100* Steam Tigers -1.5

Posted : August 19, 2009 4:37 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

ROBERT FERRINGO

2-Unit Play. Take L.A. Angels (-120) over Cleveland
FOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVICE PLAYS VISIT THESPREAD.COM
You all should know how I feel about Jeremy Sowers by now. The Angels are just a solid all-around team and they just happen to rock left-handed pitching. They are 35-16 overall against southpaws and are an automatic play against a lefty starter. The Angels are also 21-6 on the road and they are 13-3 in Jared Weaver's last 16 starts. In fact, the Angels are 5-2 in his last seven starts against the Tribe. This play should be rated much, much higher. But I respect how hard the Indians have been playing and I think something is a little off about the line. But not off enough to get me away.

2-Unit Play. Take N.Y. Yankees (-135) over Oakland
Here we are going to back the better team on the short line again. The Yankees are 10-2 in the last 12 games against the A's and they are 37-14 overall. If I see them at less than -160 I'm making a move on them. Why not? They have been wrecking people for the last two months. The Yankees have seen, and beaten, Brett Anderson this year. And after a strong start Anderson has posted a 5.51 ERA in his last five starts. Yankees eat up southpaws and I think they get the job done.

1.5-Unit Play. Take Colorado (-155) over Washington
Just like the Yankees and Angels, the Rockies have been one of the best bets in sports over the last two months. They are a silly 46-22 in their last 68 games, so why wouldn't we be on them against the worst team in baseball? Rockies are 20-6 against the Nationals and 11-5 in Jason Marquis' last 16 starts.

1.5-Unit Play. Take Texas (-130) over Minnesota
I like the Rangers to win this series and that would require a strong performance out of Kevin Millwood today. I have held out for the Twins for weeks now, but the fact of the matter is that they suck. They are 5-12 in their last 17 and they have been one of the worst road teams in the league. Scott Baker has had all kinds of trouble this season and he is just 1-8 as an underdog (1-7 as a road dog). Kevin Millwood is 21-8 in his last 29 home starts, and facing a Twins lineup likely sans Justin Morneau I like him to get another 'W'.

1-Unit Play. Take Tampa Bay (-1.5, -120) over Baltimore
Rays are 9-1 in their last 10 hosting the O's and they are 24-8 overall. Baltimore just can't beat other A.L. East teams. All Jeff Niemann has done lately is win. He is 12-4 in his last 16 starts and has been one of Tampa's best pitchers this year. The Rays are 37-14 at home and the O's are just 7-21 overall.

1-Unit Play. Take Florida (-110) over Houston
Florida is staying hot. They are 10-2 in their last 12 games and they have a nice edge in the pitching matchup. This club is 27-9 as a favorite and they are 7-1 in their last eight against the Astros. I don't see them letting up after a nice win last night, and the Astros just continue to struggle against N.L. East teams.

1-Unit Play. Take Atlanta (-175) over N.Y. Mets
Braves pissed away a 4-0 lead last night. I don't get it, but I have no problem going against the Mets again today. The Mets are doing the quintessential "Bet on a team that just lost its best player" maneuver. But I'm going to ignore that and back Jair Jurrjens, who should dominate the Mets lineup tonight. Right now the Mets are basically the Pirates, only worse. Braves gotta get one of these games and I think Chipper Jones will victimize New York again.

Today's Totals

2-Unit Play. Take ‘Under’ 9.0 Minnesota at Texas

2-Unit Play. Take ‘Under’ 8.5 Seattle at Detroit

2-Unit Play. Take ‘Over’ 7.0 St. Louis at L.A. Dodgers

1.5-Unit Play. Take ‘Over’ 8.5 San Francisco at Cincinnati

1.5-Unit Play. Take ‘Under’ 8.5 Atlanta at N.Y. Mets

1.5-Unit Play. Take ‘Under’ 7.5 Arizona at Philadelphia

1-Unit Play. Take ‘Over’ 10.0 L.A. Angels at Cleveland

1-Unit Play. Take ‘Over’ 9.5 Baltimore at Tampa Bay

Posted : August 19, 2009 4:40 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Tim Trushel

20* Red Sox Under

Posted : August 19, 2009 4:42 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Mike Neri Sports
FOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVlCE PLAYS VlSlT THESPREAD.COM
Philadelphia w/Lee
Risk 1 Unit to make .62 Units
FOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVlCE PLAYS VlSlT THESPREAD.COM
OVER 10.5 LA Angels and Cleveland
Risk 1 Unit to make .91 Units

Posted : August 19, 2009 4:44 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Kelso

15 Units Rockies RL

10 Units Angels ML

Posted : August 19, 2009 4:47 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I gotta go and run some errands for work guys,if you see something go ahead and post it.

Posted : August 19, 2009 5:22 pm
(@jasper)
Reputable Member

Teddy Covers

Orioles/Rays under

Posted : August 19, 2009 5:41 pm
(@jasper)
Reputable Member

Drgurusports

Dr. Guru
12* Colorado -145

Big Daddy
10* MIN/TEX UNDER 9.5

Coglye West
12* Detroit RL -1.5

Bond
12* LA Angels -120

VIP CLUB
STL/LAD UNDER 7.5

Posted : August 19, 2009 5:42 pm
(@jasper)
Reputable Member

Premier Cappers

Florida ML –113 for 3 units

Florida is the hottest team in the NL that no one is talking about they are 10-2 in their last 12 games overall. Houston is 3-7 in their last 10 games and now they are giving up it looks like by trading Ivan Rodriguez to the Rangers. Houston is going to be starting a pitcher that has not started in the majors since 2007 today and I think the hot Marlins team is going to take advantage of a Houston team that is struggling. Florida is 7-1 in their last 8 meetings against Houston. The Marlins are 27-9 in their last 36 games as a favorite while Houston is 3-8 in their last 11 games against a lefty starter and 0-4 run in this situation.

(@jasper)
Reputable Member

SSG/Halfbets:

Chicago v. San Diego 10pm
PICK: Cubs RL +100 (8*) Best Bet

Adding:

Giants v. Reds 7pm
PICK: UNDER 8.5 -105 (7*)

(@blade)
Illustrious Member