Free Picks : Premium Service Plays for Tuesday August 4, 2009

40 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Dominic Fazzini

15 Dime-- Marlins(Johnson) -1 1/2 runs over Nationals(Martin)

Note: List only Johnson as Florida's starting pitcher

Florida's starter Josh Johnson (10-2, 2.87 ERA) is one of the hottest pitchers in baseball right now.

The right-hander is 3-0 in his last 3 starts posting quality wins against the Braves and Dodgers. He seems to always go deep into games and I expect the same effort from him today.

Washington's starter J.D. Martin(0-2, 7.50) has only appeared in two starts but has been roughed up a bit none the less. The right-hander has given up 15 hits and 10 runs in his two starts against the Brewers and Mets.

I expect the Marlins to roll over the Nats tonight with the pitching mismatch and Florida's bats starting to heat up. Take the Marlins on the run-line.

Posted : August 4, 2009 3:06 pm
(@biotrends)
Noble Member

Trace Adams

1500* - Tampa Bay w/Garza over Lester

Yes, Boston comes in with 4 wins in a row, but beating up on a crappy Baltimore team, and going into Tropicana Field and trying to beat up on Tampa is a different story.The Rays are on a bit of a roll of their own, as yesterday's win over Kansas City makes it 4 of 6 in the win column.Tampa has held the upper hand at home against the BoSox, as they have won 3 of 4 this year, and are now 11-2 during regular season play against Boston since last year.Also consider the Rays have rocked Boston starter Jon Lester to a tune of 13 runs in 9 innings in Lester's 2 starts against Tampa - both losses for the lefty!Lester has allowed 9 runs his last 20 innings of work, so expect Tampa to tee-off on him once again.Matt Garza counters, and he has had Boston's number of late, going 3-0 his last 5 starts against them, allowing just 7 earned runs in 34 innings of work.Tampa is looking up at Boston in the East standings, but with a 34-18 home mark, I like their chances in this critical game tonight.
1500♦ - Tampa Bay w/Garza over Lester

♦♦Note: Both listed pitchers must start, or no action on the play!♦♦

Posted : August 4, 2009 3:10 pm
(@biotrends)
Noble Member

Wunderdog

Pick: 3 units on New York Yankees +1.5 runs -170 (runline) (risk 3 to win 1.8)
Pick: 3 units on Chicago Cubs +100 (moneyline) (risk 3 to win 3)
Pick: 3 units on Los Angeles Angels -140 (moneyline) (risk 3 to win 2.1)
Pick: 3 units on Los Angeles Angels -1.5 runs +120 (runline) (risk 3 to win 3.6)
Pick: 3 units on Los Angeles Dodgers -120 (moneyline) (risk 3 to win 2.5)
Pick: 3 units on Los Angeles Dodgers -1.5 runs +180 (runline) (risk 3 to win 5.4)

Posted : August 4, 2009 3:12 pm
(@biotrends)
Noble Member

WINSPORTSNOW

Parlay Club Report
Dodgers-120
Bluejays-140
Marlins-170

Posted : August 4, 2009 3:18 pm
(@biotrends)
Noble Member

Jake Timlin

400 Florida Marlins
List both Johnson and Martin as starting pitchers or play is void
Take the Marlins tonight to get this series off to a good start.Florida leads the series this season 9-0 and i expect them to make it 10 straight against the lowly Nationals. Josh Johnson is on the hill tonight looking to continue his recent hot streak. He is won his last 3 decisions and will make it 4 straight after tonight.On the other hand, J.D. Martin looks for his first win tonight and let's face it he is just another triple A pitcher in the bigs. I expect him to get shelled early and often tonight and with his 7.50 ERA in two starts, he has no chance against Josh Johnson.Simply, this is my NL Pitching Mismatch for a reason and this game has 8-1, 9-2 written all over it. Take Marlins on the run line.

All Florida.

Posted : August 4, 2009 3:32 pm
(@biotrends)
Noble Member

SeaBass

300* Marlins 1.5 Runs
100*under Diamondbacks
100*under Orioles

100* Steam Play Angels

Posted : August 4, 2009 3:36 pm
(@biotrends)
Noble Member

Eddie Roman

$10,000 MLB Total of the Year #7
OVER 9 RUNS CHICAGO
AT CINCINNATI
(GORZELANNY VS. CUETO)
Honestly, what can we expect from Tom Gorzelanny tonight. This guy hasn't started a game since September of last season and he hasn't pitched more then 2 innings in a game this season so if this guy gives the Cubs any significant amount of innings tonight, I will be surprised. Cincinnati, even though they haven't been hitting the ball well as of late, should be able to at least put 3 to 5 runs on the board tonight and if they do that, this game is probably an easy winner because I would think the Cubs, who have been scoring runs at will lately, have to hit Cueto.
This guy has been miserable in 6 of his last 8 starts and I don't expect him to be all that good tonight. Chicago should get to him early and often and to be honest, if the Cubs were throwing any sort of decent pitcher in this game, I would have loved them but I just cannot trust Gorzelanny. As bad as the Reds have been hitting the ball in their last 10 games, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they got to him early tonight and I like I said, I expect the Cubbies to do the same thing to Cueto.
Look for Cincinnati to break out of their slump tonight and look for the Cubs to continue their hot ways on offense. Should be an easy over in this one.

$5000 AL Central Game of the Week
MINNESOTA TWINS -140 W/ BAKER
over CLEVELAND W/ HUFF
Baker has been one of the hotter pitchers in the league as he has allowed just 4 earned runs in his last 19 innings of work and the last time he saw Cleveland, he allowed just 6 hits and 2 earned runs in 7 innings of work in what was an 11-3 victory for the Twins.
Huff has been very bad in his last 6 starts, allowing 28 earned runs in his last 35 innings of work. Also, with the Twins coming off being swept by the Angels at home, they need to get back to winning and beating a Cleveland team that they are better then is something they have to do. Better team, better pitching match-up, the price might not be great but as a secondary play, I feel the Twins are well worth it.

Posted : August 4, 2009 3:53 pm
(@biotrends)
Noble Member

Matt Rivers

75,000* NEAR PICK-EM LOCK Plus Bonus Lock Your winners here are on:
1. 75,000♦ Cubs
2. 50,000♦ Astros

1. Sure Johnny Cueto is far more trustworthy than Tom Gorzelanny but to get the Cubs right now at this point in the season at this bargain basement price is well worth having the disadvantage on the mound.Gorzelanny is a guy that had a breakthrough season in Pittsburgh a few years back and regressed in ridiculous fashion right after. I don't know why that happened as the lefty was even sent down to the Minors but now with a fresh new start I can see the good Gorzelanny show through a bit here as he tries to impress his new mates. I'm not asking him to outpitch Cueto but Lee, Soriano, Ramirez and the surging Cubbies pretty much should outhit the totally fading and untalented Reds.Chicago still does have some deficiencies as that bullpen at times can implode and I'm not saying that I have the utmost confidence in Gorzelanny but to get the visitors from the Windy City at around a pick is just too solid of a price to not give it a go on. Cincinnati has turned into mush since the Break and besides Joey Votto is a whole lot of nothing.The first inning will be big as we will need our lefty to get through it without issues and if he does watch out because this price may turn out to be the steal of steals!

2. The Astros have hit a wall of late with the injuries to Oswalt and Berkman and are fading fast making the playoffs pretty much a thing of the past for sure but this price is good enough for me. Yes I know Bud Norris shut down the Cardinals in that upset win on Sunday but that was not an indication to me of how this team has been of late.Let's face it, the no-hitter by Jonathan Sanchez was a fluke. The guy put it all together for one night, possibly even selling his soul to the Devil but really may not even be a Major Leaguer. I'm not saying that Felipe Paulino is the next coming of Cy Young because he's not and the righty is returning from an injury so you cannot expect much at all but at this price with all of the righty bats on the 'Stros like Lee, Tejada, Pence and others I will back the home boys against the very very mediocre southpaw in Sanchez.San Francisco has had a really good season but without Lincecum or Cain on the mound they are not good at all. The offense is still weak even with the acquisitions of Freddy Sanchez and Ryan Garko and here on the road without one of their aces are flat out a bad baseball team. Seriously, look at this team's road record to begin with and then factor in how they are with any other hurler but Lincecum or Cain. Now realize that we are getting a pick or so at MinuteMaid with Houston? Come on!?!?!?

Matt Rivers Record
Plus his 100,000 LOCK
Red Section
http://www.thespread.com/forum/index.php?topic=65113.0

Posted : August 4, 2009 4:28 pm
(@biotrends)
Noble Member

Evan Altemus

Selection: TAMPA BAY -121
Profile: This game features two excellent young starting pitchers. Jon Lester has been hit hard by Tampa Bay this season, giving up 13 runs on 18 hits in his 2 starts against them. He has also pitched much worse on the road this year, getting hit hard at Oakland, Cleveland, Minnesota, and Seattle. Meanwhile, Matt Garza has dominated the Red Sox in his three starts against them this year. In those starts he gave up 4 runs total with a 21/6 strikeout to walk ratio, while going at least 7 innings in every start. I look for him to have another excellent performance against them at home today, where he has traditionally had his best stuff. Lester had a less than stellar outing in his last start at home to Oakland, and I look for him to get hit hard tonight. These teams also have had a strong home/road dichotomy this season, just like last year, so this price is very cheap for Tampa Bay. Look for them to get the win.
3 UNIT SELECTION

Selection: CHICAGO +101
Profile: Chicago's newly acquired lefty, Tom Gorzelanny, gets the start for Chicago since coming over from Pittsburgh. He is an excellent starter who should be very motivated to finally pitch for a winning team. Gorzelanny should also have no problem dominating a Reds team that has really struggled to hit lately and is mired in a losing streak. Meanwhile, Chicago faced Reds righty Johnny Cueto just a few weeks ago, so they will be fully familiar with his stuff and should have a very good idea at how to attack him. Cueto is also in very poor current form, allowing 2 base runners per inning and posting a 6.88 ERA in his last 3 starts. The Cubs are playing well lately, and they get to face a struggling team with an overpriced, struggling starter that they faced just a few weeks ago. Look for the Cubs to blowout the Reds.
2 UNIT SELECTION

Posted : August 4, 2009 4:36 pm
(@biotrends)
Noble Member

Street Rosenthal

*200 Los Angeles Angels -140
I am taking the Angels for the Win tonight. I have found several nice starter trends in our favor. First we have John Lackey as 15-0 SU since 2004 season when his team won by more than 4 runs in their last game and they are away and line is less than -200. I also have Jose Contreras as 0-7 SU when he is a Dog and at least his last 2 games he started have gone under. The Angels are 40-13 SU since 2004 as a road favorite after a win in which the allowed 6 or fewer hits. Take the Angels for the Win Tonight.

*200 Tampa Bay Rays -122
I have multiple trends that lean to a Rays win tonight. However, this play is focusing on fading the public tonight. Take the Rays for the win tonight.

*200 Houston Astros -110
I am going back to the Astros to win over the Giants tonight. I have found several nice trend in favor of a Astros win. First, I have a nice starter trend against the Giants starter. Jonathan Sanchez is 0-11 SU since 2007 season as the away starter and his opponent started has more than 90 strikes in his last start. I also have the Giants as 9-23 SU since 2006 on the road within 20 cents of pickem when they are off a loss in which they held the lead. I also have the Giants as 5-18 SU since 2008 on the road vs a team that has won at least their last two games. Finally, I have the Astros as 21-5 SU since 2007 SU within 20 cents of pickem when they are off a win in which they came back from a deficit and it is not the first game of a series. Take the Astros for the win.

Posted : August 4, 2009 4:55 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

TIM TRUSHEL

Featured Play: Kansas City +100

Detroit Under 9

Posted : August 4, 2009 5:02 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Alatex
FOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVICE PLAYS VISIT THESPREAD.COM
Clev Under 9

Posted : August 4, 2009 5:12 pm
(@biotrends)
Noble Member

Fairway Jay

KC +100

Posted : August 4, 2009 5:15 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Donnie Black
FOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVICE PLAYS VISIT THESPREAD.COM
Mets Under 7

Posted : August 4, 2009 5:22 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Brian Edwards

Brewers at Dodgers
Pick: Over 8

The Dodgers smacked around Yovani Gallardo a few weeks ago, reaching him for five runs in five innings in a 7-4 win at Milwaukee. These teams combined for 11 runs last night in a 6-5 Brewers' win in which L.A. has the bases loaded with two outs in the ninth. The 'over' improved to 29-22 for Milwaukee on the road when it hit last night.

Posted : August 4, 2009 5:23 pm
Page 2 / 3
Share: