Free Picks: Premium Service Plays for Wednesday, November 4,2009

33 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Brandon Lang

10 DIME - NY YANKEES -1 1/2 RUNS (RUN LINE PLAY) - Again this is a hedge play against my 20 dime series play on the Phillies. I am willing to roll the dice with a 10 dime run line play because in my gut if the Yankees win tonight it's not going to be a close game.

My feeling tonight is this game is a blowout one way or the other.

Either the Yankees are going to light up Pedro, or the Phillies are going to light up Pettitte. This isn't going to be a 1-run game either way. At least that is the way I see it.

I am willing to risk a 10 dime run line play on the Yankees against the 20 dime series play on the Phillies.

I am aware that if the Yankees win tonight by 1 run I lose both, but that is a risk based on the tone of the series I am willing to take.

Not one single game in this series has been decided by 1-run yet and I don't see tonight's game being the first one either.

Take the Yankees -1 1/2 Runs.

10 DIME - PHOENIX SUNS - If you can't go into Detroit and beat the Pistons with Prince and Hamilton out, you are not going to come back home and beat the undefeated Suns. Not the way Phoenix is playing right now.

The Magic are beaten up bad and battling the flu bug as well.

Dwight Howard's shoulder is killing him, Vince Carter's ankle is bothering him, this team is a mess.

Not so for the Suns. It is all systems go after the big win in Miami pushing their record to a perfect 4-0, and they catch this Magic team at just the right time.

I love what Phoenix showed me last night and now with Howard having to face Amare Stoudemire tonight, it is going to be another long night for Orlando.

Don't worry about whatever the number is tonight in Orlando, it's all Suns as they go to 5-0 tonight.

10 DIME - DENVER NUGGETS - I am going to start riding this team like there is no tomorrow.

They just flat out manhandled the Pacers last night, crushing them by double digits jumping on them right from the opening tip outscoring Indiana 30-13 and never looked back.

At 4-0 this is the best start in 24 years for Denver, and considering the mantra of this very close knit basketball team, they will not let up this year.

They are about getting better every night but more than that, if you watch this team play they are having fun. Trust me folks, that is a very lethal combination at the NBA level.

This quote from Chauncey Billups from last night says it all, "We have a real good aura, a real good feel about what we can be as a team this year."

I'm with you Chauncey, and having spent a little time around George Karl in the past when he was in Milwaukee, his message to the Nuggets tonight will be if we don't bring it again tonight then the effort last night will be wasted.

I will roll with this Nuggets team to hammer the winless Nets from the opening tip and run away in the 2nd half for another double digit road win.

All Nuggets tonight.

FREE SELECTION - PHILADELPHIA-NY YANKEES OVER

Posted : November 4, 2009 11:26 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Kyle Bales

25* Boston Celtics -10
10* Miami Heat +3
10* New York Knicks -4

Posted : November 4, 2009 1:48 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

DB Sports Consultants

4* Detroit +8.5 -110
4* Dallas ML +170
3* Boston -10.5 -110
2* New York / Indiana UNDER 224

Posted : November 4, 2009 1:53 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Tony Salinas

25* Phillies (+190) over NY Yankees

24* Phillies / NY Yankees OVER 9 Runs

Posted : November 4, 2009 1:53 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Doc's Sports

3 Units Pistons +8.5
4 Units Suns Over 219.5
3 Units Celtics Under 186

Posted : November 4, 2009 2:30 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Anthony Redd

5 Dime Toronto Raptors

Posted : November 4, 2009 2:30 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

igz1 sports

3* Memphis +6

Posted : November 4, 2009 2:31 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Executive

200 Phillies

Posted : November 4, 2009 2:38 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Chris Jordan

100♦ YANKEES RUN LINE (Pettitte over Martinez) - Going to have to side with the home team here, as the Yankees have always been destined to win this series, and since the All-Star Break it's been a clear-cut choice when pointing to the best team in baseball. As impressive as the three-game swing was to take command of this series, the one thing we've yet to see is an overall dominating performance from start to finish from the pinstripes, and that's what I am banking on tonight. I think from the first inning on, from batter 1 thru 9 and to the mound with Pettitte, this will be the best game we're going to see from the 2009 champs. Lay the run line as the Yanks win this one by a score similar to 7-2.

100♦ CELTICS - If you read my free pick analysis yesterday, you know I loved the Celtics in a rout of Philly. Tonight will be easier for the Celtics, who are 5-0 and came into this road trip after a three-game homestand in which they annihilated the Bobcats, Bulls and Hornets by an average of almost 25 points. And that, of course, came after the statement-making, season-opening thumping of the Cavaliers. I will continue to side with the healthy C's who boast the Big Three of Paul Pierce, Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett, not to mention the crafty Rajon Rondo. This team has looked good offensively, shooting 51.4 percent for the floor and averaging 101.4 points, while the defense is No. 1 in the league, limiting foes to just 79.8 points per game. All Celtics tonight as they continue this impressive start to the campaign.

100♦ RAPTORS - I know what you're thinking ... what?!?!?! A 1-2 Toronto team against a Detroit team that just beat Orlando?!!???!?! Yes, remember when Cleveland went into Toronto last week? The Raptors found a way to knock off the Cavaliers and now another Central Division team is in town. And since the Motown boys are dinged up pretty good, they cannot play Pistons basketball effectively without Richard Hamilton and Tayshaun Prince healthy. Detroit shot 37.5 percent - including 0 for 6 from 3-point range - last night and will struggle once again without a pair of key performers. And if even if they do end up in the game, having to travel won't be the best thing when you're nursing injuries. I think this is a big line, but the trap is in taking the underdog. Play Toronto.

Posted : November 4, 2009 2:39 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

NHL PRO PICKS

NY Islanders +170
Washington +115
Columbus +103

Posted : November 4, 2009 2:42 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Wunderdog

Detroit Pistons @ Toronto Raptors
Pick: 5 Units Detroit Pistons +9

Hard to understand this line, with or without Richard Hamilton and Tayshaun Prince for the Pistons. I think the oddsmakers have really padded this one beyond what is reasonable. The Pistons were able to knock down a powerful Orlando team without Hamilton and Prince because they have scorers, especially now that they have Gordon in the fold. There is also newly acquired Charlie Villanueva who scored 12 and had eight boards, so there is a lot of new pieces picking up the slack for the Pistons. Chris Bosh continues to get his points and boards as he went for 35/16 vs the Magic, but the result was a nine point loss. The Raptors don't defend and the Magic took advantage and connected on 17 from deep. The Pistons won all three last year, 14 of the last 17 from Toronto, and all they have to do here is stay within double-digits. I'm going with Detroit here.

Posted : November 4, 2009 2:47 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bill Marzano

Phillies at Yankees
Pick: Over 9

I really like the total in this game and I think it will go Over the 9 posted runs...I wouldn't be surprised to see the Yankees score this many runs themselves...I think they are going to rough up Pedro and get the pen early...I also wouldn't be surprised to see the Phils get 3-4 runs with Utley and Worth swinging the sticks, plus the addition of the DH...lets go Over the total here

Posted : November 4, 2009 3:05 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bob Balfe

Knicks -5.5 over Pacers

Phillies/Yankees Over 9.5
Martinez/Pettitte

Posted : November 4, 2009 3:49 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter