50* Padres -140
25* KC/Bos Over 9

Posted : May 30, 2010 10:10 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

JR O'Donnell

3* Rangers

We are fading the Twins Scott Baker 4-4 and close to a 4.50 ERA tonight as he has struggled mightily with control lately. Texas gave up a big inning last night and the Boys from Arlington will be back at it strong tonight on ESPN. The Rangers need a huge win on the road here. The Rangers counter with Derek Holland who is 2-0, 2.95 ERA and he is ready to win.The public will play the "Other" side as JR O is throwing out the poor trends for the Texas Rangers on the road. Texas is a power play winner as as the variance is 1.5 runs to the Rangers in this Sunday spot.

Posted : May 30, 2010 10:11 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Super Sports Group

8* Cleveland / NY Over 9.5

6* Indians +1.5 +130

9* Astros +185 Game

10* Oakland / Detroit Over 9

7* Mets +115

Posted : May 30, 2010 10:13 am
(@norsemann)
Estimable Member

Dave Cokin

Matchup: Baltimore at Toronto
Time: 1:05 PM EDT (Sun)
Listed pitchers must go: (R) GUTHRIE, J vs. (L) ROMERO, R

Play: Baltimore (ML +180)

The Orioles are simply awful, and they're on yet another losing streak as they close out their weekend series with the Blue Jays. But if there's a spot to take the long odds and gun for the upset, this is it. Baltimore righty Jeremy Guthrie is pitching well enough to give his team a chance to win in most starts, and while Ricky Romero is capable of slamming the door on anyone when he's right, he's also capable of getting a little wild and giving up some easy runs. For what it's worth, Romero has had troubles with the Orioles, though it's admittedly a pretty small sample. The grab here is the big dog price with a road dog trying to avoid getting swept, and that winning angle is the impetus for my taking a chance on the Orioles today.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matchup: Pittsburgh at Atlanta
Time: 1:35 PM EDT (Sun)
Listed pitchers must go: (L) MAHOLM, P vs. (R) KAWAKAMI, K

Play: Pittsburgh (ML +165)

One of the sharper plays on the diamond this season has been taking road dogs that are looking to avoid getting swept in a three-game series. Heading into Sunday's action, these teams stand 21-18. That's not spectacular in terms of winning percentage. But remember, we're talking all underdogs in this angle, and based on a one unit investment for each situation it's occurred so far this season, the net profit is between 13 and 14 units, which is absolutely sensational. Also, Paul Maholm has been strong lately for the Bucs, while Kenshin Kawakami is still winless for the entire season. I think the price is a little high just based on the starting pitchers, and factoring in the road dog angle, this looks like a pretty decent value situation. Go with the Pirates to get the Sunday upset win.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matchup: N.Y. Mets at Milwaukee
Time: 2:10 PM EDT (Sun)
Listed pitchers must go: (R) DICKEY, RA vs. (L) WOLF, R

Play: N.Y. Mets (ML +125)

The Mets continue to be horrible on the road and have dropped the first two games of their weekend set at Milwaukee. But that's not such a bad thing in terms of making this the spot to get on the Mets as dogs. As I continue to mention, road dogs trying to avoid a series sweep have been an excellent wager this season. Beyond that, I like the pitching matchup as well. R.A. Dickey probably won't stay hot for the Mets, but he's coming into this start on a nice little roll. Randy Wolf also is off a very good start. But that was against a feeble Astros attack. In fact, looking at Wolf's line so far this season, his only real high end efforts have been against Houston and Pittsburgh, not exactly what you'd call overpowering offensive entities. The Mets have a considerably stronger looking lineup against lefties, and even though Wolf sports excellent numbers against this team, I like the chances of the Mets of getting to him today. I'll again grab the underdog odds and back the Mets to pay dividends today.

Matchup: Arizona at San Francisco
Time: 4:05 PM EDT (Sun)
Listed pitchers must go: (R) KENNEDY, I vs. (R) WELLEMEYER, T

Play: Arizona (ML +106)

One more situation where I'm going to play on a road dog that's trying to avoid getting swept. From a pitching perspective, even though Todd Wellemyer has been good at home for the Giants, he's still clearly the weakest link in their rotation. On the flip side, Ian Kennedy has pitched outstanding baseball for the most part. He's only 3-3, but if not for a brutal bullpen and some tough luck to boot, he'd be a potential All-Star candidate over what he's done through the first two months of the campaign. Needless to say, there's some gamble involved here as the Snakes are on another skid, and they're a bad road team, while the Giants are very tough at home. But it's still a 1 vs. 5 pitching matchup, with the #1 getting at least a small dog price, plus the road dog sweep angle is in play as well. I'll take my chances with Kennedy and the Diamondbacks.

Matchup: Texas at Minnesota
Time: 8:05 PM EDT (Sun)
Listed pitchers must go: (L) HOLLAND, D vs. (R) BAKER, S

Play: Texas (ML +135)

Yet one more road underdog seeking to salvage the series finale, as the Twins have take the first two in this series. Derek Holland was outstanding in his first start after getting recalled, not quite so sharp subsequently. But I don't mind trying the southpaw against a Minnesota lineup that is more daunting against righty pitchers. Also, while he was much better last time out, Scott Baker has been struggling some for the Twins, so I believe he may be a little overpriced for today's contest. The main thrust is the road dogs angle that comes into play here, and as long as that keeps producing substantial profits, I'm going to ride it unless there's an overriding factor that tells me otherwise. So the Rangers at a good enough road dog price are the choice today.

Posted : May 30, 2010 10:19 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

KIKI SPORTS

2 Units Cincinnati -1.5 -105

1 Unit LA Dodgers -103

1 Unit Minnesota -145

Posted : May 30, 2010 10:31 am
Page 1 / 2
Share: