49 Posts
6 Users
0 Reactions
(@biotrends)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Al DeMarco
MULTITUDE OF FREE PREMIUM SERVICE PLAYS VISIT THESPREAD.COM
Thursday's Play 5 Dime - CHICAGO WHITE SOX (Buehrle) - 1 1/2 Runs over Kansas City (Chen)
The White Sox offense plated 23 runs in a three-game sweep at Cleveland completed last night. Chicago has averaged 6.64 runs during its current 9-2 spurt, scoring six or more in eight of those 11 contests. Tonight the Pale Hose march into Kansas City to face Bruce Chen, who last Saturday made his first major league start since August of 2006 following elbow surgery. The lefthander allowed seven hits and four runs - all earned - in 6.1 innings while losing to a light-hitting Pittsburgh team.Chicago hurler Mark Buehrle struggled in his last start against the Cubs, giving up six hits and five runs - three earned - while walking three in just 5.2 innings. He received a no-decision in that game, but it did mark another White Sox victory, their 11th in his 15 outings this season. And Buehrle carries a 19-8 record and 3.48 career ERA against Kansas City into his third start versus the Royals this season. He failed to record a decision in either of the first two outings, but pitched well enough to win both, allowing five runs in 12.1 innings.Buehrle will face a KC attack that's mustered just 26 runs in its last nine games, scoring no more than four in any of those contests.Chicago swept a three-game series at Kauffman Stadium in its first trip to Kansas City in the closing days of May. The White Sox are on a 13-4 run on the road, where they're hitting over .280 this season. And, they've scored 37 runs and batted over .300 during their current five-game winning streak with Paul Konerko (5 HR last 11 games), Jermaine Dye (.486 last nine games) and Gordon Beckham (.579 and 6 RBI in last six games) powering the offense.Considering my bankroll, I wouldn't mind playing this game on the moneyline. But, as you know, my limit is around -150 and you don't need any handicapper to tell you to bet on an overwhelming favorite in such situations, even if that line isn't that overwhelming. In reality, however, the prudent move and wise investment strategy tonight is to take the White Sox on the Run Line, making one of the hottest teams in baseball a great buy since we're laying - 1 1/2 runs. And considering they're averaging 6.64 runs in their last 11 games while the Royals have managed a total of 26 runs in their last nine, making this a Run Line release at - 1 1/2 runs is the mathematically-wise strategy.

Trend Reports
Hot & Cold Services
Hot & Cold Pitchers
Better Sports Investing thru Trends
http://www.thespread.com/forum/index.php?topic=64529.0

This is the Section to discuss Services
Not Premium Service Plays
"Leave the BS + Chatter
Out of Premium Service Plays."
Thank You

Posted : July 2, 2009 9:24 am
 ats
(@ats)
Eminent Member

ColeLandon

CIN -135

1-0

Posted : July 2, 2009 9:57 am
(@biotrends)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Trace Adams
FOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVICE PLAYS VISIT THESPREAD.COM
PAY-AFTER-YOU-WIN - 500* - NY Mets w/Redding over Maholm
The Mets have had a huge chip on their shoulder since getting swept earlier this season at PNC Park, and their 1-5 mark their last 6 certainly doesn't indicate an automatic "buy sign" today, but I like this price.New York knows how to hit Paul Maholm, as they roughed him up for 7 runs in just 5 innings back in May at Citi Field.Tim Redding's numbers sure don't look too good, but I have seen him work a few times now this season, and the guy is capable of keeping the Mets in the game.New York got off the 5-game schneid with the 1-0 win last night, I like them to take this make-up game, and return us some cabbage on the take-back.
500♦ - NY Mets w/Redding over Maholm
♦♦♦NOTE: Both listed pitchers must start, or no action on the play!♦♦♦

Posted : July 2, 2009 10:36 am
(@biotrends)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Matt Rivers

75,000* GAME OF THE DAY Plus Bonus Lock
Your winners here are on:
1. 75,000♦ Phillies
2. 50,000♦ Astros
1. Javier Vazquez has been flat out awesome of late and he is better than JA Happ but I will still take my chances and some money back here with the Fightin' Phils.It seems like Bobby Cox' team just does not hit the ball for their righthander. To be honest Chipper and the fellas haven't really been doing much damager offensively for anyone. Today they are up against a quality Southpaw in Happ that can easily have his way once again. Happ is coming off of that complete game shutout in Toronto against a very good Blue Jays offense and should be just fine here.The Phillies are not playing good ball there is no denying that but to get their upside with superstas in Howard and Utley along with Wesrth, Victorino and the overdue Jimmy Rollins gives the clear cut nod offensively to the visitors.I can't say that I love what Lidge and Madson have become lately at all leading to the inferior bullpen in this matchup but like I said on Tuesday, I just cannot pass up the defending World Champions plus some money here at a ballpark that they have owned for years. Philadelphia is still the definite better team when compared to Atlanta and in the stadium that is the second highest elevation behind Coors Field, I am all about Charlie Manual's offense today.I'm sure Vazquez will once again be very good and get his share of strikeouts but in the end the value and right side is on the Phillies.
2. Kevin Correia has been really good of late but let's be honest here, he is still "Kevin Correia". I don't care how on the righty is he is what he is and at some point will gravitate back to that mediocre at the very best hurler. When you factor that in with the horrificness of the San Diego offense I can't help but make a small play on the Astros.
Besides Adrian Gonzalez and maybe Scott Hairston and David Eckstein the Padres really do not have anything at all offensively and once again we will see just that. Sure Houston is not a very good club, I fully admit that. Their sum seems to never equal their parts as guys like Lee, Berkman, Tejada, Pence and a few others are quality ballplayers but it doesn't seem to matter as the team overall is not very good. But with that said Wandy Rodriguez is a talented lefty and should be fine here at the pitchers' paradise known as PETCO Park. I 100% understand how the lefty is usually much better at home than on the road but all in all he is still better than Correia, no matter how much hotter the Sand Diego starter is.The bottom line in this thing is that the Astros win this game a decent amount more than they lose this game constituting a value.

Posted : July 2, 2009 10:46 am
(@biotrends)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Dominic Fazzini
10 Dime -- PIRATES (Maholm) over Mets (Redding)
NOTE: List only Maholm as Pittsburgh's starting pitcher
Pirates left-hander Paul Maholm (5-4, 4.35 ERA) got belted by the Mets on May 9, allowing seven runs on 10 hits over five innings in a 10-1 loss.However, Maholm has been relatively successful in his career against New York, going 3-2 with a 3.65 ERA in six starts. He catches the Mets at a good time, as they have scored three runs or less in six of their last seven games.Maholm has been sharp in six home starts this season, at 3-1 with a 1.96 ERA, including a two-run, five-hit performance over seven innings Friday in a 6-2 win over Kansas City.Right-hander Tim Redding (1-3, 6.35) will take the mound for New York, and he has not fared well against Pittsburgh, going 0-1 with a 6.38 ERA in five outings. Pirates shortstop Jack Wilson is 10-for-26 (.385) against him.Redding gave up five runs on six hits, including two homers, in 5 1/3 innings Saturday in a 5-0 loss to the Yankees.The Mets and Pirates are tied for last in the majors in homers (49), so the ball should stay inside PNC Park. With New York riddled with injuries, I’ll give the edge to Pittsburgh’s offense now. And Maholm on the mound definitely gives it the edge. Go with the Pirates.

Posted : July 2, 2009 10:49 am
(@biotrends)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Doc's Sports
4-Unit Play Take #960 Chicago Cubs -150 over Milwaukee Brewers (8:05p.m.)

Posted : July 2, 2009 10:55 am
(@biotrends)
Noble Member
Topic starter

THE PREZ
6* DBACKS UNDER

Posted : July 2, 2009 11:02 am
(@biotrends)
Noble Member
Topic starter

KBHoops
5* Kansas City +130 **POD**
5* Arizona +120 Early game
5* San Francisco +123
5* Baltimore +142
5* Seattle +270

Posted : July 2, 2009 11:07 am
(@biotrends)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Ron Raymond
RON RAYMOND’S 5* MLB O/U GAME OF THE WEEK
Pick # 1 San Francisco Giants / St Louis Cardinals Under 9.0 -125

RON RAYMOND'S WINNIPEG VS. EDMONTON WINNER!
Pick # 1 Winnipeg Blue Bombers (9.5)

Posted : July 2, 2009 11:09 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member

Jamie Tursini
FOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVlCE PLAYS VlSlT THESPREAD.COM
New York Mets vs. Pittsburgh Pirates
Play: Pittsburgh Pirates
I like this price backing Maholm at home.

The lefty has been outstanding at home. 3-1 with an ERA of 1.96, and a WHIP of 1.09. The Mets did rough him up at New York earlier, but that doesn't worry me vs this banged up club.
T.Redding is 0-1 on the road with an ERA of 5.32, and a WHIP of 1.68.

The Mets are off a road trip at Milwaukee, with 0 days rest.
Pittsburgh is now playing in their 10th straight home game.
Take the Pirates.

Posted : July 2, 2009 11:16 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member

Tom Stryker
MLB Strong Situation Smoker - 10-1 Run!
ST.LOUIS CARDINALS

Posted : July 2, 2009 11:17 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member

JACK JONES
15* Orioles/Angels OVER 9.5
This game could get messy with a couple of good offensive units, volatile starting pitchers, and struggling bullpens. Jeremy Guthrie has thrown well over his last three starts, but on the road this season he is just 2-3 with a 6.96 ERA. Angels starter, John Lackey, has suffered from a similar fate, earning a 2.86 ERA in his last 3 starts, but posting a 5.28 ERA in his two starts at home this season. Moving to the bullpen we see a Baltimore squad that has a 5.28 ERA on the road this season, and an Angels relief staff that has a 5.21 ERA at home. Offensively, the Angels are averaging just over 5 runs per game, including averaging an incredible 7.7 runs per game over their last 7 games. Baltimore hasn't had quite as much success, averaging 4.7 runs per game this season and 5.6 runs per game in their last 7, but it's clear that they are also a team that is producing runs at a high rate right now. Jump on this Over.

Posted : July 2, 2009 11:25 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member

RatedPicks
SF Giants/ST Louis Cards OVER 9
AZ D'Backs/Cin Reds UNDER 9
Chi WhiteSox RunLine -1.5 +130

Posted : July 2, 2009 11:37 am
(@biotrends)
Noble Member
Topic starter

IndianCowboy
4 Unit Play.* Take the Under 9*Milwaukee Brewers @ Chicago Cubs (Thursday @ 8:05pm est). The Brewers are 42-36 on the year and they have been playing decent ball this year. Seth McClung has stepped in when asked of him and has done a decent job this year as he is 3-1 with a 3.55era.* What I like about McClung here is that the Cubs really have not gotten a look at him and it will take them at least one go around in the lineup to see his stuff again.* Consequently, I expect him to do well and he is likely to only pitched 5 to 6 innings at the most today which plays well to the under. The Cubs roll with Dempster who comes off a non-quality start givingup 5 runs in in 5 innings of work against the Whitesox.* Ryan had 5 straight quality starts prior to this non-quality start and I expect him to pitch well coming off that rough outing to their in-state rivals. A trend that I liked that went along with the play is that McClung is 9-1-1 over his last 11 games to the Under when the total is set at this mark and the Under is 5-1 to the Under when Dempster faces a team with a winning record - as he shows up against the better teams in the league.

4 Unit Play.

Take Over 160 between the Sacramento Monarchs @ Minnesota Lynx (Thursday @ 8pm est).

Let's build off yesterday.* Simply because we do not have a play on one game does not mean we do not pay attention to what goes in the league.* There are teams that are similar to each other and gauging one set of performances, leads to opportunities for us to hit the value of lines for another set of performances.* Such is the case as the Monarchs roll into Minnesota.* Remember, when Sacramento faced Phoenix earlier this season and their style of play - they not only beat Phoenix at home by a score of 90-71 (161), but scored 194 points in regulation against the Mercury on the road. Considering that Minnesota and Phoenix are similar types of teams with a run and gun offense (Minnesota averages 85.3 ppg and gives up 82.2ppg), I like the over here as if the games in Phoenix can go over, the line here certainly has some value given that the Lynx put up just as many points. Heck, the Lynx put up 109 points at home against Phoenix.* Also keep in mind that the Monarchs have gone over in their last 2 games on the road and given that the line is just -5.5 for the Lynx at home, it indicates to me that the Monarchs are likely to be an active dog today and the public might take a bath backing the Lynx ATS here. The Over is 7-0 for the Lynx following a straight up win and the Over is 8-2 for the Monarchs in their last 10 games.

Sorry Lost second Play
Got it back

Posted : July 2, 2009 11:43 am
(@biotrends)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Bob Balfe
Cardinals -135 over Giants
Wellemeyer/Zito

Posted : July 2, 2009 12:20 pm
Page 1 / 4