today and he is 7-8 with a 5.12 ERA and is 3-4 with a 6.34 ERA on the road. In his only meeting against Boston this season he gave up 8 runs in 4.2 innings pitched. A couple of trends to consider is Boston is 32-14 at home this season while Baltimore is 15-33 away from home. Baltimore is 6-28 their last 34 games against Boston in Boston dating back a few seasons. With Boston hitting .277 against right handed starters at home and Baltimore is hitting .217 away from home against lefty starters. I think Boston is going to build momentum in this game and they have the better pitching from top to bottom in this game and if Boston can put some runs for support we will win this game with no problem today.

Posted : July 25, 2009 10:59 am
Page 1 / 4
Share: