CHRIS JORDAN

300* Texas Rangers

Posted : May 20, 2010 11:33 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jim Feist

Inner Circle - LA Angels

The Angels come to town with the better offense and face up and down Jake Peavy (5.37 ERA). The former ace has his team just 4-4 in his 8 starts. The Angels are aggressive on the base paths and face a Chicago team that is 2-4 its last 6 games, including a 3-2 Angels win last night. In those last four losses, Chicago was favored in three of them. LA righty Ervin Santana has turned a corner, with a 3.66 ERA his last three starts, with few walks and 18 Ks in 19 innings. The Angels are very competitive, going 4-3 their last 7 as a dog, losing two of the games by one run each time, plus winning last night. LA has more than enough offense to pull the upset and the better starter. Play the LA Angels.

Posted : May 20, 2010 11:43 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

5* Sports

4* Twins
3* Reds
3* TB
3* SD

Posted : May 20, 2010 11:51 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jim Feist

Inner Circle - LA Angels

25* GOY - Philadelphia Phillies

15* Early Walk Off - Detroit Tigers

Posted : May 20, 2010 12:04 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Steve Budin

25 Dime - Pittsburgh Pirates +110

Posted : May 20, 2010 12:05 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

KIKI SPORTS

1 Unit Cincy +145
1 Unit NY Mets +110
1 Unit Tampa Bay +140

Posted : May 20, 2010 12:51 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Matt Fargo

Giants at Diamondbacks
Pick: Diamondbacks +162

This is the ultimate contrarian play. Arizona won the first game of this series last night by a 13-1 score and a game like that can go a long way in turning around what has been a disappointing season. The Diamondbacks are seven games under .500 and that can be attributed to a recent seven-game losing streak and they have gone 3-2 in the five games since then. The Giants have not been doing much of late, going 5-7 in their last 12 games and after starting the season 4-1 on the road, they are just 5-8 in their 13 games since. San Francisco goes with their ace Tim Lincecum and that is what is making this a huge contrarian play. He is pitching outstanding and while going against him may seem like suicide, the value here is tremendous. San Francisco is 7-1 in his eight starts with the last two both coming by just a single run. In nine starts against Arizona, all nine have been quality outings yet the Giants are just 5-4 in those games. The Diamondbacks counter with Rodrigo Lopez who is having an incredible turnaround season. After making just five starts last season and not even pitching in 2008, he has been a very pleasant surprise. He has had only one bad start this season when he allowed six runs against the Phillies, the team he pitched for last season and that was a big edge for the Philadelphia offense because of the familiarity. Since then three of his last four starts have been quality outings and for the season, five of his eight trips to the mound have been quality performances. He has a 3.81 ERA on the season including 3.15 in six nighttime starts. The Diamondbacks also fall into a fantastic underdog situation. Play on home underdogs with a starting a pitcher who gave up one run or less in his last outing on a team that is hitting .240 or worse over their last 10 games. This situation is 83-52 (61.5 percent) over the last five seasons. 9* Arizona Diamondbacks

Posted : May 20, 2010 1:42 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Steam On-Line Guaranteed Selections

INSIDE LATE STEAM BASEBALL WINNER

Detroit w/Bonderman +100

Posted : May 20, 2010 1:43 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Executive

250% Boston

Posted : May 20, 2010 2:53 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

The Consensus Group Guaranteed Selections

DIAMOND CONSENSUS BASEBALL EASY MONEYMAKER

Texas w/Feldman -144

Posted : May 20, 2010 2:54 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Rocco Vincintore Guaranteed Selections

PREFERRED PLAYERS CLUB BASEBALL UNDERDOG DOMINATOR

Houston w/Oswalt +130

Posted : May 20, 2010 2:54 pm
(@singledigits)
Eminent Member

Dave Cokin

Matchup: Toronto at Seattle
Time: 3:40 PM EDT (Thu)
Listed pitchers must go: (L) ROMERO, R vs. (L) VARGAS, J

Play: Toronto (ML -118)

Good matchup on the mound as the Blue Jays and Mariners wrap up their two-game set. Ricky Romero has been strong for Toronto and is off his first career complete game win. Jason Vargas has been a big surprise for the Mariners, and continues to put forth quality starts. But if the mound comparison is about even, nothing else is. The Blue Jays are the vastly superior offensive team, and they're playing very well on the road. Seattle just cannot mount any kind of offense, and the Mariners have now lost nine of their last 10 home games. The price here is completely acceptable to me, so I'll go ahead and look for the Blue Jays to score another win.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NOTE FOR GAME BELOW ANGELS/WSOX: THERE WAS A PICHING CHANGE - PEAVY IS NOW LISTED INSTEAD OF BUEHRLE. I POST ONLY TO INFORM IN CASE YOU SEE THE PLAY SOMEWHERE ELSE.

Matchup: L.A. Angels at Chi. White Sox
Time: 8:10 PM EDT (Thu)
Listed pitchers must go: (R) SANTANA, E vs. (L) BUEHRLE, M

Play: L.A. Angels (ML +110)

The Angels got the job done for me last night, and I'm right back on them this evening. Ervin Santana is a little prone to the long ball, but he's been fairly reliable overall this season. The same cannot be said for Mark Buehrle, who opened the season with a pair of wins but has really struggled subsequently. In fact, ever since the perfecto last summer, it has been a rocky road for Buehrle. He's gone only 4-12 and the Chisox are a woeful 6-15 when he starts. Buehrle has also had a bad time with the Angels throughout his career. The win on Wednesday was a good one for the Halos, and I like them to finish off the sweep tonight.

So the Angels are not a play then?

Posted : May 20, 2010 2:57 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Dave Cokin

Good matchup on the mound as the Blue Jays and Mariners wrap up their two-game set. Ricky Romero has been strong for Toronto and is off his first career complete game win. Jason Vargas has been a big surprise for the Mariners, and continues to put forth quality starts. But if the mound comparison is about even, nothing else is. The Blue Jays are the vastly superior offensive team, and they're playing very well on the road. Seattle just cannot mount any kind of offense, and the Mariners have now lost nine of their last 10 home games. The price here is completely acceptable to me, so I'll go ahead and look for the Blue Jays to score another win.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NOTE FOR GAME BELOW ANGELS/WSOX: THERE WAS A PICHING CHANGE - PEAVY IS NOW LISTED INSTEAD OF BUEHRLE. I POST ONLY TO INFORM IN CASE YOU SEE THE PLAY SOMEWHERE ELSE.

The Angels got the job done for me last night, and I'm right back on them this evening. Ervin Santana is a little prone to the long ball, but he's been fairly reliable overall this season. The same cannot be said for Mark Buehrle, who opened the season with a pair of wins but has really struggled subsequently. In fact, ever since the perfecto last summer, it has been a rocky road for Buehrle. He's gone only 4-12 and the Chisox are a woeful 6-15 when he starts. Buehrle has also had a bad time with the Angels throughout his career. The win on Wednesday was a good one for the Halos, and I like them to finish off the sweep tonight.

According to the writeup no they aren't a play, but don't let me stop you singledigits. ;D

Posted : May 20, 2010 3:03 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

The Duke's Sports

ChiSox (-135) for 2 Units

Jake Peavy is in a groove after starting poorly with his new team (ChiSox). Peavy controls a 2.31 ERA over his last 3 starts (3-0) with a sterling WHIP of 0.69; moreover, he's getting run support of 5+ runs - from a team that has trouble producing runs. We'll look for his mates to continue to manufacture runs as they should tee off on Ervin Santana, who has been highly inconsistent this season. Santana looked good in his last start vs Oakland; however, the Angels are just 1-4 in Santana's last 5 starts following a quality start in his last outing. Furthermore, the Angels are just 2-5 in Santana's last 7 road starts. Santana has not thrown well vs Chicago (5.18 ERA in 5 starts) and the Angels' bullpen has not been closing very well. The 'Sox have shown resiliency at 8-2 off a loss and should deliver in this spot.

Posted : May 20, 2010 3:13 pm
(@norsemann)
Estimable Member

Dave Cokin

Hey Singledigits, I've been getting/posting Cokin's plays and he has indeed been smokin': 14-3 legit. Hopefully Toronto will hold on but as for the Angels play, the pitchers changed since Cokin made the play however I've seen other cappers still liking the match-up even tho Peavy is pitching for the White Sox and I have a play on it... but by no means don't let me sway you on it. But tomorrow for Cokin's record it will be marked as "No Action Due to Pitching Change"

Posted : May 20, 2010 4:11 pm
Page 2 / 3
Share: