igz1 sports

3* Cincinnati -120

Posted : September 23, 2009 1:20 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Indian Cowboy

4 Unit Play. Take the Under 9 between the Detrioit Tigers @ Cleveland Indians

I actually think Cleveland has a solid chance of winning this game as the dog today. I've mentioned about the 70% and -130 or below line. Basically, when a team is favored by a small amount and the public is on that team to a tune of more than 2/3rds, the dog is expected to do well and consequently, the game goes under. Such is the case today as these two teams hook up today. Masterson is expected to have a quality start coming off one of his toughest outings of the year giving up five runs in in four innings. In fact, he has been solid at home giving up just 2 earned runs over his last 3 starts and 18 innings. His last four contests have consequently gone under as well. Porcello comes off a 0-3 loss to the Twins on the road and has done well against the Indians thus far. He has given up just 3 runs in 15 innings against the Tribe. Given that he comes off the loss to the rival Twins, I expect him to have a bounce-back start similar to Masterson and this game consequently to go under the posted total. The Under is 3-0-1 for the Tigers overall down this playoff stretch and the Under is 5-1 for Porcello's last 6 starts against the AL Central - while the Under is 8-2-2 in the Indians last 12 starts against the AL Central.

4 Unit Play. Take Over 176.5 between the Phoenix Mercury @ LA Sparks

Sometimes it is not a good idea for a team to defeat another team just prior to the playoffs. Such is the case as these two heavyweights meet each other in the final four of the wnba playoffs. With that in mind, I expect Phoenix to have some revenge today. Keep in mind that they also lost the first game of the series to San Antonio earlier in these playoffs so they will look to not start off in a big hole. The road team has won outright and covered the spread the last three times these two teams have hooked up and I believe that will likely be the case in the playoffs for covering the spread. But rather than go against the Sparks here, I like taking the over with Phoenix as the active dog. The Over is 16-5 for the Mercury the last 21 ballgames and the Over is 2-0 this year when Phoenix has played LA in Staples.

4 Unit Play. Take Under 146.5 between the Indiana Fever @ Detroit Shock

These two teams are defensive by nature. Notice the last game in Detroit between these two teams the game totaled at 133 - and that was with overtime. I don't believe that was a fluke by any nature. I sincerely believe that these two teams are defensive mind-framed squads. The Under is 4-1 in the last 5 meetings between these two teams. And, given that this is the stepping stone to the WNBA Championships, I like a defensive effort out of the game for both of these teams. I normally would have a much longer write-up, but indeed I believe the principle is that simple today. I expect a quality effort from both teams, the total is slowly starting to drop and I like this game to be a defensive contest similar to the last game these to two teams played in the Palace.

Posted : September 23, 2009 1:21 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Sean Murphy

7* STL/Houston Under 8.5

Posted : September 23, 2009 2:12 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Steam On-Line Guaranteed Selections

INSIDE STEAM BASEBALL PLAY OF THE MONTH

Cincinnati w/Bailey -120

Posted : September 23, 2009 2:13 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Rocco Vincintore Guaranteed Selections

PREFERRED PLAYERS CLUB SUPERPLAY TOTALS WINNER

Baltimore and Toronto OVER 9.5

Posted : September 23, 2009 2:13 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Doc’s Sports

4-Unit Play Take Detroit Tigers -125 over Cleveland Indians

Solid pitching has helped Detroit win two in a row just when they needed it most. Young Rick Porcello has fared well against the Indians, going 2-0 with a 1,80 ERA in three starts. We feel he will extend the Indians losing streak to 10 games tonight.

3-Unit Play Take UNDER 8½ White Sox / Minnesota Twins

With talented rookie Brian Duensing on the hill, the surging Twins look for a third straight victory over the Twins. Duensing (4-1, 3.22) looks to remain perfect since joining the rotation. He has a 1.50 ERA in two starts vs. these Sox. Chicago starter, Mark Buehrle stated after his most recent start, that he felt the best since tossing his perfect game. The battle of the left-handers looks like an UNDER from this view.

2-Unit Play Take Milwaukee Brewers -130 over Chicago Cubs

The Brewers have lost the first two games of this series to the Cubs in blow-out fashion. Both teams send out young hurlers today. If Milwaukee has any pride left at all, it should show here.

Posted : September 23, 2009 2:15 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Fantasy Sports Gametime

25* Play Philadelphia (-160) over Florida

Philadelphia has won 8 of the last 10 games and they have also won 7 of the last 8 games vs. Florida on the road. Cole Hamels has won 3 of the last 4 games in the month of September and he has an ERA of 2.61 over the last 3 starts.

25* Play Tampa Bay (-170) over Seattle

Tampa Bay has won 4 of the last 5 games and they have also won 73 of the last 91 games as a home favorite of -150 or higher. Wade Davis has an ERA of 1.29 in home games this season.

Posted : September 23, 2009 2:16 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Mike LinebackFOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVICE PLAYS VISIT THESPREAD.COM
FOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVICE PLAYS VISIT THESPREAD.COM
LA Angels

Posted : September 23, 2009 2:18 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Seabass

50* Cubs over
50* Fla
30* White Sox
30* Cinn
30* Detroit
30* Yanks Under

Posted : September 23, 2009 2:19 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

DESTROY THE BOOK SPORTS

10* Boston -190
10* Texas -122
7* Astros +114
7* Twins +114
5* LAA -127

Posted : September 23, 2009 2:23 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Charlie

Reds @ Pirates under 8' ,Braves @ Mets under 8' & Boston @ Kansas City under 8' (500*)
Angels -115 (30*)
Texas -130 (20*)
St. Louis -140 (20*)
Mets +135 (10*)

Posted : September 23, 2009 2:41 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Donnie Black

Mets Under 8.5

Posted : September 23, 2009 2:42 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Larry Ness

20* Perfect Storm

CWS

Posted : September 23, 2009 3:58 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

WUNDERDOG

Indiana at Detroit
5 units Detroit -130

This should be a great series with the winner advancing to the Finals. Indiana is the top seed, coming in at 24-12. They dispatched of Washington in two games, winning by nine and seven points. Detroit is just 20-16 on the season, but hold on a minute. This team started off 2-7. They have since gone 18-9 and they have won 11 of their last 13! Now I ask, which is the better team? The oddsmakers have made this one about even but they are off. It's not just the recent performance that favors Detroit. It's also the location. In the WNBA, homecourt advantage is big. Indiana, despite going 15-3 at home is just 9-9 on the road this year. Detroit is 12-6 at home. They've won seven straight at home and ten of their last twelve. Meanwhile, Indiana has gone 2-5 in their last seven road games. Detroit knows what it takes to win in the postseason, having won two of the last three championships. Detroit is hot right now having scored 94, 80, 94 and 94 in their last four games. This season the Shock are 12-5 after scoring 70+ in back-to-back games and 89-2 after reaching that figure in four straight games. They are also a near-perfect 8-1 after scoring 90 points in their prior game. I like the Shock to get it done here at home.

Phoenix at Los Angeles
4 units Phoenix +3

Do you remember that 1991 song by C&C Music Factory, "Things That Make You Go Hmmmm"? Well this game reminds me of that song. Phoenix won five more games than LA this season. Phoenix beat LA in three out of four regular season meetings. Yet, the Mercury are the underdog here. Hmmm. Phoenix is averaging 99 points in the playoffs after setting a WNBA record for points scored in the regular season (92.8 per game). Yet, they are the dog here. Hmmm. Well maybe Phoenix can't win on the road? Actually they are 11-7 away from home, not much worse than the Sparks' 12-6 home mark. Hmmm. Maybe the Mercury only beat up on lesser opponents, struggling to beat good teams. Actually, Phoenix is 12-5 ATS this season vs. winning teams including 7-0 in their last seven games. But Phoenix is coming off a poor defensive showing, allowing 92 points to San Antonio. That can't be good, right? As a matter of fact, Phoenix has done this 18 times this season and they are 14-4 ATS in games following a poor defensive effort. Finally, the Sparks are 0-8 ATS the past three seasons coming off a double-digit road win. I like Phoenix plus the points here.

Posted : September 23, 2009 4:00 pm
Page 2 / 3
Share: