*200 Minn
*300 San Diego

Posted : August 2, 2009 11:37 am
(@biotrends)
Noble Member
Topic starter

The Duke's Sports

LA Angels (-113) [Weaver over Perkins] for 1.5 Units *'
Angels/Twins 2:10: The Angels' bats are steaming hot carrying them on a 12-2 run since
the break. They should extend their winning run here with Weaver. Weaver did not
have a good July but he has shown a tendency to pitch well during the day (2.94 ERA);
moreover, in team starts , he is 5-1 on the road. And he controls a respectable 3.12
ERA in 5 starts vs Minnesota. On the other hand, Glen Perkins has been dominant vs
the Angels (1 ER in 16 innings); however, he sports a bloated 4.75 ERA in daytime
action and has not been in his best form. He faces an Angels team batting .363 during
their 4 game run. The Angels are also comfortable on the road vs lefty starters at 13-3.
Furthermore, they're 23-9 on Sunday and a dominant 11-1 in game 3 of a series
following a win. Angels the call.

Posted : August 2, 2009 11:42 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member

Power Play Wins
FOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVlCE PLAYS VlSlT THESPREAD.COM
New York Mets -113

Detroit Tigers -120
Colorado Rockies -136

Royals / Rays Under 8.5
Boston Red Sox -155

Pittsburgh Pirates -129
St. Louis Cardinals -1.5

Los Angeles Angels -112

New York Yankees -140
Milwaukee Brewers +110

Toronto Blue Jays -112
Philadelphia Phillies -162

Florida Marlins -126
Los Angeles Dodgers +118
Texas Rangers -167

Posted : August 2, 2009 11:44 am
(@biotrends)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Freddy Wills

Bottom Line:
Take Marlins -125 4DIME POD

I look for the Marlins to remain hot at home here today and will try to stop this slide we've been on as of late with the POD's as we have lost 3 in a row after winning 11 in a row. Marlins send Nolasco to the mound which on paper looks like the advantage points to the Cubs and Ryan Dempster, but Dempster is making just his second start coming off the DL in his first start he gave up 9H in 5 innings and 5ER to the Astros so it's the perfect time to take advantage of him still gaining his strength back. Nolasco is no slouch either as he posts a 2.09 ERA in his last 6 home starts. Marlins are now 10-2 in their last 12 as home favorites and 4-0 in Nolascos last 4 times as a favorite. They are also 9-3 vs. RH starters which they will face in Dempster. I mentioned for Dempster his second start, but the thing is he'll be making the start on a mound he's not used to which is a factor here especially when a pitcher is coming off a toe injury. He says he's 100% but who knows I'm sure he has to still build up his arm strength a bit. Either way the Cubs are just 2-12 in their last 14 games as a road dog. They are 1-11 in Dempsters last 12 road starts as the Cubbies bat just .243avg and score 4.03 runs per 9 innings vs. RHP on the road. Cubs won't get much help from home plate umpire Wally Bell as they are 6-19 in their last 25 games with him back there

Posted : August 2, 2009 11:45 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member

Nick Parsons
COLORADO ROCKIES

Posted : August 2, 2009 11:47 am
(@biotrends)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Eddie Roman

$10,000 MLB Run Line Lock #2 in a Row
BOSTON RED SOX -1.5 RUNS -105 W/ BUCHHOLZ
over BALTIMORE W/ BERKEN
$4000 Double Play
FLORIDA MARLINS -125 W/ NOLASCO
over CHICAGO W/ DEMPSTER
MILWAUKEE BREWERS +110 W/ VILLANUEVA
over S.D. W/ CORREIA
$2000 Three Team Parlay
RED SOX RUN LINE, FLORIDA AND MILWAUKEE
There's no sense to ruin a good thing. Great pitching match-up today, great team against a last place team and a lineup that is showing signs of breaking out. Yeah, I'll lay the run and a half with the Red Sox once again.
As I said yesterday, Boston has beaten Baltimore in 10 of their 12 meetings this season and one of the loss was one Boston blew a 10-1 lead. 7 of those wins have come by at least 2 runs.
Buchholz hasn't been spectacular since he has been back but he has been good. He's worked into the 6th inning twice out of his 3 starts and I do expect this to easily be his best start since being called up.
Berken, on the other hand is a disaster. Baltimore is 0-7 in his last 7 starts, 6 of which came by 2 runs. The only loss that didn't come by two runs was his lats one, against the Royals but losing a 1 run game to the Royals is like losing a 5 run game to anyone else. Out of his 12 starts this season, Berken has worked into the 6th inning just 4 times so don't expect him to last too long against a great Red Sox lineup. Also, the Baltimore bullpen , which sucks to begin with, is fried as their starting pitchers have only given them 31 innings in their last 6 starts. That's barely over 5 innings a start.
Boston is cruising now after the come from behind victory against the A's and with the addition of Martinez it's all systems go for their lineup. This should be an easy 5 run winner today which is why I'm laying the run and a half.
As for the Florida Marlins, I like this spot at home, at this price. They have a favorable pitching match-up, with Nolasco, who has been great in 5 of his last 7 starts against Dempster, who has been bombed in 2 of his last 3 outings. The Marlins are a scrappy little team, as they showed last night despite losing and I feel they will bounce back with an easy win today. The Cubs have lost Dempster's last 8 road starts and they are 1-9 in his 10 road starts this season. Florida has won 4 of Nolasco's last 5 home starts witht he one loss coming to then streaking Phillies. Good spot to play Florida here.
I'll finish up with Milwaukee and I know they have lost the first two games of this 3 game set but this is a game they need to win and I feel by hook or crook they will. The NL Central Division is starting to run away from them and with a series in LA starting tomorrow against the Dodgers, they can find themselves in a bunch of trouble by mid next week if they don't win a couple games here. They are a better team then San Diego and even though Villanueva is nothing special, nither is Correia. Could be a high scoring game but I feel the Brewers will find a way to pull it out.

Posted : August 2, 2009 11:48 am
(@biotrends)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Ben Burns

ATLANTA BRAVES (Jurrjens)-125 over Los Angeles Dodgers (Billingsley)

Reason: I'm playing on ATLANTA. After getting blanked 5-0 in Friday's series opener, the Braves bounced back with a 4-3 victory yesterday afternoon. I feel that they've got an excellent shot at building on that effort and coming away with a victory in this evening's finale. While both have strong overall stats, Jurrjens has been much better than Billingsley lately. Over his last three starts, Jurrjens has gone 2-0 with an outstanding 1.37 ERA and 0.813 WHIP. For the season, Jurrjens has a 2.51 ERA in 11 home starts, giving up only two home runs in that entire stretch. Billingsley comes in with a respectable 3.96 ERA. It used to be a lot better though, as he's been getting pounded recently. The Dodgers lost Billingsley's last start by a score of 10-0. He allowed six earned runs and issued six walks. He's now 1-2 with a terrible 9.45 ERA and 2.024 WHIP his last three starts. Billingsley has also had real problems with the Braves. In two career starts against them, he's gone 0-2 with an ugly 7.84 ERA and 2.033 WHIP. Conversely, Jurrjens is 2-0 with an excellent 1.38 ERA in two starts vs. the Dodgers. These pitchers faced each other last summer. Jurrjens was sharp. Billingsley was not. Atlanta won by a score of 9-3. With Jurrjens currently in much better form, I'm backing the Braves to do it again here. *NL Best Bet

Posted : August 2, 2009 11:51 am
(@biotrends)
Noble Member
Topic starter

David Banks

1:10 NY Mets
1:10 Col Rockies
8:05 LA Dodgers ESPN
5:05 FL Marlins (BEST BET)
2:10 LA Angels
8:05 Tex Rangers

Posted : August 2, 2009 11:53 am
(@biotrends)
Noble Member
Topic starter

KBHoops

5* San Francisco UNDER 8 **POD**
5* Atlanta UNDER 8
5* Oakland OVER 8.5
5* Pittsburgh -129
5* Florida -136

Posted : August 2, 2009 11:55 am
(@biotrends)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Street

*200 Mets

ADD
*200 Atlanta Braves -135

I look for the Braves to take another game from the Dodgers today. I have found a nice starter trend in favor of the Braves starter. Jair Jurrjens is 12-0 SU at Home and his opponent starter Lost his last start. I also have the Braves as 34-14 SU since 2004 as a home favorite after a win in which they allowed 6 or fewer hits. Take the Braves for a nice win today.

Write Up on Mets
*200 New York Mets -117

I am taking the Mets for the Win today. The Mets have looked strong lately and I think they have another good outing today. Here are severeal nice trends in our favor today. First, we have D-backs as 9-30 SU since 2004 on the road within 20 cents of pickem when they scored two or fewer runs for their starter in his last start. I also, have the Mets as 20-8 SU since 2004 at home withing 20 cents of pickem after scoing 6+ runs. Take the Mets for the Win.

*200 Atlanta
*300 Florida
*200 Minn
*300 San Diego

Minnesota Twins
I Love you Street Rosenthal
( Just Pray now the Twins Win !!! )

Posted : August 2, 2009 12:01 pm
(@Chance)
New Member Guest

Bio

I just put the rest of street's picks up with my previous post. Maybe you can put them all together. Sorry

Chance

Posted : August 2, 2009 12:06 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member

Craig Trapp
Boston Red Sox vs. Baltimore Orioles
Play: 5* Boston Red Sox -1.5
BOS seems to have fixed there issues that were plaguing them a week ago. It helps to play a very average BAL team. They have dominated this Orioles team winning 10 out of 11 this year. Bucholtz goes for BOS today and he is 1-1 this year with a 3.5 ERA. Clay can be just a dominating young pitcher and today he will dominate the O's. On the other side Berken goes to the mound for the O's and he has been horrible going 1-8 with a 6.22 ERA. Not good news for the O's that Bergen can really get banged around and now BOS is hitting. Not a close one play the R/L and feel confident. BOS must win now to keep up with the NYY and a surging TB team. SCORE BOS 7 - BAL 3

Posted : August 2, 2009 12:08 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member

MR EAST
MLB SUNDAY PLAY OF THE DAY
WASHINGTON NATIONALS @ PITTSBURGH PIRATES
The Pittsburgh Pirates have once again fielded a non-contending team, but that hasn't kept them from being a solid team at home, where they have posted a 27-19 mark on the season. The Nationals have won just 12 times on the road all season long, and lost a key cog in their offense when Nick Johnson was traded away. The Nats have had little success vs lefthand pitching as they have dropped 8 of their last 9. The Pirates have really done an exceptional job with Maholm on the hill at home logging a 19-9 mark in his last 28 starts. I'll go with the Pirates here.
PLAY: PITTSBURGH PIRATES -117 FOR 3 UNITS

(@blade)
Illustrious Member

Jamie Tursini
Dodgers at Braves
Pick: Braves -117
Both starters are good, but J.Jurrjens is outstanding and is still one of the best kept secrets in the Majors. He's only 5-4 at home but in 68 innings he's allowed only 52 hits with a WHIP of 1.18, and an ERA of 2.51. He's allowed 4 ER's in only one of his last ten starts, and a total of only 4 HR's during that stretch. C.Billingsley has struggled big as of late. He's allowed 5 ER's or more in three of his last four. In his last two road starts he's allowed 11 ER's in only 10 innings! Small price this time out with the home team.

Page 3 / 5
Share: