2 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Drew Gordon
FOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVlCE PLAYS VlSlT THESPREAD.COM
Atlanta -125 at MILWAUKEE

Now on a 30-18 roll with the plays I'm giving away, including the Cardinals over the Nationals 4-1 Thursday! For today's complimentary play, we're looking at the Atlanta/Milwaukee match up.
True, Manny Parra has looked good since returning from the minors, allowing 1 run over his last 13 innings, but let's not get carried away! Not only is the Brew Crew struggling mightily (6-12 L18 games), but I'm not ready to declare Manny Parra the "next coming" just because he posted back-to-back quality starts, especially based on this match up.

You see, herein lies the problem, as Parra is being opposed by the Braves Javier Vazquez, who's been outstanding all season, but especially of late, going 3-1 with a lockdown 1.34 ERA in his last 5 starts! Moreover, he was excellent against the Brewers in his last start against them, back on June 6th, allowing 2 runs on 4 hits over 6 innings, striking out 7 without issuing a walk! And if you think pitching on the highway is a problem, Vazquez is 4-2 with a 2.91 ERA away this season, so think again!
While both offenses have been rock-solid, we give the nod to the Braves who've had no trouble hitting lefties this season, batting .270 against them, averaging 5.4 runs per game in that spot! Milwaukee meanwhile averages just 4.2 runs per game against righties at home, a stat which won't improve agianst the red-hot Vazquez tonight!

Bottom line, look for the Braves to bounce back after losing to the Giants 5-1 yesterday, as Vazquez delivers another stellar effort on the road tonight. I'll leave you with one final stat that I believe solidifies my argument against Parra and the Brewers: Did you know Milwaukee is 1-7 in Parra's last 8 home starts? Make it 1-8 after tonight, Braves roll!
Take Atlanta behind Vazquez over Milwaukee and Parra in this MLB match up.
3♦ ATLANTA

Posted : July 24, 2009 1:48 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Scott Delaney
Taking the Angels as my complimentary winner tonight, as the Halos continue to find ways to win, and most certainly exhausted the road-weary Twins with last night's extra innings contest. How the Twins expect to rebound for this one is beyond me, as they’re gearing up for their eight straight road game in as many days after spending time in Texas, Oakland and now Anaheim.

Along the way, the Twins have now lost four of five and head into the weekend, and the second of this four-game set, facing a streaking Angels team that has won six in a row and 10 of their last 11.
Still scrapping their way to wins, the Angels rallied from a 5-3 deficit in the bottom of the ninth inning, scoring twice to send the game into extra innings, and then nabbing the win in the bottom of the 10th, thanks to Mike Napoli’s two-out RBI single for the 6-5 victory. The Halos are on further hot streaks of 27-9 overall, 10-3 at home and 21-7 as a chalk, while they’re on a 21-8 spree the last 29 times they’ve hosted Minnesota.
Nothing major here, just a freebie, so list both pitchers and take the home team.
1♦ ANGELS

Posted : July 24, 2009 1:51 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Tony Weston
It takes a perfect game to keep us from nailing our fifth straight comp play winner. Oh well, that’ll happen.

That’s fine because we’re making it 5 of 6 tonight as we’re taking the Mariners at home against the visiting Indians.
Just last week these two hooked up in Cleveland with the Mariners taking 3 of 4, including the final three to close out the series. Going back to last season the Mariners have gone 6-1 against the Indians their last 7 meetings.

Coming into tonight Seattle has won 7 of its last 9 games and is 21-11 its last 32 games overall.
The Indians, on the other hand, have gone just 9-22 their last 31 games and have won just 5 of their last 15 games on the road.
Cleveland will continue its struggles as the Mariners keep up their winning ways. Take Seattle at home in this one tonight.
3♦ MARINERS

Posted : July 24, 2009 1:52 pm
Page 4 / 4
Share: