Mean Green Profit Machine
FOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVlCE PLAYS VlSlT THESPREAD.COM
Nationals

Posted : August 5, 2009 3:38 pm
(@biotrends)
Noble Member

Bob Valentino

30 DIME MLB WINNER

30 DIME -- TAMPA BAY RAYS with David Price (vs. Red Sox with Brad Penny)
List both Price and Penny when making your wager. If either pitcher does NOT start, this will be a "no play"

NOTE: As always, be sure to shop around and get the best of the number! Never lay more on a favorite than you have to or take back less than you can on an underdog!

Posted : August 5, 2009 3:39 pm
(@biotrends)
Noble Member

Trace Adams

1000* - NY Yankees w/Mitre over Rzepczynski, 500* - Tampa Bay w/Price over Penny Sergio Mitre has struggled in the Yankees rotation, and while I am not crazy about laying road wood with him on the hill, I think the Yankees proved last night by beating Roy Halladay that they can certainly beat Toronto rookie Marc Rzepczynski.New York has won 6 of the 8 season series meetings with Toronto, and they know Boston is battling Tampa Bay again tonight before the Sox come to the Bronx for a crucial 4 game set tomorrow.The Yanks MUST win this game even with Mitre's shortcomings as a starer, and Joe Girardi has already let his bullpen know to be ready early tonight.The Blue Jays have dropped 7 of their last 11, and while they may get a few runs off of Mitre, expect New York to get a few more over Rzepczynski.
1000♦ - NY Yankees w/Mitre over Rzepczynski
♦♦Note: Both listed pitchers must start, or no action on the play!♦♦

Tampa Bay Devil Rays has Boston's number, plain-and-simple!
Last night the Rays battled from 2-0 down to win a 4-2 extra-innings decision, as Tampa Bay is now 4-1 at home against Boston this season, and 12-2 at home during the regular season at home against the Beantowners since last year.All 4 of David Price's wins this season have come at home where he is 4-1 with an ERA of 2.67. Compare that to his road mark which stands at 0-3 with an over 8 ERA, and you can see "there is no place like home" for the southpaw.Brad Penny has been very inconsistent for Boston, and in 2 of his last 3 starts, he has allowed 13 runs in 10 innings for a pair of losses.Critical game once again for Tampa, as Boston in the next team in front of them in the standings, and with a 35-18 home mark, I will take my chances once again with the Rays to win out.
500♦ - Tampa Bay w/Price over Penny

♦♦Note: Both listed pitchers must start, or no action on the play!♦♦

Posted : August 5, 2009 3:44 pm
(@biotrends)
Noble Member

EDDIE ROMAN

$10,000 MLB Run Line Lock #3 in a Row
LA DODGERS -1.5 RUNS +155 W/ SCHMIDT
over MILWAUKEE W/ LOOPER

$5000 AL East Game of the Week
NEW YORK YANKEES -105 W/ MITRE
over TORONTO W/ RZEPCZYNSKI

Really like this Dodgers run line play tonight. I'l llay the run and a half gladly even though they were only -135 to begin with. To get this team, coming off a 17 run effort last night against a Milwaukee team that has been struggling lately at +155 just because we lay the run and a half is a score in my book.
Schmidt is under valued. This guy was one of the better pitchers in baseball before dealing with injuries that forced him to miss all of last season and half of this season however, he hasn't forgotten how to pitch and he is off a nice confidence building effort against Atlanta where he went 6 and allowed 1 hit and no earned runs. Milwaukee is batting just .213 in their last 10 games and has lost 10 of their last 16 games with 9 of those losses coming by at least 2 runs so I am confident Schmidt can give us a quality start here.
If we do indeed get that quality start from Schmidt, this game should be easy because I do feel the Dodgers will hit Looper. The last time they saw him they scored 5 earned runs in his 6 innings of work plus Looper has allowed 11 earned runs in his last 11 innings of work and those outings came against San Diego and Atlanta, two teams not known for hitting the ball.
The Dodgers have scored 31 runs in their last 3 games so they are in a groove when it comes to offense. They have been great at home all season long and Milwaukee hasn't played well on the road so look for an easy 4 to 6 run winner tonight by the Dodgers.

As for the Yankees, I know Mitre strikes fear in some of you because he hadn't pitched in a while and hasn't been overly good since coming back but here's the way I looked at this game. At this price, which is the Yankees -105 now, I'd rather be on the better team, New York, then be on the worse team. This isn't a bad pitching match-up for us as the Yankees hit left handed pitching very well and Rzepczynski isn't a stud. It could be a high scoring affair but in the end, we're on the team with the better lineup and the better bullpen. Mitre will do enough and the Yankees bats will do the rest. Secondary play on NY.

Posted : August 5, 2009 4:15 pm
(@biotrends)
Noble Member

DESTROY THE BOOK SPORTS

10*bos/tb over 9.5
10*texas-126
7*sea./kc under 9.5
7*philly-140
5*florida-114

Posted : August 5, 2009 4:17 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Mike Neri
Ariznona w/Davis +100
Risk 1 Unit to make 1 Unit
Chicago Cubs w/Harden -180
Risk 1 Unit to make .55 Units
LA Dodgers w/Schmidt -135
Risk 1 Unit to make .74 Units

Posted : August 5, 2009 4:20 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Dominic Fazzini

10 Dime -- Rangers (Padilla) over ATHLETICS (Reineke)

NOTE: List only Padilla as Texas' starting pitcher

Rangers starter Vicente Padilla (8-5, 4.66 ERA) is often plagued with inconsistency, but he has been on a roll lately.

The right-hander, who was put on waivers earlier in the season, is 7-3 with a 3.69 ERA over his last 12 starts, and has pitched at least six innings in 11 of his last 14 outings.

Padilla allowed three runs and six hits in six innings Friday against Seattle, and is 2-1 with a 4.26 ERA over his last three starts. He has been especially good on the road, going 4-1 with a 3.18 ERA in seven starts, including 3-0 with a 1.80 ERA in his last three outings away from Texas.

He is 5-2 in his career vs. the Athletics, and allowed three runs and eight hits in six innings against them in a 4-2 loss on April 30.

Dallas Braden was scheduled to start for Oakland, but he was scratched with an inflamed left ankle. He will be replaced by right-hander Chad Reineke (0-0, 0.00), who was recalled from Triple-A Sacramento.

Reineke, 27, went 2-1 with a 5.00 ERA in four games (three starts) for San Diego last season. He was 5-4 with a 4.37 ERA in 24 games (16 starts) for Sacramento this year.

Texas is 7-3 in Padilla's last 10 starts vs. Oakland, and 21-6 in Padilla's last 27 road starts. The Rangers were shut out by the A's on Tuesday, and have managed only two runs in the first two games of this series. I think that all changes today with the inexperienced Reineke on the mound for Oakland. Take the Rangers in this one.

Posted : August 5, 2009 4:27 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jake Timlin

400♦ Chicago Cubs (Harden) -1 ½ Runs over Cincinnati Red (Lehr)

Take the Cubs minus the Run Line as they sweep the Reds in a blowout.

Struggling big time don’t expect the Reds who have lost their last 8 games and 14 of their last 15 games to pull the upset tonight. Not when the Reds have now lost the last six series meetings and 8 of 11 meeting this year and now turn to Lehr who will be making his second start after earning the no decision in a 5-3 team loss to Colorado last week.

Now to keep the Reds down will be Harden who will counter going 2-0 with an ERA of 1.50 over his last four starts and 4-1 with a 2.19 ERA in 8 road games this season. Even better it’s Harden who is 4-0 with a 2.59 ERA in four career outings against Cincinnati, including 2-0 with a 2.25 ERA against the Reds this season.

Simple, given that the Reds are beyond bad right now I don’t see them snapping their losing streak tonight against a red hot pitcher in Harden.

All Chicago -1 ½ Runs!

Posted : August 5, 2009 4:31 pm
(@singledigits)
Eminent Member

WARNING*

Timlin's Fla pick is yesterday's game.

Posted : August 5, 2009 4:51 pm
Page 3 / 4
Share: