Las Vegas Insider
FOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVlCE PLAYS VlSlT THESPREAD.COM
Astros

Posted : August 9, 2009 12:01 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jack Jones

20* No Doubt Rout on San Francisco Giants -1.5 (+115)

I'm on the Giants run line today with Matt Cain squaring off against Aaron Harang. Cain is now 12-3 on the season with a 2.25 ERA and 1.16 WHIP, including a 6-1 record with a 1.98 ERA and 1.07 WHIP in 11 starts at home. Harang has struggled this year, going just 5-13 with a 4.52 ERA and 1.44 WHIP, including a 1-7 record and 5.45 ERA in 11 road starts. The Giants have shown a boost in production on offense lately, averaging 5.6 runs per game over their last 7 games, and are now in the lead for the NL wildcard spot.

15* on Indians/White Sox OVER 10

Take the over in the Indians/White Sox with two offenses that are hitting really well and two starters that are really struggling. Cleveland starter, David Huff has a 7.45 ERA and 1.66 WHIP over his last 3 starts, while White Sox starter, Jose Contreras has a 6.00 ERA and 1.80 WHIP in his last 3 appearances. The White Sox are hitting .282 as a team and averaging 6.4 runs per game over their last 7 games, while the Indians are hitting .277 on the road this season, averaging 5.6 runs per game. This is a game that is well-suited to go over the total.

15* on Pittsburgh Pirates +135

Take the Pirates to bust out of their slump at this price with one of their better starters on the mound. Zach Duke is 9-10 on the season with a 3.45 ERA and 2.49 WHIP, but 6 of his 9 wins have come at home (6-5 overall) where he has a 3.39 ERA and 1.16 WHIP. Despite their recent struggles, the Pirates are still 28-26 at home this year, making them well worth the price this afternoon.

Posted : August 9, 2009 12:01 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

ATS Lock Club
4 Units Tenn

Posted : August 9, 2009 12:02 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Alex Smart
Rangers/Angels Over

Posted : August 9, 2009 12:05 pm
(@biotrends)
Noble Member

Blade
Hard Enough on Sunday
Going to Remove What I have Posted on Page 2
I am Out of Here

Had Jone on the Site
Highling it
You Removed
Thats Rude

Got It

NorthCoast Marque Play is on Page 1
If you Take Others Off
Why Don't you Remove Yours ???
You Blide Today Or Hung Over ???

Posted : August 9, 2009 12:10 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Chris Jordan

100♦ BUFFALO BILLS - I’m falling for the hype, I will not lie. While Terrell Owens has made the statement that tonight’s preseason opener is just another game, I know better. Hell, he knows better.

There’s no such thing when he’s involved in anything. His reality show, that made-for-TV athletic competition … anything he’s involved in – there is no such thing as just another game. So while most of the league and rest of the world will celebrate this year’s inductees, let’s not miss the big points here: the Bills, the city of Buffalo and everyone in the front office are ready to unveil the new-look offense that will try to challenge the rest of the AFC East.
And hey, though it’s all about T.O., it’s not necessarily just about T.O. This is also about quite possibly a much-improved offense, including a retooled offensive line - minus one starter (injured right tackle Brad Butler) - and a pair of highly drafted rookies – Eric Wood and Andy Levitre. Quite frankly, the Bills believe this is a much more competitive front five – a lot more nastier to be precise - than they’ve had in years. You talk about a mission, the entire offense will, at some point just before kickoff, realize this is much more than just another game.

Perhaps it will be when it sinks in that tonight caps a Bills-themed weekend after team owner Ralph C. Wilson Jr. and legendary defensive end Bruce Smith were enshrined in the Hall of Fame last night. This also marks the beginning of the NFL's season-long celebration of the 50th anniversary of the AFL, which Wilson helped found.

Head coach Dick Jauron doesn’t think it’s just another game, as he’s stated the starters will get at least a couple of series, while playing time will depend on how the game goes. Take that for what it’s worth, but you better believe that means he’s willing to play the starting trenches a little longer.
And what about quarterback Trent Edwards? He doesn’t think it’s just another game: "I think if you look at our first preseason game last year versus this year, they are entirely different. We have some new players in here, we are on a national stage, we are the only people playing and we have our owner and a great defensive end going into the Hall of Fame that played for the Bills. I think guys will be ready. I think guys will be a little more anxious and excited about it. I know I will be."

I’m taking the points with the Bills to start the preseason campaign, as Buffalo embraces a lot in front of a nationally televised offense.

100♦ YANKEES (Action) and 100♦ UNDER (WITH Pettitte and Lester) - The dagger is deep in Boston’s season, and I honestly don’t believe the Red Sox will survive after this trip to the Bronx. Not after manager Terry Francona made a terrible mistake in letting John Smoltz take the mound against a red-hot Yankees team that was on a 14-5 run heading into this series; not after Alex Rodriguez launched his team’s motivation to another level with his 15th-inning blast; not after C.C. Sabathia’s dominating performance, in which he took no-hitter deep into the game and overlooked pitching plunks to his teammates to stifle the Red Sox with sheer power.

The season might be over.

That all being said, let’s get to tonight’s clash, which you have to believe ends with a sweep for the Bombers in a low-scoring nationally televised affair. I highly doubt two experienced veterans with precision around the plate will get into a plunking war of their own when there is more important tasks at hand.

The Yankees now own the best record in baseball and would love nothing more than to extend their lead in the American League East, while further burying their arch-rivals in the division. On the flipside, the Red Sox must find a way to stop this losing madness, and getting into a bean-ball war and potential blench-clearing brawl in the Bronx won’t help. Not when you consider who could be suspended, and the fact if it’s Jon Lester throwing at a Yankee, he could receive a suspension if a fight ensued.
So, Andy Pettitte’s newfound control of his cutter will keep his outing stabilized, while neutralizing the Red Sox lineup tonight. The veteran southpaw held the Blue Jays to one run over 6-2/3 innings his last time out. And though he did reveal control issues in that outing, Pettitte struck out six batters by using his cut fastball to work ahead in counts. The win snapped a three-game skid for Pettitte.

The competition is stiff, no doubt about it, as Lester has been one of the bright spots for the Sox. The power-throwing southpaw comes in after giving up three hits and one run over six-plus (not quite a third) innings in Tampa Bay against the defending American League-champion Rays. He’s 1-1 with a 3.46 ERA in four starts since the season-intermission, while he is 4-4 with a 4.26 ERA in 11 road starts.

That last note is why I lean toward the Yanks for the sweep. But it’s the fact he has pitched twice against the Yankees this season and is 1-0 w

Posted : August 9, 2009 12:13 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

MR EAST
SUNDAY PLAY OF THE DAY
ST. LOUIS CARDINALS @ PITTSBURGH PIRATES
The Pittsburgh Pirates best chances of winning a game come when they have 2 things going for them. The first is playing at home, where they have gone from a bad team overall, to a much more than respectable team, with a 28-25 mark. The 2nd is having Zach Duke on the mound. Duke is having a good season, and enters this one with a 3.39 ERA on the season. Joel Piniero is having his best season for the Cards, but showed signs of losing what he had, allowing 7 runs in his last outing. The Cards are at their worst against lefthand pitching where they are amongst the leagues lowest scoring teams against them. I'll go with the Pirates here.
PLAY: PITTSBURGH PIRATES +150 FOR 3 UNITS

Posted : August 9, 2009 12:17 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Premier Cappers
Houston ML for 3 units at Even
I feel we have a bad line in this game today and I am going to back the better pitcher with a team that has been streaky in Houston today. We have a struggling Gallardo on the hill today he gave up 9 ER to the Dodgers his last time out and last time against Houston he gave up 6 ER. Wandy Rodriguez has quietly been the best pitcher on Houston and in his last 6 games he has not given up more than 1 ER in those starts. We are getting Houston in a good spot as well after a loss yesterday and with the Brewers having one of the worst day records in MLB we are in a good spot.

Posted : August 9, 2009 12:33 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

HalfBets

7* Cincinnati ML +160 (7*)

5* Bills +0.5 1H
We have to go take the points in this one. Tennessee is still trying to figure out which direction its taking in quarterbacks and lookin also for who will head up its new defense. We see Buffalo a more rounded team this year even if its still a preseason game without any players.

Posted : August 9, 2009 12:35 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Kelso
FOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVICE PLAYS VISIT THESPREAD.COM
15 units Tampa Rays
10 units Oakland A's
FOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVICE PLAYS VISIT THESPREAD.COM
10 units Tennessee Titans

Posted : August 9, 2009 12:41 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

The Hammer Guaranteed Selections
PRIVATE INVESTORS CLUB BASEBALL TOTALS WINNER
Cleveland and Chicago White Sox OVER 10.5

Posted : August 9, 2009 12:54 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Street Rosenthal

*200 New York Mets -133

I am taking the Mets for the Win today. I have the Mets as 18-9 SU since 2008 vs a team that has won at least their last two games and it is not the first game of a series. I also have found a nice starter trend for the Mets starter. It says that Johan Santana is 14-1 SU as an away favorite and his opponent starter lost by more than 3 runs in his last start. Take the Mets to get a win.

Posted : August 9, 2009 12:55 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jefferson-Sports
Oakland-128
Colorado-115
Milwaukee-110

Posted : August 9, 2009 1:07 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member