0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

The Duke's Sports
FOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVlCE PLAYS VlSlT THESPREAD.COM
LA Angels (-110) 1.5 Units
The Angels are knocking the cover off the ball now and should lend continued high run support to converted reliever Matt Palmer. Palmer, who benefited from 7+ rpg support in his starts early in the year, should turn in some quality innings vs a Minnesota team batting just .246 vs righties this month. And the Angels' bullpen has been getting it done (2.81 ERA last 10). We'll look for the hot Angels' lineup to get the best of Nick Blackburn, who hasn't fared well on the road; as a matter of fact, the Twins are 0-11 with Blackburn on the road against teams above .500. And Blackburn got hammered for 6 ER in 4 2/3 innings the last time he faced Anaheim (8/23/08). The Angels are a sweet 22-5 following a win and 22-8 in this series in Anaheim. Angels the call.

Posted : July 25, 2009 11:58 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Nick Parsons
TORONTO BLUE JAYS

Posted : July 25, 2009 12:00 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Alatex

Kansas City Under 9

Posted : July 25, 2009 12:03 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Master Sports

4* Cle/ Sea Over

Posted : July 25, 2009 12:04 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Robert Ferringo

2-Unit Play. Take Seattle (-170) over Cleveland
1-Unit Play. Take Seattle (-1.5, +120) over Cleveland

Erik Bedard is 2-0 in his career against the Tribe and in nine consecutive starts he has given up two runs or less. He has been exceptional when he's been healthy and he's been rock solid at home. After losing last night's game I think that the M's rally today with a severe pitching edge. The Indians don't hit lefties particularly well and Jeremy Sowers is 5-15 with a 6.42 ERA in his career on the road.

3.5-Unit Play. Take Houston (-135) over N.Y. Mets
The Mets just stink right now, and Houston is killing left-handed pitching. If they touched up Johan Santana last night what do you think they are going to do to John Niece?

1.5-Unit Play. Take Colorado (-160) over San Francisco
1-Unit Play. Take Colorado (-1.5, +125) over San Francisco

Jorge De la Rosa is 3-0 with a 2.33 ERA in his career against the Giants and has won four straight starts against them. De la Rosa has won six straight starts and eight of nine and has been quietly having a solid second half of the season. The Giants are 7-1 against a lefty starter, but they are just 7-15 against lefties on the road. Jon Sanchez is 1-2 with a 7.47 ERA in his career against the Rockies and has a 7.06 ERA in Coors Field. Further, the Giants are 3-13 when Sanches starts on the road, 4-17 when he is an underdog, 6-21 when he starts overall. Rockies are 8-3 against a lefty. Colorado looks to bounce back after last night's home loss and should do so behind a hot starter of their own and against a lefty that does not pitch well on the road, particularly at Coors.

1-Unit Play. Take L.A. Dodgers (-170) over Florida
1-Unit Play. Take L.A. Dodgers (-1.5, +120) over Florida

Rich Vandenhurk is 0-4 with 16 runs in 19 innings in his last four road starts going back to last year, and Vandy is 2-6 in his last eight road starts. I think that the Dodgers bounce back after losing Game 1 of this series and I think that Hiroki Kuroda continues to steadily get his game back together.

1-Unit Play. Take Tampa Bay (+100) over Toronto

Just before the break Brian Tallet got hit for eight runs in three innings against the Rays. He might bounce back, but I just don’t like his stuff so I doubt it. David Price has been great at home and terrible on the road. But he is 3-0 with a 1.52 ERA in day games and Rays have won five of six in this series. That makes the Rays worth a dabble here.

1-Unit Play. Take N.Y. Yankees (-1.5, -120) over Oakland

Ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Oakland is 3-13 as a dog of -200 or greater and the Yankees are 41-17 at home. New York is red hot and is also 16-6 against a lefty starter recently and 121-50 at home against a lefty starter. Gio Gonzalez has given up 29 runs in his last 27 innings and got lit for 11 runs by the Twins earlier this week. He sucks. Andy Pettite has not been great in the day this year and has been up and down, but I'll go with the better lineup in what should really be a high scoring game.

1-Unit Play. Take #978 Boston (-1.5, +100) over Baltimore (7 p.m., Saturday, July 25)

Today's Totals

1-Unit Play. Take 'Under' 9.0 Tampa Bay at Toronto

1-Unit Play. Take ‘Under’ 8.5 Chicago White Sox at Detroit

1-Unit Play. Take ‘Under’ 8.0 Cleveland at Seattle

1-Unit Play. Take ‘Under’ 9.0 Baltimore at Boston

1-Unit Play. Take ‘Over’ 9.0 San Francisco at Colorado

Posted : July 25, 2009 12:06 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

IndianCowboy

4 Unit Play. Take the Under 9.5 between the Minnesota Twins @ LA Angels

4 Unit Play. Take Over 202 in the WNBA All-Star Game

Posted : July 25, 2009 12:10 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

IndianCowboy

4 Unit Play. Take Over 202 in the WNBA All-Star Game

Nick has an era of 3.51 and this is despite him getting rocked in Oakland for his worst start as he gave up 7 runs and 13 hits over just 5 innings. Prior to that he was 2-0 over his last two starts and I expect him to have a strong bounce-back today in LA. Granted, he is facing the Angels, but nonetheless, after giving up 7 runs in his last outing, I expect him to pitch strong today. The Angels have always faired well when Palmer starts as they are 9-2 over his last 11 starts as he returns today, and I expect them to be competitive today. Keep in mind that Blackburn is 8-2 over his last 10 starts and the Under is 5-0-1 when Blackburn is a road underdog. Palmer does have a 2.92 era in his last 9 apperances this year and I expcet him to pitch well given his relief appearances as he would certainly like to continue in this roll if it presents itself.

Posted : July 25, 2009 12:56 pm
(@biotrends)
Noble Member

Young Guns

5* Detroit
4* Philly
3* SD

Tigers his 5 Unit Play
Is a $50 Play
5 Unit Plays are 15 - 3

Posted : July 25, 2009 2:19 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Tony George
ANAHEIM ANGELS

Ron Raymond
Twins/Angels Over

Marc Lawrence
CHICAGO WHITE SOX

Mike Lineback
FOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVICE PLAYS VISIT THESPREAD.COM
Cardinals/Phillies Over

Lenny Del Genio
MINNESOTA TWINS

Bob Balfe
Milwaukee Brewers

Posted : July 25, 2009 2:39 pm
(@Chance)
New Member Guest

Street Rosenthal

* 200 Cubs
* 200 Seattle

Posted : July 25, 2009 2:45 pm
(@biotrends)
Noble Member

JEFFERSON-SPORTS

MLB MINNESOTA+105

Posted : July 25, 2009 2:55 pm
(@biotrends)
Noble Member

What do you Think
Chance ????

Bit Gun Shy
* 200 Cubs
* 200 Seattle

I like Mariners
due to Jeremy Sowers

Posted : July 25, 2009 2:58 pm
(@Chance)
New Member Guest

What do you Think
Chance ????

Bit Gun Shy
* 200 Cubs
* 200 Seattle

I like Mariners
due to Jeremy Sowers
Don't blame you as Seattle is getting killed right now. He's been on quite a streak and he has added * 200 Colorado as a free play for tonight. Go lightly

Posted : July 25, 2009 5:20 pm
(@biotrends)
Noble Member

Vic Monte

500* Astros Moneyline

Posted : July 25, 2009 6:13 pm
(@biotrends)
Noble Member

jefferson-sports

added plays
mets+122
milwaukee-130