LA Angels

Posted : September 8, 2009 4:03 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Tony George FOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVICE PLAYS VISIT THESPREAD.COM
FOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVICE PLAYS VISIT THESPREAD.COM
ST. LOUIS CARDINALS

Nick Parsons FOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVICE PLAYS VISIT THESPREAD.COM
CHICAGO WHITE SOX

Evan Altemus FOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVICE PLAYS VISIT THESPREAD.COM
ST. LOUIS CARDINALS

Opposite Action PlaysFOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVICE PLAYS VISIT THESPREAD.COM
TORONTO BLUE JAYS

Marc Lawrence FOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVICE PLAYS VISIT THESPREAD.COM
PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES

Lenny Del Genio FOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVICE PLAYS VISIT THESPREAD.COM
PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES

Bob BalfeFOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVICE PLAYS VISIT THESPREAD.COM
PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES

Posted : September 8, 2009 4:08 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Adam Meyer

6 Units St. Louis Cardinals -130

6 Units Colorado Rockies -1.5

5 Units Oakland Athletics +140

Posted : September 8, 2009 4:09 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

DESTROY THE BOOK SPORTS

10* TB/NYY Over 10.5
7* Toronto -108
7* Milwaukee +114
7* LAD -180
5* Balt/Boston Over 9.5
5* Oakland +135

Posted : September 8, 2009 4:10 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

IndianCowboy

5 Unit Play. GOTW. Take Under 8.5 Minnesota @ Toronto

You can always learn a lot from a game based on the line that is set for it. You notice both of these teams are set as small favorites? This is because both pitchers are expected to pitch well for the most part, but it shows more respect to the pitcher who is on the road to get the minus money. Brian Duensing is a talent from the University of Nebraska who is finally having an impact this year. He is 2-1 on the year with a 3.81era. He comes off back to back quality starts where he has given up just 1 run over his last 14 innings. His last start against the Whitesox was solid but the Twins still fell short 2-4 and he picked up a no-decision. I look for him to be just as sharp today. Romero comes off back to back losses as he has had a rough go of it lately facing the Yankees and Redsox in back to back games. I look for him to get back on track today. In his last two starts at home he has given up just four runs in 12 innings and I look for a bounce-back from him today. The Under is 5-0 for the Twins as Underdogs of late and the Under is 4-1-1 for the Jays against the AL Central of late.

Posted : September 8, 2009 4:11 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

ROBERT FERRINGO

2-Unit Play. Take ‘Over’ 8.5 Minnesota at Toronto

I love the ump and I love the hitting-pitching matchup here. Brian Duesning is not going to be good enough to withstand Paul Schrieber's small zone and I think that Minnesota's offense can be effective enough to score on Ricky Romero, whose confidence has to be a little rattled after some poor outings. Love the number and think this one gets 'over'.

1.5-Unit Play. Take #912 Colorado (-1.5, -125) over Cincinnati

Colorado has been slamming at home and I think that they will get all over rookie Matt Maloney today. Maloney has an ERA of nearly 8.00 in his last three starts and this is the soft-tosser's first start in Colorado.

Posted : September 8, 2009 4:12 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Street Rosenthal

*300 New York Mets -105
I am taking the Mets as my big play tonight. I think they win this home game vs the Marlins. I have the Mets as 16-5 SU since 2004 at home within 20 cents of pickem after a win and it is the first game of a series. I also have the Mets starter Tim Redding as 9-1 SU in game one of a series and the Mets had more than 4 strike outs in their previous game. Take the Mets for the win.

*200 Philadelphia Phillies -141
I have the Phillies as 25-5 SU since 2005 as a 140+ favorite after a loss in which they had a higher team left on base than their opponent as a favorite. I also have the Phillies as 19-5 since 2007 as a 140+ favorite after a loss in which they allowed 5+ walks. Finally, I have the Nationals as 0-12 SU since September 2008 vs a team that has lost at least their last three games. Take the Phillies for the win.

*200 Chicago White Sox -148
I am taking the White Sox for the win tonight. I have a nice starter trend against the A's Pitcher Brett Tomko that is 0-15 SU since 2005. The Trend states that when Brett Tomko starts as away dog and line greater than 120 and the A's previous starter allowed no homer runs they are 0-15 SU. I also have the White Sox as 33-14 SU since 2006 at home vs a team that has won at least their last two games. Take the White Sox for the win.

Posted : September 8, 2009 4:13 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

KBHoops
5* Detroit -158 **POD**
3* Cubs -114
3* Angels -116

Posted : September 8, 2009 4:32 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

TONY BRUNO WINS

30X CUBS

Posted : September 8, 2009 4:33 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

ALATEX

TOTALS PLAY GOM

20* Milwaukee Under 9

Posted : September 8, 2009 4:34 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Billy Coleman
5* Dodgers -1.5
3* Yankees -1.5

Posted : September 8, 2009 4:39 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Seabass

50* Philadelphia
50* Minnesota
20* White Sox
20* Atlanta
20* St. Louis

Steam 100* Chicago Cubs

Posted : September 8, 2009 4:55 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jack Jones

20* No Doubt Rout Philadelphia Phillies -144

Take the Phillies to bust out of a 4-game losing streak against the Washington Nationals. The Nats are beyond bad, even at home where they are just 28-41 on the season. The Phillies are 41-27 this season on the road, including 5-1 at the Nationals (10-2 overall against them). Pedro Martinez starts for the Phillies, and while he hasn't exactly been outstanding, he has been a solid addition to the rotation, going 3-0 with a 3.52 ERA, including a 3.00 ERA and 1.00 WHIP in his last 3 starts. Nats' starter John Lannan has been good for his team at home, but he is 0-1 (Washington is 0-3) over his last 3 starts with a 8.59 ERA and 1.70 WHIP. Phillies get things turned around against a team they have simply dominated this season.

Posted : September 8, 2009 5:05 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

HALFBETS

8* Florida v. NY OVER 9.5

7* Minnesota v. Toronto OVER 9

Posted : September 8, 2009 5:51 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Sid Paradise

6* Play of the Day!
Cubs vs. Pirates +104
The Pirates secured their 17th straight losing season yesterday at the hands of the Cubs. This happens to be the worst of all time! With so much hype surrounding that stat I believe the Pirates will come out a bit fired up tonight. Pirates starter Zack Duke has pitched well this season vs the Cubs despite not coming away with a win (0-2 with a 3.38era). The problem for Duke vs the Cubs this year is the lack of run support, only 4 in 3 outings. There should be a bit more opportunity to score today as the Cubs send Ryan Dempster to the hill. Dempster's only start vs the Pirates this season was not pretty, giving up 6 runs through 4 innings but received a ND, while the Cubs took the loss. Look for this one to be tight early on but Dempster will fade in the middle innings and the Pirates should hold off the Cubs late rally to win a much needed game.
Pick- Pirates +104 (6* play)

Padres vs. Giants -270
The total in this one is ridiculously low at 6.5. I know both of these teams struggle to score runs and the Giants are sending Lincecum to the hill who is as tough as anyone to score off of. With a total that low Vegas is baiting you to take the over. Pound the under and wake up with a little extra cash in your pocket!
Pick- UNDER 6.5 (+105) 4* play

Rays vs. Yankees -152
I am going to recommend this one as a small play. I just have a hunch that the Rays are going to get it done. I would put it for a bigger play but the Yanks have been so hot, which I guess has been the case all season long. Prince looked good for the Rays in his last road start and the Yanks have their 5th starter on the hill tonight. If there were a time to pick against the Yanks it would be tonight.
Pick- Rays +137 (2* play)

Posted : September 8, 2009 5:55 pm
Page 2 / 3
Share: