3* Boston/Washington Under 6

Posted : October 19, 2010 2:29 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bill Marzano

Rangers at Yankees
Pick: Rangers +138

I really like the Texas Rangers in this game vs the NY Yankees...for everyone who has been following my picks, thank you and as you all know I have Texas +400 in this series and +850 to win the World Series...I'm sorry I didn't back Texas yesterday and I went with the Under instead costing us dearly...if not for the Yankees imploding in the ninth, we were cashing another easy winner...tonight's game is huge for both teams...AJ Burnett has struggled this year and down the stretch to say the least but he has pitched well vs Texas...I think the long layoff and the way Texas is swinging the bats, NY is in for another long night...the Yankees are also struggling at the plate...N.Swisher is 1-for-11, M.Teixeira is hitless in 11 AB's and Alex Rodriguez is just 2-for-13...the Yankees are 0-11 in Burnetts last 11 starts vs. a team with a winning record...the Rangers are 7-0 in their last 7 games as a road underdog...I like Texas

Posted : October 19, 2010 2:32 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Wayne Root

Billionaire - Philadelphia Phillies

Posted : October 19, 2010 2:46 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

KELSO

10 Units Philadelphia Phillies -115

10 Units Texas Rangers +135

Posted : October 19, 2010 2:48 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

KIKI SPORTS

2 Units Texas/ NY Yanks Over 9.5
1 Unit San Fran +105
1 Unit Phily/ San Fran Under 6.5

Posted : October 19, 2010 2:52 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jennifer Barry

10* Texas / New York Over

Posted : October 19, 2010 3:00 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Frank Patron

Philadelphia Phillies -110

Posted : October 19, 2010 3:01 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

BIG AL

Our selection is on the New York Yankees over the Texas Rangers. The Rangers have wrested home field advantage back from the Yankees with - surprise, surprise - another dominating performance by lefthanded ace Cliff Lee on Monday night in the Bronx. The Yanks have bitten the bullet and re-installed righthander A.J. Burnett into the rotation and he's goes to the hill tonight to try to keep this series within range for his team. Many may assume that, given the rough season he had, Burnett will get his cap handed to him tonight by the likes of Hamilton, Kinsler, and Guerrero, but before we pronounce a 3-1 series lead for Texas we should keep in mind the following: In last season's World Series the Phillies took a 1 game to none lead in the Bronx after a complete game thrown by - you guessed it - Cliff Lee. The next game's starter for the Yankees threw a gem in a must-win situation in game two to keep them in the series, which they eventually won. The starter who did that? None other than A.J. Burnett. So let's not be so fast to write off the 33-year-old. For the Rangers part, they have also made a change to their post-season rotation, and will go with righthander Tommy Hunter tonight instead of usual #3 starter Colby Lewis. This could be a sign that the Rangers don't respect Burnett much, as Hunter has not done very well against the Yanks in his career (0-1 with a 6.75 ERA in two starts). Take the Yankees.

Our selection is on the Texas Rangers and New York Yankees 'over' the total. `The story in this series has been relief pitching, or more accurately, the lack thereof. The starters for both teams have done their jobs for the most part, but bullpen meltdowns from the Rangers (game one) and Yankees (game three) have taken low-scoring games and turned them into big run-producing affairs. Tonight could be a little bit different as it could be the starters, and not the relievers, who get knocked around a bit. The Yankees have added righthander AJ Burnett to the rotation after omitting him from the short series against the Twins, and Burnett struggled pretty much all season for this team and the Ranger hitters are very much aware of this. Righthander Tommy Hunter won 13 games with a very nice 3.73 ERA for the Rangers this season, but he has struggled in his career against New York, going 0-1 with a 6.75 ERA in two career starts against them covering just over nine innings. Hunter is no stranger to runs, as the over is 8-3 in his last 11 starts overall. And with the eight runs scored on Monday night (thanks to another bullpen meltdown) the over is 7-2-1 in New York's last 10 games and 5-1-1 in the last seven meetings of these two teams. Take the 'over.'

Posted : October 19, 2010 3:56 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Rocketman

3* Carolina +180

Carolina has played all road games so far this year while San Jose is off a home loss against Atlanta back on Saturday. Carolina is 2-1 in non-conference games this year. Carolina is 1-0 at San Jose the past 3 years. Hurricanes are 5-1 in their last 6 games following a loss of 3 or more goals. Hurricanes are 18-8 in their last 26 games as an underdog. Sharks are 1-4 in their last 5 games playing on 2 days rest. Sharks are 1-5 in their last 6 after scoring 2 goals or less in their previous game. Sharks are 1-6 in their last 7 overall. We'll play Carolina for 3 units tonight!

Posted : October 19, 2010 3:59 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Craig Davis

20 Dime Yankees

Posted : October 19, 2010 5:14 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share: