25 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Indian Cowboy

4 Unit Play. Take Under 8.5 Atlanta Braves @ Florida Marlins

If yesterday is any indication of today's game, this should be a competitively pitched series all the way through. The Marlins come off a loss yesterday and will look to keep chase with the Braves in the wild card race. In that same token, Vasquez looks to have a much better effort then when he last faced the Marlins and gave up 10 hits and five runs. In fact, it was a game the Braves were expected to win handily as Vasquez went into that game favored two to one. I expect him to have a much better effort against the Marlins today as I expect Vandenhurk to pitch well as he typically does against the Braves. Rick is 1-0 in his last two starts vs. the Braves and has given up just two earned runs in 11 innings against the Braves. I look for this game to likely go under the posted total as the Under is 5-1 for the Braves in their last six road games and the Under is 19-9-2 for the Marlins following a loss.

Posted : September 2, 2009 2:51 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

ALATEX

Superplay: LA Dodgers Under 8

Posted : September 2, 2009 3:05 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

The Duke's Sports

LA Angels (+118) 1.5 Units

Angels/Mariners 6:40: The Angels have been resilient over the course of the season;
they're 8-3 following their last 11 losses and 8-1 after scoring 2 or less. The Angels
pitching has started to blossom as their bats are colling down. LA should continue to
pitch well with newly acquired Scott Kasmir who is finding his rhythm of late. And he
sports a solid 3-1 mark with a 3.21 ERA vs Seattle. On the other hand, Felix Hernandez
is coming off a sluggish start and sports a shaky 3-5 mark with a 4.77 ERA in 14 starts
vs LA. The Angels play the dog and road roles well going 17-5 and 24-10, respectively.
Angels the call.

Posted : September 2, 2009 3:20 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Teddy Covers

Giants/Phillies Under

Posted : September 2, 2009 4:32 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

JACK JONES

15* Giants/Phillies UNDER 9

Jump on the under in the Angels/Mariners game on Tuesday night. Ervin Santana has been up and down this year for LA, but has four straight quality starts. The under has hit in eight of his 11 starts against the Mariners. Seattle has been a solid under team all year long and I think that this number is inflated due to the fact that the Angels have great offensive numbers this season. The fact is that they won't score as much in this pitcher-friendly park.

20* Best Bet Tampa Bay Rays -110

The Rays have owned the Red Sox in Tampa Bay this season, earning a 5-2 record in their 7 meetings in 2009. I like the Rays to take another game away from the Sox here with Matt Garza on the mound. Garza has pitched well at home, posting a 3.25 ERA and 1.81 WHIP in 14 home starts with the Rays winning 9 of those 14 games. He is also 7-1 in 12 career starts against Boston, including 2 wins against them in Tampa already this year. I'm also fading Josh Beckett in this situation as his struggles have been glaringly apparent over his last 3 starts. Over that stretch he is 0-1 with a 9.82 ERA and 1.58 WHIP. The Sox have pulled to 3.5 games ahead in the AL Wild Card standings, but they really need Beckett to get his act together if they want to hold that lead, not to mention to have success in the playoffs

Posted : September 2, 2009 4:32 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

MONEYLOCKOFTHEDAY

MLB UNDERDOG OF THE YEAR

Red Sox +115 (10 Units)

Posted : September 2, 2009 4:33 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Lenny Del Genio

TB Rays

Tony George

Red Sox

Ron Raymond

D'Backs/Dodgers Under

Nick Parsons

Red Sox/Rays Under

Bob Balfe

Blue Jays/Rangers Over

Mike Lineback

Phillies -210 - Cardinals -270 (PARLAY)

Posted : September 2, 2009 4:49 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I gotta head out at 6:00 est so if you guys see something please help out.

Posted : September 2, 2009 4:50 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

MTi

4* Angels

Trushel

20* Seattle Under

Billy Coleman

4* Phillies -1.5
3* Angels

Posted : September 2, 2009 4:55 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Dave Busk

2 Unit Pick Take over (9.5) Toronto at Texas

Texas swept the doubleheader yesterday with both games staying under after the teams combined for 28 runs in game one of the series on Monday. Both teams used a combined nine relievers on Tuesday after using eight on Monday. We get two tired bullpens with Toronto starter Scott Richmond on the hill after throwing a 111 pitches in his last outing against Texas starter Tommy Hunter who has been better on the road then at Home. It will be hot in Texas tonight at about 96 degrees and we have one of baseballs best over umpires in Jim Reynolds calling balls and strikes.

Posted : September 2, 2009 6:31 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share: