FOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVlCE PLAYS VlSlT THESPREAD.COM
Chicago Cubs -117

Posted : July 28, 2009 8:59 am
(@biotrends)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Fantasy Sports Gametime

MLB Baseball
1000* Play Atlanta (-115) over Florida (NL GAME OF THE YEAR)
Atlanta has won 12 of the last 16 games and they have also won 35 of the last 52 games when playing with a day off. Jair Jurrjens has won 6 of the last 7 games vs. division opponents and he has also won 20 of the last 27 games coming off a team win. Jair Jurrjens is 3-0 over the last 3 starts with an ERA of 1.37. Florida has lost 12 of the last 17 games as a home underdog of +100 or higher and Ricky Nolasco has an ERA of 5.33 this season.

50* Play Colorado (-135) over NY Mets (MLB BONUS PLAY)
Jason Marquis has won 5 consecutive road games when the total posted is between 7 and 8.5 runs and he has also won 3 of the last 4 games vs. NL East Division Opponents. Jason Marquis has an ERA of 1.64 over the last 3 starts. Mike Pelfrey has lost 4 consecutive games as a home underdog of +100 or higher and he has also lost 3 consecutive games vs. NL West Division Opponents.

50* Play Minnesota (-125) over Chicago White Sox (MLB BONUS PLAY)
Minnesota has won 11 of the last 14 games when playing on a Tuesday and they have also won 18 of the last 26 games as a home favorite of -125 to -175. Minnesota has won 17 of the last 24 games after having lost four or five of the last six games and Scott Baker is 2-0 over the last 3 starts with an ERA of 3.72. Chicago has lost 4 of the last 5 games and they have also lost 26 of the last 34 games when playing on artificial turf.

50* Play Arizona (-125) over Philadelphia (MLB BONUS PLAY)
Arizona has won 2 of the last 3 games and they have also won 3 consecutive games when the total posted is 7.5 runs or less. Dan Haren has won 12 of the last 16 games when the total posted is between 7 and 8.5 runs and he has also won 12 of the last 15 games in the month of July. Dan Haren has won 10 of the last 13 games as a home favorite of -125 to -150 and he is also 2-0 over the last 3 starts with an ERA of 2.05.

WNBA BASKETBALL
50* Play Indiana (-7
) over Washington (WNBA TOP PLAY)
Indiana has won 25 of the last 29 games as a home favorite of 6.5 to 9 points and they have also won 4 consecutive games coming off a loss by 15 points or more. Indiana has won 5 consecutive games when playing with three days or more of rest and they have also won 7 of the last 8 games vs. Washington

Posted : July 28, 2009 10:29 am
(@biotrends)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Ben Burns

9* Personal Favorite
Arizona

Posted : July 28, 2009 10:35 am
(@biotrends)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Alfred Kelley

TAKE BOSTON RED SOX -230

Posted : July 28, 2009 10:38 am
(@biotrends)
Noble Member
Topic starter

HalfBets
Premier Cappers

New York Yankees ML –137 for 4 units (Best Bet)
Tampa has been struggling recently while the Yankees are playing their best baseball of the season right now. Tampa has done very bad against lefties as of late getting no hit by Buerhle and then getting dominated by two lefties in Toronto. Now they are getting in my opinion on of the better left handed starters in the AL win CC Sabathia whom is (10-6 3.67 ERA). The Yankees have been the opposite of the Rays doing very well against left handed starters hitting .290 at a team and .306 away from home this year. Kazmir will be taking the mound for Tampa and his struggles are plenty losing velocity on his fast ball and his breaking balls being straighter is the reason for his struggles. Kazmir is 4-6 for the year with a 6.69 ERA and he struggled against the teams that have hit lefties well this season giving up 5 runs to the White Sox, 7 runs to Toronto, 7 runs to Oakland, 7 runs to Cleveland, 6 runs to Baltimore and 8 runs to the Twins. Those where the games that he got destroyed in and in only 2 starts this year he has given up less than 3 runs. Kazmir had pitched even worse at home being 1-3 with a 9.50 ERA. When the Yankees gave CC all that money these are the big games that he was brought to the Yankees for and I see his stepping up his game today and doing well. The Yankees are 9-3 in their last 12 road games and 41-17 their last 58 games as a favorite. The Yankees are 5-2 in their last 7 game in Tampa and trust me when I say there are always a lot of Yankees fans that go to these game being a 40% share in Tampa. I believe we are getting a good price and a great spot for the Yankees today to continue their dominance winning 10 out of their last 11 games overall.

Added
NY v. Tampa Bay 7pm
PICK: Yankees RL +115 (7*)

KC v. Baltimore 7pm
PICK: Royals ML +110 (7*)

Posted : July 28, 2009 11:32 am
(@biotrends)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Robert Ferringo

2-Unit Play. Take #905 Colorado (-125) over N.Y. Mets
Just backing the better team here and Pinata Pelfrey has been a mess for the Mets recently. Pelfrey’s ERA for the season is now 5.00 – which is awful – and over his last four outings his ERA is a robust 8.03. Colorado should jump all over Pelfrey, who has won just three times in his last 10 outings. The Mets have had trouble all year with quality right-handed pitching and I think that Jason Marquis will keep the ball down and in the ballpark tonight.

2-Unit Play. Take #916 San Francisco (-130) over Pittsburgh
Barry Zito usually does work after the All-Star break and he has a good spot here. The Giants were all over the Pirates last night in San Fran and should have won by a lot greater margin than they did. Pittsburgh is just 19-47 on the road and a feble 13-48 on the road against a lefty starter. The Giants were shut down by Chuckles Morton in Pittsburgh last week. I don't see that happening again.

1-Unit Play. Take #901 Atlanta (-115) over Florida
The road team has been the play in this series, as the visitors have won all five meetings this year and six of seven overall. Also, the Braves are 5-3 in their last eight games in Florida so they happen to play well there. I think that the Braves are a little hotter right now and that they have the edge coming into this series. Ricky Nolasco is 1-4 in his career against the Braves and hasn’t seen the new-look lineup yet. I like the Bravos to keep rolling and to get the first game in this series. The Braves are 37-17 after an off day and the Marlins are 2-8 with rest. Also, Florida is just 3-12 as a home dog.

1-Unit Play. Take #917 N.Y. Yankees (-135) over Tampa Bay
The Yankees are hot and they continue to pound away at left-handed pitching. They have won seven of eight on the road against a lefty and they have won five of seven overall in Tampa. Scott Kazmir just has not been the same guy this season. He has a 9.50 ERA at home and a 6.69 ERA overall. He has just been too up-and-down to be considered reliable in a big spot here. C.C. Sabathia has won four of six starts and posted a quality outing in six of eight starts. Sabathis is 7-1 in his career against the Rays and I’m just going to ride the hot team here.

1-Unit Play. Take #908 Milwaukee (-1.5, +100) over Washington
Looking for a bounceback out of the Brewers, who are sinking like a stone. We’ve seen a 40-cent bounce on this line and I think that might be an indicator that the Brew Crew is going to come to play today.

1-Unit Play. Take #928 L.A. Angels (-1.5, -110) over Cleveland
Would really love to go higher on this one because I think David Huff is terrible. And I know we should have won last night but the Angels bullpen – once again – choked it away. However, Cleveland is getting hot. They have won five straight and are finally starting to play like the team I thought they would be earlier this year.

1-Unit Play. Take #912 St. Louis (-115) over L.A. Dodgers
Chad Billingsley just has not been himself over the last month or so and now he’s being mentioned in trade rumors. Tough times. He has given up 24 runs in his last 34 innings (a 6.35 ERA) and right now the Cardinals are just playing better, more confident, baseball. St. Louis is 35-16 in Adam Wainwright’s last 51 starts and 19-8 when he starts at home. Further, the Cardinals just seem to have the Dodgers’ number. St. Louis is 35-16 in the last 51 meetings and 25-8 when they play near the Arch. That’s 70 percent in this series overall, 70 percent with Wainwright overall, 75 percent in St. Louis, and momentum is on our side against an up-and-down pitcher.

Today's Totals
1.5-Unit Play. Take ‘Over’ 9.5 Oakland at Boston
1-Unit Play. Take ‘Under’ 8.5 Atlanta at Florida
1-Unit Play. Take ‘Under’ 8.5 Pittsburgh at San Francisco
1-Unit Play. Take ‘Under’ 7.5 Philadelphia at Arizona
1-Unit Play. Take ‘Under’ 8.5 Colorado at N.Y. Mets
1-Unit Play. Take 'Under' 9.0 N.Y. Yankees at Tampa Bay
0.5-Unit Play. Take ‘Under’ 8.0 Houston at Chicago Cubs
0.5-Unit Play. Take ‘Under’ 9.5 Detroit at Texas

Posted : July 28, 2009 11:40 am
(@biotrends)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Kikí Sports

2* on NYY -1.5

Posted : July 28, 2009 12:04 pm
(@biotrends)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Smart - Money

#909 UNDER in Houston/Chicago.
WNBA
UNDER in #608 Los Angeles/Minnesota

Posted : July 28, 2009 12:05 pm
(@biotrends)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Triple Crown Sports

4 Unit Play Under 8.5 Marlins
( Jurrjens Vs Nolasco )

Posted : July 28, 2009 12:14 pm
(@biotrends)
Noble Member
Topic starter

WINSPORTSNOW

ROUND ROBIN PARLAY
Parlay Club Report
Yankees-135
Over 9.5 Royals
Redsox-1.5 runs(-115)

Yesterdays Results
Parlay Club
http://www.thespread.com/forum/index.php?topic=64979.0
Winning Parlays found here
http://www.thespread.com/forum/index.php?topic=64942.0

Posted : July 28, 2009 12:19 pm
(@biotrends)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Platinum Plays Win

Tuesday Selections
Marlins+115
Under 9.5 Reds
Over 7.5 Dodgers
Over 9.5 Royals
Twins-125
Over 9.5 Angels

Posted : July 28, 2009 12:27 pm
(@biotrends)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Chris Jordan

Trifecta
300♦ RED SOX RUN LINE
(WITH Buchholz over Mazzaro) - While ace pitcher Josh Beckett became the American League’s first 12-game winner last night, Boston snapped out of a slump with 14 hits in an 8-3 win over the visiting Athletics in the series-opener. Boston ripped at least one hit in each inning and finished with its highest hit parade since tallying 16 on June 30 in Baltimore. And quite frankly, I am expecting to see a duplicate performance tonight in facing Vin Mazzaro, who is 0-3 in his last three starts, to go along with an 8.76 ERA.The 22-year-old right-hander, who is 2-7 with a 4.75 ERA, has been ripped in his last two starts specifically, getting tagged for 14 runs and 18 hits over 7-1/3 innings. Since winning his first two big-league starts, Mazzaro has gone a putrid 0-7 with a 6.31 ERA in eight outings - losing his last six. And Oakland, which is 1-9 in its last 10 games in Boston, has lost seven of 10 and 27 of 42 since early June. Putting it bluntly, this is a team that is playing terribly and is in a bad spot this week, in having to face the rugged American League East. This is all Boston once again, as it wins by a bundle.

300♦ RANGERS (Action) - The Rangers lost the first six meetings with the Tigers this season to drop to 3-14 against them over the last three years. Last night Tommy Hunter settled into his start and led Texas to its seventh victory in eight games, and first win over Detroit of the 2009 campaign. What’s important to note is how the home team has dominated this series, and that’s our focus today – the home team in this series. Texas rolls in on additional runs of 5-0 at home, 19-7 at home against southpaw starters and 5-2 when hosting teams with a losing road record.I’m not listing either pitcher in this one, but it’s important for me to note that Vicente Padilla could have an easy time against a Detroit team that has scored three runs or less in eight of its last 11 games. Texas has won 10 the right-hander’s 16 starts this season. And, Detroit is in on losing streaks of 1-4 against the American League West, 0-4 on the road against right-handed starters and 0-6 on the highway. Home team gets the money today boys, play Texas.

300♦ GIANTS (LIST Zito and Morton) - I am the first to admit, I am not a Barry Zito fan. But I don’t let personal feelings get in the way of my handicapping. And tonight I am a big Zito fan, as he is in revenge for a July 18 loss to the Pirates and right-hander Charlie Morton. Now understand, it’s not as if the southpaw didn’t pitch well, he turned in a quality start, tossing 6-1/3 innings, yielded just two earned runs, scattered six hits and struck out four. The Bucs simply got out in front and the Giants provided no support whatsoever … that was that. And to Zito’s defense, he’s received no runs of support in four of his last eight starts overall.With this one back in San Francisco, and the Bucs coming in after being stymied by National League All-Star starter Tim Lincecum, who struck out a career-high 15, I’m going to bank on Zito to get revenge. The Pirates are sitting in the cellar of the National League Central and have lost three in a row. They also come in mired in losing ruts of 1-4 as an underdog, 1-5 versus the National League West and 1-6 against southpaw starters. Lay the home chalk.

Posted : July 28, 2009 12:51 pm
(@biotrends)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Tony Salinas

26* Cardinals {A.Wainwright} (-115) over Dodgers {C.Billingsley}
25* Indians {D.Huff} (+210) over La Angels {J.Weaver}
25* Bluejays {M.Rzepczynski} (+110) over Mariners {J.Washburn}
26* Whitesox {M.Buehrle}/Twins {S.Baker} UNDER 8½ Runs

Posted : July 28, 2009 12:53 pm
Page 1 / 4
Share: