52 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Tony Weston

40 Dime Phillies (RL)

Phillies (Happ) 1 1/2 Runs Over Diamondbacks (Petit)
FOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVlCE PLAYS VlSlT THESPREAD.COM
PHILLIES (RL) - There is absolutely no denying how impressive the Philadelphia Phillies have been over the last month.

Including last night’s 4-3 win the Phillies have gone 19-3 their last 22 games overall and have now won each of their last 5 games on the road. In those five road games, Philadelphia has outscored its opponents by a total of 25-10.

Tonight, the Phillies will get over easily as the Run Line comes through once again for Philadelphia.

Taking the mound for Philly will be J.A. Happ, who has won 2 of his last 3 starts. In both of those wins the Phillies have outscored their opponents by a combined 10-2, winning on average, 5-1. Over his last 5 road starts, the Phillies have outscored their opponents, on average, 5.1-2.8.
Opposite Happ will be the Diamondbacks’ Yusmeiro Petit, who has been absolutely horrible for Arizona this year. In his nine starts this season the Diamondbacks have gone 1-8 and have been outscored by a total of 73-40 and have lost by an average score of 8.1-4.4.
Tonight, things won’t get any better as the Phillies Run Line the Diamondbacks.

Posted : July 29, 2009 9:02 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Craig Davis

40 Dime ---- GIANTS (With Cain) -1 1/2 RUN LINE over PIRATES (With Duke)
Sometimes you simple can't avoid the writing on the wall. Matt Cain is better than Zach Duke. San Francisco's bullpen is better than Pittsburgh. Without Adam LaRoche, Pittsburgh's offense is just one step above San Diego (a small step). San Francisco plays better defense and they're playing at home, coming in off a 3-2 win on Tuesday night.

Today's affair has all the makings of a San Francisco blowout. Everything, and I mean everything, points to the Giants, and that's the reason I'm stepping up my play today. I just love Matt Cain too much NOT to back him, especially when he's pitching at home during the day. Remember, this game is a 1:45 pm local start in San Francisco, and when Cain pitches during the daylight, he's nearly impossible to score on. Cain's numbers during the day are quite impressive in six starts... 4-1 record, 1.93 ERA, 1.00 WHIP and a .176 opponent's batting average against. These numbers sound eerily similar to what Cain did to the Pirates the last time he faced them in Pittsburgh (just 10 days ago).
Look, I understand Tim Lincecum is still considered the ace of this staff and the face of the franchise, but Matt Cain has been just as consistent and I'm not sure, if I had to pick between them to pitch for me for one game, who I'd pick. Cain has been "that good" this season and should have no problem shutting down a team that hits just .240 against right-handed pitchers and .239 on the road.
San Francisco, on the other hand, hits better in their own backyard (.278) than they do on the road and they would much rather face lefties than righties (.269 vs. .295). Guess what... they get their wish today as 9-game winner (and southpaw) Zach Duke takes the hill for the Pirates, ironically enough, against the same team and pitcher he faced just 10 days ago... Matt Cain and the SF Giants. Cain beat him in Pittsburgh (dominated him statistically) 4-3 and should have no problem doing it to him again this afternoon. Duke has lost four of his last five starts and hasn't allowed less than three earned runs in any of those games. This one might not be pretty, but it'll end in our favor as Cain will dominate the Pirates for at least seven innings and the Giants will roll the Pirates, 8-2.

Posted : July 29, 2009 9:03 am
(@biotrends)
Noble Member

Craig Trapp

This is a Guaranteed Pick on the Spread for the Full Game.

PHI -1.5 (-101): PHI is the hottest team in the NL and today they look to continue there hot streak verse a very bad ARI team. Pretty simple pick here with a very good lineup for PHI and a very young pithcer Happ on the mound. Happ had his firts loss of year and 1st time he did not have a quality start in the last 7 starts. On the road he is 4-0 on the year with a 1.57 ERA. On the other side Petite goes for ARI looking for his first win on year as he is currently 0-5 on the year. Even worse he is 0-4 at home with a ballooning 8.59 ERA. ARI has trouble scoring runs and HAPP will continue his dominance. On the other side ARI can't score runs for the life of them. EASY R/L WINNER! GOOD VALUE TOO! SCORE PHI 8 - ARI 1

Posted : July 29, 2009 9:11 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Kikí Sports

2* Tigers

Posted : July 29, 2009 9:16 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Lenny Del Genio
FOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVICE PLAYS VISIT THESPREAD.COM
Afternoon Underdog Shocker
FOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVICE PLAYS VISIT THESPREAD.COM
Seattle

Posted : July 29, 2009 9:27 am
(@biotrends)
Noble Member

RatedPicks

Kansas City Royals pts: -145 3 units
San Francisco Giants pts: -1.5 (+155) 3 units
San Francisco Giants pts: -155 5 units
Cincinnati Reds pts: -1.5 (+135) 3 units
Cincinnati Reds pts: -155 3 units
Cardinals over pts: 7.5 3 units

From Another Site
Where'd you get that July record?
I show him as 35-38 since the All Star break ( That is his Record )
and about nowhere near 83-65 before that.

This was Not I

Record from last night
Red Section
Top 4 Services Listed Here
http://www.thespread.com/forum/index.php?topic=64996.0

Posted : July 29, 2009 9:43 am
(@biotrends)
Noble Member

Jake Timlin

400♦ St. Louis Cardinals
List both Pineiro & Kershaw as starting pitchers or this play is void

Record ( $$$$$$$$$ )
Since All Stat Break
http://www.thespread.com/forum/index.php?topic=64996.0

Posted : July 29, 2009 10:23 am
(@biotrends)
Noble Member

Fantasy Sports Gametime

100* Play LA Angels (-165) over Cleveland (MLB TOP PLAY)
Los Angeles has won 14 of the last 17 games when their on base percentage is .360 or better over the last 15 games and they have also won 20 of the last 28 day games. John Lackey has won 13 of the last 16 games in the month of July and he has also won 4 of the last 5 day games. John Lackey has an ERA of 3.49 vs. Cleveland over his career and is 3-0 over the last 3 overall starts with an ERA of 1.52.

100* Play Florida (-140) over Atlanta (MLB TOP PLAY)
Florida has won 6 of the last 7 games and they have also won 26 of the last 41 games when the total posted is between 7 and 8.5 runs. Josh Johnson has won 15 of the last 17 games vs. division opponents and he has also won 12 of the last 16 games as a favorite of -110 or higher. Josh Johnson has won 8 of the last 10 home games and he is 9-2 in all starts this season with an ERA of 2.80.

50* Play Chicago Cubs (-170) over Houston (MLB BONUS PLAY)
Chicago has won 11 of the last 15 games and they have also won 16 of the last 22 games as a favorite of -150 or higher. Randy Wells has won 5 of the last 6 day games and he has an ERA of 0.00 vs. Houston over his career. Mike Hampton has lost 5 consecutive games as a road underdog of +150 to +200 and he is also 1-2 over the last 3 starts with an ERA of 7.79.

50* Play Philadelphia (-150) over Arizona (MLB BONUS PLAY)
Philadelphia has won 19 of the last 24 games when playing in the month of July and they have also won 13 of the last 17 games as a road favorite of -110 or higher. J.A. Happ has won 4 consecutive games as a favorite of -150 or higher and he is also 7-1 in all games this season with an ERA of 2.97. Arizona has lost 19 of the last 28 games vs. left-handed starting pitchers and Yusmeiro Petit is 0-4 at home this season with an ERA of 8.23.

WNBA BASKETBALL
50* Play Los Angeles (+3.5)
over Chicago (WNBA TOP PLAY)
Chicago has lost 12 of the last 15 games against the spread and they have also lost 6 consecutive games against the spread when playing five or less games in the last 14 days. Chicago has lost 10 consecutive games when playing on a Wednesday and they have also lost 5 of the last 6 games vs. Los Angeles.

Posted : July 29, 2009 10:42 am
(@biotrends)
Noble Member

Doc Sports

5 Unit Play. #956 Take New York Mets -140
3 Unit Play. #978 Take Under 8 ½ in Detroit @ Texas

Posted : July 29, 2009 10:47 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Power Play Wins

New York Mets -136

Posted : July 29, 2009 10:52 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Top Rank Sports
Florida -145 over Atlanta
Arizona +145 over Philadelphia
Cleveland / L.A. Angels OVER 9.5

Posted : July 29, 2009 11:12 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Indian Cowboy
4 Unit Play. Take Under 9.5 between the Philadelphia Phillies @ Arizona Diamondbacks
I think we've found a solid situation for the Under here.* J.A. Happ is a solid pitcher for the Phillies and he has produced some sound numbers for them as he is 7-1 with a 2.97era this year.* Heck, that's stellar. He comes off getting roughed up in his last start as he gave up 5 runs on 10 hits to the Cards in Philadelphia as the Phillies lost 1-8.* Obviously, he took the loss hard as prior to that loss he had pitched 6 straight quality starts.* Hence, he is clearly on the bounce-back this evening.* Tack that on with the fact Petit gave up 6 runs in less than 5 innings in his last effort, he too is on the bounce-back.* Petit realizes that he has to shape up and shape up quick as the Dbacks are going to start rummaging through their pitching core and likely will make several changes in the off-season. In short, if he doesn't get his act together now, they will start bringing up some talent from the minors.* I look for Happ to have a stellar game and I look for Petit to likely pitch 5 innings and give up 3 runs as this game likely ends around 5-3. The under is 5-0 in Happ's last five starts, the Under is 4-0 when Happ is a favorite and the Under is 6-1 when Petit starts as an Underdog of this margin

4 Unit Play.Take Under 145 between the LA Sparks @ Chicago Sky
I have been writing about the Sparks for some time and how they are showing improvement with the return of Candace Parker.* She comes off her first double-double performance of the year with 10 points and 12 boards, but she gives the Sparks a defensive intensity and presence which is the most important thing.* I expect her to do very well today once again but more importantly, I expect the Sparks to start to re-establish themselves on the defensive end.* This team had already been playing great defense prior to her joining the team and now her presence only aids that.* The Sparks are a more half-court and deliberate team than in the past.* I look for them to take control of this game, likely win this outright, but given that Chicago can struggle against defensive teams (i.e. against Indiana at home losing 54-83), I believe the Sky will be held in check today. This is the only wnba game on tap today and the public will likely continue to raise this total as they love to play overs more in general than unders.* So, if you can wait on this line, do so. The Under is 8-1 when the Sparks play the Eastern conference and the Under is 5-1 in the last 6 meetings between these two teams.

Posted : July 29, 2009 11:21 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Robert Ferringo
Philadelphia over Arizona
Florida over Atlanta
Toronto (-1.5) over Seattle
Boston (-1.5) over Oakland
San Francisco over Pittsburgh
N.Y. Mets over Colorado

L.A. Angels (-1.5) over Cleveland

Posted : July 29, 2009 11:23 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

TONY BRUNO WINS

20X CINN.

Posted : July 29, 2009 11:24 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Charlie

Pittsburgh @ San Francisco Under 7' & Cincinnati -150 ( 500* 2 team parlay).
Cards -115 (30*)
San Diego @ Cincinnati Under 8 (20*)
Atlanta +145 (20*)
Detroit -125 (10*)
Mets -150 (10*) free play

Posted : July 29, 2009 11:26 am
Page 1 / 4
Share: