(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

STEPHEN NOVER
FOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVlCE PLAYS VlSlT THESPREAD.COM
Reds at Brewers
Pick: Over 9.5
This is a huge bargain to the over to get these two teams and this bad pitching matchup with a total less than double-digits.
Both bullpens have serious fatigue issues after last night's extra inning affair.
This is a hitter's park and we have two bad starting pitchers.
The Reds have already seen Braden Looper four times this season. He has a 5.40 ERA versus Cincinnati this year.
However, the Brewers should smack around Kip Wells. He has a 5.91 ERA and hasn't made a start in more than a month. He's only getting a start here because the Reds are desperate with Aaron Harang out for the season. Wellis is my lowest rated starting pitcher in the majors.

Posted : August 26, 2009 11:16 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Unlocked Sports

Detroit Tigers vs L.A. Angels
Pick: L.A. (5 units)

The Angels have now dropped 4 of their last 5 overall, including 2 in a row at home against the Tigers. They haven’t been swept at home all year and I can’t see this changing this afternoon against Detroit. The Tigers have only swept one series on the road this season and this was against Cleveland in early May. Joe Saunders (9-7, 5.33) is set to face Edwin Jackson (10-5, 2.86). Although Detroit has the better pitcher, there are several trends that favor the Angels. Detroit is 0-4 in Jackson’s last 4 road starts versus a team with a winning record. Angels are 6-0 in Saunders’ last 6 starts with 18 or more days of rest, 6-1 in Saunders’ last 7 following an outing of less than 4 innings in his last appearance and 8-2 in his last 10 home starts as a -110 to -150 favorite.

Lay 5 units on the Halos.

Cleveland Indians vs Kansas City Royals
Pick: Cleveland (3 units)

Posted : August 26, 2009 11:19 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Robert Ferringo

3.5-Unit Play. Take Florida (-1.5, -125) over N.Y. Mets
Note: Bump to a 5-UNIT PLAY. That's how it should have been posted and I don't change the picks, at all, in any way, after I post them. Sorry about that.
The Mets are done. Done, done, done. And the Marlins aren't going to take it easy on them. Josh Johnson has dominated the Mets in his career, going 6-0 with a 2.06 ERA. Mike Pelfrey? Not so much. He is 1-7 in his last eight starts against the Fish and he has gotten rocked on the road all season long. The Mets have Jeff Franceour hitting cleanup for them right now. What does that tell you? Even when the Mets had their loaded, healthy lineup they couldn't hit Josh Johnson. Now they are fielding a Triple-A team so I don't expect them to do anything at all. I see this game being about 10-1 for the Marlins and I don't think it will be close at all. We have a really, really tight ump on the hill tonight. I think that's going to make it harder on Pelfrey, who has some control problems, and that should ensure more runs out of the potent Marlins offense.

1-Unit Play. Take Atlanta (-1.5, -105) over San Diego
1-Unit Play. Take Chicago Cubs (-1.5, -110) over Washington

1-Unit Play. Take N.Y. Yankees (-1.5, +110) over Texas
1-Unit Play. Take Philadelphia (-1.5, +100) over Pittsburgh

1-Unit Play. Take L.A. Dodgers (-135) over Colorado
1-Unit Play. Take Milwaukee (-1.5, -110) over Cincinnati

1-Unit Play. Take Minnesota (-1.5, +130) over Baltimore

Today’s Totals
1-Unit Play. Take ‘Over’ 9.0 Tampa Bay at Toronto

1-Unit Play. Take ‘Over’ 8.5 Philadelphia at Pittsburgh
1-Unit Play. Take ‘Under’ 8.5 Oakland at Seattle

1-Unit Play. Take ‘Under’ 10.5 L.A. Dodgers at Colorado
0.5-Unit Play. Take ‘Over’ 10.0 Baltimore at Minnesota

0.5-Unit Play. Take ‘Over’ 9.0 Cleveland at Kansas City
0.5-Unit Play. Take ‘Under’ 10.0 Texas at N.Y. Yankees

Posted : August 26, 2009 11:28 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Doc’s Sports

3-Unit Play Take Tampa Bay Rays -125 over Toronto Blue Jays
The Rays have now won 8 of their last 10. They have scored 57 runs in those games. The Jays are 10-19 in their last 29. Scott Kazmir has won 4 of his last 5 starts. There are lots of reasons to continue to ride the Tampa train.

3-Unit Play Take Chicago White Sox +130 over Boston Red Sox
Tim Wakefield shows up tonight after spending six weeks on the DL. We don’t know what we will get, but I doubt we will get the same Wakefield who was on fire. Looks like a good spot for the White Sox to get some hits with runners in scoring position.

3-Unit Play Take Seattle Mariners -120 over Oakland A’s
The Mariners have won 11 of the last 14 meeting’s with the A’s, and attempt to sweep this series. Lefty Luke French is looking to build on a quality outing for Seattle. The last place A’s should offer little resistance.

Posted : August 26, 2009 11:36 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Tony Salinas

26* Twins (-165) over Orioles
24* Cardinals (-140) over Astros
Partly cloudy. Winds blowing out to center field at 5-10 m.p.h. Game-time temperature: Around 85.
25* Rockies (+130) over Dodgers
Partly cloudy with a 30-percent chance of rain. Winds blowing in from center field at 5-10 m.p.h. Game-time temperature: Around 70.

Posted : August 26, 2009 11:37 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Vegas Informer

2 Unit Play. Take LA Angels -120 over Detroit
The Detroit Tigers have an opportunity to sweep the Los Angeles Angels on the road for the first time in 16 years. Do I think this will happen? NO! The Angels need this home win because the Texas Rangers are creeping up the AL West standings.

3 Unit Play. Take Under 10 (-110) Baltimore at Minnesota
The last 5 meetings between these two teams 4 of them have gone “Under” the total. Baltimore is 1-4 O/U in their last 5 road games.

3 Unit Play. Take Seattle -110 over Oakland
Bring out the brooms in Seattle tonight as the Mariners should be able to sweep the A’s at home. Oakland is struggling to score runs in Seattle and if the Mariners get a good outing from Luke French we should see this sweep. Seattle is 8-1 against Oakland at home. Oakland is 2-5 in their last 7 meetings against a left-handed starter.

Posted : August 26, 2009 11:38 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Allen Eastman

4-Unit Play. Take St. Louis (-140) over Houston
The Cardinals are one of the hottest teams in baseball and I think that this line is an indicator. It's rare to see Roy Oswalt as this much of an underdog so there has to be a reason for it. He has lost four of five starts against the Cardinals overall and four straight starts in St. Louis. In fact, the Astros are just 3-13 as a road dog and they are just 1-8 in their last nine against the Cards. Better team wins again.

2-Unit Play. Take ‘Under’ 8.5 Philadelphia at Pittsburgh
Two aces for these two teams take the mound tonight. I don't like how the Phillies have looked at the plate over the last week. They are looking disinterested and they are playing down to the level of their competition. Paul Maholm has a 3.71 ERA in his career against his Keystone State rivals and I can see a solid outing from both he and Hamels.

1-Unit Play. Take Seattle (-120) over Oakland
Seattle has been dominating the A's and I expect that to continue. The Mariners are 11-3 in this series and they are 8-1 at home against the A's.

Posted : August 26, 2009 11:40 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

C-Stars Sports

1000 Units Minnesota over Baltimore

Posted : August 26, 2009 11:45 am
(@teasertue)
Eminent Member

Ben Burns | MLB Money Line Wed, 08/26/09 - 2:10 PM O}

triple-dime bet 968 KAN (-125) Bodog vs 967 CLE
Analysis: I'm playing on KANSAS CITY. While neither the Royals/Indians will be going to the playoffs, Cleveland entered this series as the hotter team. The Indians carried that momentum into the series, winning Monday's opener by a score of 10-6. However, behind a dominant performance from Zach Greinke, the Royals cooled them off yesterday. I feel that the Royals will have the edge on the mound again this afternoon and I look for them to now be the team which builds some positive momentum.

Naturally, Hochevar's numbers aren't as strong as Greinke's and he's admittedly had some real trouble on the road. However, he's quietly been quite respectable here at home. In fact, in 10 home starts, he's gone 4-2, averaging greater than six innings, recording a 4.09 ERA and 1.2 WHIP. While he didn't receive a decision, note that Hochevar is coming off a very solid outing. In that game, he limited the Twins to just five hits (0 walks!) and three runs through seven complete innings.

Unlike Hochevar, Huff got rocked in his last start. In that game, he allowed six hits and issued four walks (0 K's!) while giving up five runs and lasting just 3 1/3 innings. For the season, he's got an ugly 6.87 ERA and 1.709 WHIP on the road. Additionally, note tha?t Huff has a 7.24 ERA in eight daytime starts, averaging only five innings, with opposing hitters batting .335.

I expect Hochevar to build off his strong outing in his last start and for the Royals to build from yesterday's decisive victory. *Getaway Day GOM

Paid and confirmed.

Posted : August 26, 2009 12:48 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

LARRY NESS

Insider - Red Sox

20* Perfect Storm - SF Giants

Posted : August 26, 2009 1:10 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter