Tony Salinas

24* Ny Mets (-140) over Rockies

26* Phillies (-160) over Diamondbacks

25* NY Yankees / Devilrays UNDER 8½ Runs

Posted : July 29, 2009 12:03 pm
(@biotrends)
Noble Member

Dominic Fazzini

10 Dime -- MARLINS (Johnson) -1 1/2 runs over Braves (Kawakami)

MARLINS
NOTE: List only Johnson as Florida's starting pitcher

Josh Johnson (9-2, 2.80 ERA) has established himself as one of the best right-handers in the National League.The Marlins are 16-4 in Johnson’s 20 starts, and he has allowed three earned runs or less in 17 consecutive outings. Johnson gave up three runs and five hits in seven innings Friday against the Dodgers.Braves rookie Kenshin Kawakami (5-7, 4.04) has been sharp lately, going 1-1 with a 2.04 ERA in his last three starts. In his last outing, the right-hander allowed one run and four hits in five innings Thursday against San Francisco.Kawakami, though, was rocked by the Marlins on April 16, giving up five runs (four earned) and five hits in six innings of a 6-2 loss.Johnson has been great at home, going 4-1 with a 1.98 ERA in 10 starts. Florida has won nine of his last 11 starts, including his last five at Land Shark Stadium.The Florida ace will be making his first start of the season against Atlanta after going 1-0 with a 2.40 ERA in two outings against them in 2008. The way Johnson has been going this year, I think the Marlins should cruise in this one.

Take Florida on the run line.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Since All Star Break
Number 1 Service
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Posted : July 29, 2009 12:08 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

JACK JONES

15* Texas Rangers +105

The Tigers have the pitcher with the better stuff on the mound tonight, but Rangers' starter, Scott Feldman, may be the best pitcher you've never heard of this season. Feldman is 9-3 in 17 starts for Texas with a 3.04 ERA and 1.07 WHIP. He's been dominating in his last 3 starts, earning a 2.18 ERA and 0.97 WHIP and going 2-1 over that stretch. The Rangers continue to be on of best home teams in the American League with a 34-19 record, while the Tigers have struggled at 21-31 on the road. Neither team is hitting especially well, but the Tigers have been the worse of the two lineups, averaging just 2.9 runs per game while batting .231 as a team over the last 7 games. I expect the Rangers complete a 3-game sweep of the Tigers Wednesday.

Posted : July 29, 2009 12:16 pm
(@biotrends)
Noble Member

Bob Valentino

25 DIME MLB Blowout of the Month,
25 DIME -- PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES with J.A. Happ on the run-line (-1 1/2 runs)
over ARIZONA DIAMOND BACKS with Yusmeiro Petit

Posted : July 29, 2009 12:19 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

BIG AL

MLB ROADKILLS 71% TY.

Chicago Cubs over the Houston Astros

MLB OVER/UNDER WINNER; 14-2 RUN!

Colorado Rockies / Mets Under

Posted : July 29, 2009 1:02 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Matt Fargo

8* MLB DAYTIME DELIGHT (RL) 60% YTD

8* Toronto Blue Jays -1.5

Posted : July 29, 2009 1:03 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Primetime Sports Advisors

San Francisco Giants -Cain -150
Risking 3.00 to win 2.00

Cleveland / L.A. Angels Under 9.5 -120
Comments: Risking 1.50 to win 1.25

Posted : July 29, 2009 1:04 pm
(@biotrends)
Noble Member

Stu Feiner

Stu's 1000 Dime Baseball
COLORADO ROCKIES @ NEW YORK METS 7:10 ET
METS ARE 10-7 THE LAST THREE YEARS AGAINST COLORADO. THEY ARE 7-1 AT HOME AGAINST COLORADO AND 2-0 THIS YEAR. SANTANA GETS THE START TONIGHT FOR NEW YORK AND WILL POST HIS 12TH WIN OF THE YEAR. HE IS 7-3 AT HOME WITH AN ERA 1.86. HAMMELS LAST 3 STARTS HAVE BEEN BELOW AVERAGE. HE IS 0-1 WITH AN ERA OF 5.52. THE METS ARE 27-20 AT HOME AND WILL WIN THIS ONE GOING AWAY.
METS -140 FOR A 1000 DIME SELECTION

COLORADO ROCKIES @ NEW YORK METS 7:10 ET
METS ARE 10-7 THE LAST THREE YEARS AGAINST COLORADO. THEY ARE 7-1 AT HOME AGAINST COLORADO AND 2-0 THIS YEAR. SANTANA GETS THE START TONIGHT FOR NEW YORK AND WILL POST HIS 12TH WIN OF THE YEAR. HE IS 7-3 AT HOME WITH AN ERA 1.86. HAMMELS LAST 3 STARTS HAVE BEEN BELOW AVERAGE. HE IS 0-1 WITH AN ERA OF 5.52. THE METS ARE 27-20 AT HOME AND WILL WIN THIS ONE GOING AWAY.
METS -140 FOR A 1000 DIME SELECTION

Posted : July 29, 2009 1:16 pm
(@biotrends)
Noble Member

Matt Rivers

150,000* UNDERDOG 3PACK

1. 50,000♦ A's
2. 50,000♦ Indians
3. 50,000♦ Braves

1. Just a few weeks back Brett Anderson hurled a gem, a complete game shutout to be exact, here at Fenway and to get a number like this today is fine with me. I'm not saying at all that the lefty will repeat that feat because the professional hitting Sox will make some adjustments but Brad Penny is far from being the Brad Penny from years ago and to get a confident Anderson today and this price back, even with the well inferior overall team in the A's, is still worth a go for sure.Anderson is a young kid that has really good stuff. It didn't show early on but over the last month the southpaw has been great. He was hit a little in that last start at Yankee Stadium but all in all this guy is really blossoming into a top flight hurler and a guy that is a must play when getting a chunk of change back.Obviously Boston wins this game more times than they don't as they are that much better than the now Matt Holliday-less Athletics but Oakland does have enough to plate some runs against a fairly now mediocre Penny and therefore Hairston, Cust, Cabrera and the visitors have my backing today.

2. John Lackey scares me as he is a bulldog who seems to have shaken off the rust after missing the first month on the DL. Early on the perennial All-Star struggled but the last three outings have been of the quality variety and now seems to be the Lackey of old.
But with the above said it's still a bit too steep of a price if you ask me as the Indians have finally started to play some decent baseball.I don't love Aaron Laffey but I also do not buy into this Angel offense without Vlad or Hunter. They have been great for sure winning a bunch of games without their guys but I still do not think this is a good offense, I just don't.Cleveland had been in a freefall mode but looked excellent in Safeco and came back nicely in that first game in the 9th against Fuentes. Are they for sure going to win this game as well? No of course not but at this price with a decent enough southpaw on the hill and talented hitters like Sizemore, Hafner, Choo and Martinez there is without a doubt a chance and at this price I'm all for it!

3. Nobody is a bigger Josh Johnson fan then I am because this kid is really really really good. he seems to hurl quality starts every time out and is clearly superior to Kenshin Kawakami. But I still believe that Bobby Cox' squad is superior to the Fish and to get such a handsome price back is a no-brainer.Nate McClouth has really added a nice dimension to the Bravos and Chipper Jones and Brian McCann are clearly upper eschelon players. Throw in a Yunel Escobar and a few others and you can see how the boys from Hotlanta are a better team than they showed for a lot of the first half.The Marlins bullpen is pretty poor unlike the Braves who have a guy in Soriano closing who has been great. Add in Mike Gonzalez, Peter Moylan and a few others and Atlanta's bullpen is not bad.All in all the Braves plus anything tonight, even against a half stud in Johnson, is a very solid value. And if you know me you know how I love teams coming off of bad losses and last night's walkoff loss was just that for the Braves.

Matt Rivers is in the
Frozen Solid Red Section

Posted : July 29, 2009 1:53 pm
(@biotrends)
Noble Member

Al DeMarco

5 Dime - New York Mets
Johan Santana was hit hard in his last start, allowing five runs and 12 hits in 6.2 innings in a loss at Houston. His last bad outing prior to that one occurred on June 30 when he was rocked for nine hits and six runs in six innings in a loss at Milwaukee. In between, he went 2-1 with a 0.86 ERA in three starts, scattering 13 hits over 21 innings.Tonight Santana looks to rebound against a Colorado club the Mets have owned in New York, where they've won 20 of the last 22 meetings, including five in a row. And Santana has pitched his best at Citi Field this season, going 7-2 with a 1.86 ERA in 10 starts compared to a 4-6 mark and 4.48 ERA in the same number of road outings.Colorado's Jason Hammel is the opposite of Santana; the righthander has performed much better on the road (4-2 with a 2.08 ERA) than at home (1-3 with a 7.23 ERA), but no matter the location he's struggled of late, going 0-2 with a 4.45 ERA in his last five starts. In four of those outings, the Rockies have provided him with two or fewer runs of support.The Mets enter having won four in a row. More importantly, their injury-wrecked offense has flourished during the stretch, putting 29 runs on the board.Colorado is 5-9 on the road this year versus lefthanders. Considering Santana's home domination, and my abundant bankroll, I'm in the position of paying the elevated price to back to Mets in this spot. Although the run line option is tempting, especially at huge plus money, considering New York's offensive woes all season, the wiser move - again considering my winning streak and bankroll - is laying the price with Santana on the moneyline.

Posted : July 29, 2009 1:58 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Scott Delaney

10-Dime Blue Jays -1' Runs (WITH Halladay over the M's)

5-Dime Pirates (WITH Duke and Cain)

Posted : July 29, 2009 2:07 pm
Page 2 / 4
Share: