1-Unit Play. Take ‘Under’ 8.5 Seattle at Tampa Bay

0.5-Unit Play. Take ‘Over’ 9.5 Baltimore at Toronto

Posted : September 22, 2009 11:30 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Indian Cowboy

4 Unit Play. Take Under 9 between St. Louis vs. Houston

The last 7 games between these two teams have gone under except the step out game I had yesterday it seems. No worries as we look to keep the $2000+ rolling in September baseball. I like both of these pitchers on bounce-backs today. Pineiro who has been lights out this year comes off a bit of a rough outing against the Marlins. He went five innings and gave up four runs on 10 hits in a game the Cardinals lost at home. Prior to that he pitched a gem going 7 innings and giving up 1 earned run but also picked up the loss in a 0-1 game vs. the Braves. I expect him to get back on track here today versus Houston. In that same token, Yorman Bazardo had a bit of a dissappointing start against the Reds on the road as the Astros fell short 5-6 and he picked up a no-decision. He starts at home in front of the fans this time out which is a bit of an anomaly for him and if he would like to stay in the rotation, he needs to make an impression today. The Under is 9-2-1 in Pineiro's last 12 starts against this total and the Under is 12-3-1 for the Astros as a home dog by this margin.

Posted : September 22, 2009 11:30 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

BEN BURNS

**AFTERNOON ANNIHILATOR!**

FLORIDA MARLINS (Johnson)-145 over Philadelphia Phillies (Blanton)

Reason: I'm playing on FLORIDA in Game 1 of today's double-header. It's true that the Phillies have dominated the Marlins here this season. However, they certainly haven't dominated today's starter, Josh Johnson. Indeed, Johnson is 1-0 with an awesome 0.69 ERA with 14 strikeouts in 13 innings against the Phillies this season. The Phillies did beat the Marlins when they faced Johnson here earlier - however, that wasn't Johnson's fault, as he tossed seven shutout innings, allowing only three hits. Johnson then dominated the Phillies at Philadelphia, winning 12-3 in early August. Off a great start at St. Louis, Johnson is now 15-4 (Marlins are 21-9) with a 3.01 ERA for the season. That includes a 7-2 record with an awesome 2.45 ERA and 1.057 WHIP here at home with the Marlins going 11-4. It should also be noted that Johnson is a perfect 6-0 in his daytime starts. Blanton has had a fairly solid season. That said, his numbers don't compare to Johnson's and his success has come largely at home. In fact, he's just 3-4 in 13 road starts with a mediocre 4.52 ERA. The Phillies were just 5-8 (-4.4) in those games. His last road start saw him get rocked by the Nationals for eight runs in only 4 2/3 innings. It should also be pointed out that Blanton has a decent 3.59 ERA at night but a poor 5.15 ERA during the day. I expect Johnson to continue his success and for the Marlins to finally win a home game in this series. *6 Annihilator

Posted : September 22, 2009 12:01 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

HalfBets

8* Phillies +130 G1

7* Brewers -105

2 Team Parlayfor $200 pays $640

Yankees +110
Mets RL ev

Posted : September 22, 2009 12:42 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Payne Sports

Florida -140 for 9 units and Johnson must go! Game 1

This is a complete mismatch and Florida is in must win mode. They are almost out of it, but they need wins and this is a must with ace Johnson going today in the opener. Johnson in his last 3 starts is 2-0 only allowing 13 hits in 16 innings and getting pulled early against St Louis with a cushioning lead. He pitched well against Philly last time out and I expect the same today. Take Florida today as they get this must needed win at the small price.

Posted : September 22, 2009 12:43 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Chris Jordan

400♦ ATLANTA BRAVES RUN LINE (LIST Jurrjens and Figueroa)

It’s a given the Braves will not win the National League East. But with how competitive things are out West, and the fact the Giants, Rockies and Dodgers could easily beat each other up and create an avenue for Atlanta to cause some issues in the wild-card race, I have to believe this is a great team to watch for value over these final couple of weeks.

Just looking at the following schedules, I’d be optimistic if I were a Brave, knowing I play the Mets twice, the Nationals a total of seven times and the Marlins thrice. Other than the Fish, the Braves could conceivably go 9-0 in the other games. The Giants, who are just ahead of the Braves in the wild-card race, still have a tough three-game set in Arizona, then host the Cubs for four and the Snakes for another three before ending with the Padres. The wild-card leading Rockies have the Padres (who aren’t a slouch in division games) and then have tough assignments with the Cardinals, Brewers and Dodgers. Again, if I were a Brave, I’d be stoked about my chances of climbing the wild-card standings.

It begins with this blowout win over the Mets, led by the pitching prowess of Jair Jurrjens, who has a 1.64 ERA in his last three starts and despite a 12-10 record on the year has a respectable 2.75 ERA for 2009. The right-hander just dominated this same Mets team on Sept. 17, tossing seven innings, scattering six hits, giving up just one earned run and striking out five. He’s 5-1 with a 2.62 ERA in seven career starts versus the Mets, including 3-0 with a 1.69 ERA this season.

The Braves, who have won nine of 11 overall, have won six straight in this NL East clash by an average margin of 8-2.5; this year they hold an 11-5 edge. This one should be just as easy in facing Nelson Figueroa, who is 0-3 his last three times out with a 6.61 ERA. For the season, the Mets’ right-hander is 2-6 with a 5.21 ERA in seven starts and six relief appearances. The team is 1-6 in games he’s started, and 2-11 in all the games he’s appeared.

Lay the run line here, as the Braves are playing for a return to the postseason.

Posted : September 22, 2009 1:53 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bob Balfe

Pirates -110 over Reds
Duke/Cueto

Posted : September 22, 2009 2:01 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Tony Bruno Wins

10x Phillies vs Marlins Over 2nd Game

Posted : September 22, 2009 2:17 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Craig Davis

75 DIME - ROCKIES (With de la Rosa) -1 1/2 RUN LINE over PADRES (With Mujica)

Posted : September 22, 2009 2:18 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Paul Leiner

100* Tigers -135
50* Pirates -115
25* TB/Sea Over 8.5

Posted : September 22, 2009 2:26 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

DESTROY THE BOOK SPORTS

10* NYYy/LAA Over 10.5
10* Atlanta -165
7* Detroit -121
7* Oakland -130
5* Phillies +113 GM 2

Posted : September 22, 2009 2:29 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Larry Ness

20* SF

Insider LAA

Posted : September 22, 2009 3:12 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Tim Trushel

20* KC Under

Posted : September 22, 2009 3:42 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Doc's Sports

4-Unit Play Take OVER 9½ RUNS #920 Toronto Blue Jays Baltimore O’s

2-Unit Play Take Cincinnati Reds +105 over Pittsburgh Pirates

2-Unit Play Take UNDER 8½ RUNS #926 KC Royals Boston Red Sox

Posted : September 22, 2009 4:08 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Lenny Del Genio

25* GOY Milwaukee over Chicago

We were pretty much reading the disappointing Cubs their last rites after the Milton Bradley suspension, so we were quite stunned to see them win 10-2 in Milwaukee in Monday’s series opener. The loss snapped a five-game win streak for the Brew Crew and what made it really surprising is the fact the Cubs are averaging just four runs per game on the road this year. Looks like a bounce back tonight for Milwaukee, as they remain the hottest team in the NL over the past ten days (8-2, +$780) while Chicago has been just miserable in road night games vs. righties this year, losing $935. Brewers starter Dave Bush is heading in the right direction down the stretch while Cubs starter Randy Wells is fading. Bush has posted a 3.20 ERA over his last three outings while Wells is at 5.93 over the same span. Bush has a 22-10 team start record in home games vs. teams with a winning record in his career. The Cubs 10 run scoring output yesterday was just the fourth time they reached double digits since July 31st and the 14 hits was a season high. The team BA of .256 is 22 points lower than last year’s 97-win club. In other words, we look for them to go cold again tonight. Milwaukee is our 25* NL Central Game of the Year.

Posted : September 22, 2009 4:09 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: