FOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVlCE PLAYS VlSlT THESPREAD.COM
SEATTLE MARINERS

Posted : August 23, 2009 11:33 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

JACK JONES

15* Pittsburgh Pirates -135

The Pirates just keep on rolling while the Reds seem to have totally given up on the season. Pitt has won 5 games in a row and is scoring over 5 runs per game over the past week. The Reds have lost 6 of their last 7, are 20 games under .500 for the season, and are hitting just .219 as a team and scoring about 3 runs per game over their last 7 contests. The Reds start Homer Bailey, a young prospect they have been trying to work into the rotation for a few years now. Bailey has struggled in the majors this year, going just 2-4 with a 7.53 ERA and 1.64 WHIP in 11 starts. The way the Pirates are rolling right now they are a solid bet over the Reds on Sunday.

20* No-Brainer Yankees/Red Sox Under 9
These are two very potent offensive units, but I fully expect this game to be an all-out pitcher's duel between C.C. Sabathia and Josh Beckett. Sabathia is on fire, going 3-0 with a 1.14 ERA and 0.63 WHIP in his last 3 starts. Beckett is one of the best pitchers in the majors when he's throwing at home, going 8-0 with a 2.58 ERA and 0.98 WHIP in 11 starts in Boston this year.

Posted : August 23, 2009 11:40 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Chris James Sports

2* Red Sox -116
2* Rays/Rangers Under 9
2* Tigers/Athletics Under 9

Posted : August 23, 2009 11:40 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

SportsOddsAndPicks
SAN DIEGO +150 over St. Louis
Yankees at Boston UNDER 8.5 RUNS

Posted : August 23, 2009 11:47 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

ASA

3* Angels

Posted : August 23, 2009 11:55 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

5* Sports

4* Cubs
3* Rockies
3* Boston

Posted : August 23, 2009 12:02 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

MTi Sports

5* Angles
4* Astros
4* Pitt Umder
3* Dodgers
3* Orioles Under

Posted : August 23, 2009 12:03 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Freddy Wills

TEX/TB Under 9 4 Dimes

Posted : August 23, 2009 12:12 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Dave Busk

4 Unit Pick Washington (+105) Over Milwaukee

After a good run where the Nationals were winning some games they have cooled off and lost five straight.

They look to end that streak vs. a pitcher they knock around with Manny Parra on the bump for the Brewers, the National’s tagged Parra for five runs on nine hits in six innings in a start on July 29th in Milwaukee. In three start’s vs. Washington Parra has given up 12 runs in 17 innings and three or more runs in his last five start’s, Parra has a high 6.93 road era. The Nationals send Graig Stammen the hill, Stammen has struggled himself but has settled and pitch well in his last two start’s, he has good control only walking 19 in 93 innings. I don’t think the Brewers should be a favorite in this situation and that has me on the Nationals.

4 Unit Pick Tampa Bay (-135) over Texas

Important game here in the race for the wild card. The oddsmaker opened the Ray’s as a 1.60 favorite before some betting has drove this number down and creating some value for us. The Ray’s send David Price to the mound looking for the sweep and a little revenge after he was rocked in a start in Texas. Price has been better at home then the road with a 2.82 era in eight starts. While Texas starter Scott Feldman has been good he has a lineup in front of him that has struggled vs. Left handed pitching which Price is, I expect Price to pitch well here today and help get the Ray’s in this Race.

Posted : August 23, 2009 12:13 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Malinsky

4* Florida
4* WSox RL -1.5
4* Yanks/Boston Under
3* Houston

Posted : August 23, 2009 12:14 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Vegas Informer

3 Unit Play. Take Detroit -125 over Oakland

Rick Porcello gets the ball for Detroit in today's finale and will be attempting to extend a string of strong August outings. Porcello is 1-0 with a 2.21 ERA in four starts so far this month and today we should see Detroit win this game on the road.

3 Unit Play. Take Over 8 ½ -110 NY Yankees at Boston

Runs have come in bunches and bunches over the first two battles between the New York Yankees and Boston Red Sox. So with two great pitchers on the mound tonight we again look for runs, runs, and more runs. Boston is 7-0 O/U in their last 7 games as a home favorite.

2 Unit Play. Take Atlanta -2 ½ over Los Angeles

The Atlanta Dream are 10-4 at home and a nice 5-1 against the West. The Dream are 7-1 ATS following a SU win. Los Angeles are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games against Eastern Conference teams.

Posted : August 23, 2009 12:15 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Insider Sports Report

4* Minnesota Twins

3* Detroit Tigers

3* Seattle Mariners

Posted : August 23, 2009 12:16 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Street Rosenthal

*200 Minnesota Twins -115

I am backing the Twins today with the small price. I have found several starter trends in favor of the Twins starter and several against the Royals starter. The ones in favor of Carl Pavano total 32-3 SU and the ones against the Royals starter total 2-19 SU. I also have the Royals as 7-32 SU since 2008 as a dog when they lost the last two games their starter started. Take the Twins for the win.

Posted : August 23, 2009 12:20 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Ben Burns

10* AL TOTAL OF THE MONTH (19-6 Top Play Run!)

I'm playing on Boston and New York to finish UNDER the total. The first two games of this series have both been of the high-scoring variety. I expect a much different result this evening. With the number having climbed from 8.5 to nine at many shops, I also feel we're getting excellent line value. Sabathia goes for the Yankees and he's been terrific lately. Indeed, he's gone 3-0 with an extremely stingy 1.14 ERA and a 0.634 WHIP over his last three starts, averaging nearly eight innings per outing. It should also be noted that Sabathia has seen the UNDER go 8-2-1 (or 7-2-2) in his 11 career starts vs. Boston, including 2-0 as a member of the Yankees. He allowed four earned runs or less in nine of those 11 starts, most recently tossing 7 2/3 shutout innings against them on 8/8. In that game, he allowed a mere two hits, recording nine 9 K's along the way. Beckett gets the call for the Red Sox and that should make the Fenway faithful feel optimistic. That's because Beckett is an awesome 8-0 (Sox are 10-1) in 11 home starts, recording a very impressive 2.58 ERA and 0.978 WHIP in those games. Not surprisingly, the UNDER has gone a profitable 7-4 in those games and is now 9-4-1 his last 14 home starts, dating back to last season. Beckett has also been superb in his last couple of starts vs. the Yankees. In fact, in his last two starts vs. New York, he hasn't allowed a single run, giving up a mere five hits in 13 innings, while recording 15 K's. You may recall Beckett's last start vs. New York, as it was the game which stayed scoreless all the way until the bottom of the 15th inning. Prior to that, in his most recent home start vs. the Yankees, he tossed six shutout innings. That game also stayed below the total. Even with the high-scoring results of the first two games, the UNDER is still a healthy 10-4-2 the last 16 times that these teams faced each other. I expect those numbers to improve here. (10* Top AL total)

Posted : August 23, 2009 1:07 pm
Page 3 / 4
Share: