2* Angels -115

2* Reds +102

Posted : August 25, 2010 12:28 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

BIG AL

ELITE INFO - ASTROS / PHILLIES UNDER

Lefthander J.A. Happ's 2-2 record and 4.62 ERA in his five starts with the Houston Astros is a bit misleading. Out of those five outings, only one (the second one at St. Louis) was bad but unfortunately for him, it was extremely bad to the tune of seven earned runs in just one inning, so it skews his numbers quite a bit. All of Happ's other four starts were quality outings where he went at least six innings and gave up three or fewer runs. Happ's ERA in those four starts is a solid 2.22 and he's surrendered only 12 hits in the 24 1/3 innings comprised in those four. This will be Happ's first return to Philadelphia since he was traded by them at the deadline in the deal that brought Roy Oswalt over to the Phillies. Unfortunately for Happ and his teammates, it's the "other Roy" that they will be facing tonight, and no matter how effective Happ has been since coming to Houston, his numbers can't compare to those of righthander Roy Halladay, but then again, almost nobody's numbers can. Halladay is having a Cy Young caliber season and he has found his new home ballpark especially to his liking. His overall numbers of 16-8 with a 2.16 ERA are certainly great, but his home stats of 10-4 and 1.84 in 15 starts are even better. If Houston can get even a single run on the board tonight they will consider that a success against this guy. MLB Elite Info play on the 'under.'

Posted : August 25, 2010 12:29 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

WAYNE ROOT

Millionaire - TB Rays

Posted : August 25, 2010 12:30 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

DAVE COKIN

Solid Gold - Tampa Bay Rays

Chicago Cubs

Posted : August 25, 2010 12:30 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

MTi Sports

4'* Dodgers
4* W Sox
4* Padres

Posted : August 25, 2010 12:33 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

SEABASS

200* Yankees
150* White Sox -1.5
150* Giants Under
100* Cubs
50* Rockies

100* Steam Boston Under Game 1

Posted : August 25, 2010 12:43 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

The Duke's Sports

LA Angels (-105) 1.5 Units

Angels have a degree of resiliency, especially in this spot: LA is 22-7 after losing the 1st two games of a series. And they're overdue to get untracked considering that they're an astonishing 38-13 at Anaheim in this series. We'll look for Los Angeles to get the best of Jeff Niemann who has been solid in the rotation for TB, but he does have vulnerability during daytime action 5.18 ERA and he sports a bloated 5.51 ERA in 3 starts vs the Angels. The Rays are just 2-5 in game 3 of a series with Niemann. On the other hand, we'll look for Dan Haren to get his game back on track after getting lit up by Minnesota in his last start. Haren controls a 2.74 ERA in 7 starts vs TB. With a home umpire friendly crew, we'll look for the Angels to finally pull out a win in this series.

Posted : August 25, 2010 12:45 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

KELSO

25 Units Oakland A's -135

15 Units Tampa Bay Rays +105

10 Units Chicago Cubs -105

Posted : August 25, 2010 12:48 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

ATS LOCK CLUB

4 Units Atlanta Braves -125

4 Units Oakland A's -135

Posted : August 25, 2010 12:48 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

ASA

3* Tampa Bay Rays

Posted : August 25, 2010 1:10 pm
(@norsemann)
Estimable Member

DAVE COKIN

Solid Gold - Tampa Bay Rays

Chicago Cubs

Dave Cokin

SOLID GOLD
Matchup: Tampa Bay at L.A. Angels
Time: 3:35 PM EDT (Wed)
Listed pitchers must go: (R) NIEMANN, J vs. (R) HAREN, D

Play: Tampa Bay (ML +112)

All my baseball clients know that value is the biggest deal for me in terms of turning profits on a regular basis. This game is a perfect illustration of garnering that value and taking advantage. The Rays are the best road team in baseball this year. They're on a big time tear right now as they battle the Yankees for the top spot in the AL East and home field for the playoffs. The Angels are dead in the water and new acquisition Dan Haren is struggling badly. Sure, Jeff Niemann is just off the DL and could be on a shorter than usual leash here. But the time off was more precautionary than anything else and all indications are that Niemann is just fine. The bottom line is that the Rays should be the favorite here, but the number is flipped and Tampa Bay is the small dog. That's pure value, and I'm taking advantage by playing the Rays to make it three straight against the Halos.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matchup: Chi. Cubs at Washington
Time: 7:05 PM EDT (Wed)
Listed pitchers must go: (R) DEMPSTER, R vs. (R) MARQUIS, J

Play: Chi. Cubs (ML -102)

Spring training is the time of year when teams work on stretching out their pitchers and key stats such as BB/K ratio really don't mean anything. But when a pitcher is effectively going through spring training in mid-August, well, that's not a very good thing. That's the story right now for Nationals righty Jason Marquis, who missed most of the season with injury. He's really struggling as he stretches out. Marquis has had very shaky control and he simply isn't missing any bats while laboring through very uneven efforts. Even in his last start, where Marquis gave up just one run in five innings of work, he was unimpressive. 94 pitches, 4 BB and only one K indicate he was not sharp, but simply fortunate to be an escape artist. I expect the problems to continue here against the Cubs, who are 2-0 since Lou Piniella departed the dugout. Ryan Dempster is on the hill for the Cubs and he's been rock steady. Demspter is also a nifty 7-1 lifetime against the Nats. Good opportunity to cash in on the Cubs at a good price.

Posted : August 25, 2010 2:00 pm
(@norsemann)
Estimable Member

Bill Marzano

Matchup: Houston at Philadelphia
Time: 7:05 PM EDT (Wed)
Listed pitchers must go: (L) HAPP, JA vs. (R) HALLADAY, R

Play: Houston (+1.5 +140)

I really like the Houston Astros run line in this game vs the Philadelphia Phillies...I just have the feeling JA Happ is going to have a great start here and keep the Astros in this game if not winning outright...we all know how good Halladay has been and the Phil's have now dropped two straight games to Houston...tough game for both teams last night but right now the Stros are the team no one wants to play in the NL...I will gladly grab the Stros run line here

This is my final card for Wednesday the 25th...other notable games today, Chicago Cubs...Good Luck as always and Thanks for the Business! BILL MARZANO

Posted : August 25, 2010 2:04 pm
 ugk
(@ugk)
Estimable Member

ROCKETMAN

NFL 8.26.2010
4 UNIT St Louis Rams +7.5

blade you may want to put this in its proper place, but i decided to post so people could get a good line maybe.

Posted : August 25, 2010 2:32 pm
 ugk
(@ugk)
Estimable Member

MIKE NERI

1* Chicago White Sox -180

Posted : August 25, 2010 2:51 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

ROCKETMAN

NFL 8.26.2010
4 UNIT St Louis Rams +7.5

blade you may want to put this in its proper place, but i decided to post so people could get a good line maybe.

Thanks ugk I started a thread for tomorrow in the Football section.

Thanks for helping out everyone, been a busy beaver today. 😀

Posted : August 25, 2010 3:48 pm
Page 2 / 3
Share: