Oakland/Cleveland over 9 1/2

8)

Posted : July 4, 2009 9:30 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

The Sports Investing Professional
FOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVlCE PLAYS VlSlT THESPREAD.COM
We do have what I consider to be a very solid investment today and if it were not for the price this would probably be a 2 unit job. However, my philosiphy on that is why put too much at risk when we've had a solid and profitable coulple weeks it would be disappointing to work so hard and only be up a couple bucks. Today we look to the Colorado Rockies. Far and away the hottest team in MLB and they have their best starter going. Cook is one of the few pitchers who's learned how to pitch in coors and pitch effectively. On Arizona's side we have Y. Petit who has an 8 + ERA and that's not considering the type of damage that a warm coors night can provide to one's ERA. Top that off with the fact that his team is 0-5 in his starts....I like my chances with the Rockies -190
Pick - Colorado Rockies -190

Posted : July 4, 2009 9:31 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Alex Smart
Toronto Blue Jays -118
I am betting on Super star and the ace of the Jays rotation Doc Halladay (10-2, 2.56 ERA)to extend on a perfect 4-0 road record this season in 6 starts, that has seen him garner a very stingy 1.88 ERA. The hard throwing veteran righty owns a bankroll expanding 16-5 record along with an extremely stable 2.79 ERA in 33 career appearances vs the Yankees. It must be noted that the over rated Bronx Bombers, are just 9-22 L/31 vs. an AL starting pitcher with a WHIP of 1.100 or less. ...Play on the Toronto Blue Jays

Posted : July 4, 2009 9:32 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

GREG SHAKER
St. Louis Cardinals at Cincinnati Reds
Play: Over 9
Brad Thompson is a curious thrower in that he does not strikeout many people, he does not walk many people. He must have good control of the strikezone and when he does not have that, he can't do doodly squat. He has not been squating too well of late and because of that, his last 3 games have not been very good. In those contests, he has allowed 13 runs and 4 Dingers have gone over the boards. All 3 of these games went OVER the mark, despite the fact that in two of those games the Cardinals scored ZERO Runs. I don't exactly know what is going on with him but I do know he ain't getting things done. There is not much you can say about Micah Owings except to say that he is a different thrower everytime he steps onto the mound. This year has been an adventure for him and the one thing that I have noticed is that his K's are down from previous years. Ball movement has to be the reason and the lack of it means that hitters have enjoyed success with connecting on the long ball. His last 10 thrown has seen 8 of those large hits and facing the Cards today could mean more of that. I have to believe that one of these guys is not going to get the job done today in what is a hitter's friend park. That gives us a jumpstart on accomplishing our goal for this early afternoon contest. These teams have played OVER the last 9 of 12 they have played and that does include 5-0 OVER last 5 at this park. The Ump for today's matchup, Cedarstrom, is mostly considered neutral but his games have managed 10 runs this year. We have to keep in mind that this is a day game, and those games are higher scoring in every park due to the hitter's ability to see the ball better. We also have the added advantage of Owings bringing his bat to the plate. This line is dropping and for the life of me, I don't know why. It is available at some books at 9.5 and +105 but I like the 9 as it is a key number, so buy down if needed.

Posted : July 4, 2009 9:34 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

VEGAS EXPERTS
NY Mets at Philadelphia Phillies
Look for the joy of yesterday's win to be short-lived in the City of Brotherly Love where the Phillies are a money burning 13-18 as a favorite this season. Starter Jamie Moyer has not pitched well at home all season with a 7.15 ERA in seven starts. He'll be opposed by Fernando Nieve, who comes off his first bad outing of the year. His ERA in five starts is just 2.45 and his team has made money in the road underdog role with a 44-39 record.
Play on: NY Mets

Posted : July 4, 2009 9:42 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Scott Delaney

I am on a 26-15-1 run with complimentary releases after scoring with the Dodgers easily last night over San Diego.
Today play the Blue Jays in New York, as Roy Halladay continues his mastery of the Bombers and stifles them completely.
He was questionable in his first start back from his stint on the disabled list, but he should find his groove easily for the Yanks.
1♦ BLUE JAYS

Posted : July 4, 2009 9:47 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Wunderdog
Houston at San Francisco
Pick: UNDER 7
Tim Lincecum is rapidly positioning himself as one of the top starters in baseball. He is off an impressive 18-4 season and enters this one at 8-2. When you consider the fact that he has allowed just nine earned runs in his last eight starts, it becomes clear he has some extra special stuff. He has also allowed Houston just six total runs in his last four starts against them. Russ Ortiz has been no slouch either as he has allowed just 19 earned runs in his eight starts on the season and in no game has he allowed more than three. Houston has now played to a 17-5 mark to the under in their last 22 games posted as a dog. The Giants have under madness as well as they are now 25-11-3 to the under vs teams with a losing record. Runs certainly look to be hard to come by here and I'll back the UNDER in this one.

Posted : July 4, 2009 10:21 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Freddy Wills
Atlanta Braves vs. Washington Nationals
Play: Under 8.5
This line is crazy opening with -122 and before long I think the Nationals are going to be favorites here as they are now +102.. I'm not too concerned with who is favorites because I love the under in this situation especially when the line moves the other way it means to me they are expecting a quality start out of Lannan. Lannan should have a quality start he had 7 innings of shutout ball vs. the Braves at home already this year and in his last 5 starts he owns a 2.23ERA. He is on 5 days rest here at home where he has a 2.02ERA. The under 10-2 in Lannan's last 12 as a dog and 7-1 l8 overall. Atlanta without three key guys in the lineup here Kelly Johnson (6-15 vs. Lannan) McClouth, and now McCann getting the day off for rest. Braves won't throw just anyone up there Tommy Hanson has three straight starts with 0ER vs. solid teams in Boston, Yankees and the REds. He will face the 18th ranked offense on Independence day in what should be a very good pitcher's duel I think.
Take Braves Under 8.5 runs +100

Posted : July 4, 2009 10:22 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

INDIANCOWBOY
Let's take the Rangers at the dog price this afternoon over the Tampa Bay Rays
We get a quality team in the Rangers today as Holland comes off a non-quality start where he gave up 5 runs in just over 5 innings to the Padres. Holland needs a quality start as if the Rangers are to take a stranglehold on their division, they need productivity from his spot on the roster. He pitched brilliantly at San Fran but then had a let down against the Padres. I look for Holland to do well today in what is probably going to a be a high scoring ballgame and I suspect that Price will have a let down after his strong performance against the Marlins where he won 5-2. I look for the Rangers to likely win today at home as Holland looks to keep his spot in the starting rotation. The Rays are 1-6 in their last 7 ballgames as a road favorit and the Rangers are 7-3 as a home Underdog.

Posted : July 4, 2009 11:45 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

RJ Robbins
Arizona D-Backs vs. Colorado Rockies
Play: Colorado Rockies -1.5
We are taking the Rockies on the Run Line. Colorado is going for their 7th straight home win. Aaron Cook has pitched lights out in June going 5-1, with a 2.36 ERA. Arizona is just 2-8 their L10 games. COLORADO-1.5 RUNS

Posted : July 4, 2009 11:48 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Rob Homyak

5 Units on Florida Marlins
The Pirates snapped a two-game losing skid by defeating the Marlins 7-4 on Friday, as +150 underdogs. That game's nine runs made it OVER the posted over/under (8.5).

Ramon Vazquez belted a two-run homer for the Pirates. Charlie Morton tossed a one-hit shutout through six innings to earn the win.

John Baker homered and drove in the three runs for the Marlins, who were -170 favorites. Chris Volstad surrendered four runs off three hits in just three innings on the mound.
Pittsburgh has scored 1 run or less a major league-high 20 times and has managed just 5 total runs in Duke's six losses.

Duke has struggled against the Marlins going 0-2 with a 5.68 ERA in 4 starts.
FLORIDA is 19-10 (+10.4 Units) against the money line against left-handed starters this season.

FLORIDA is 121-112 (+21.1 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.

Pirates are 1-5 in Dukes last 6 starts as an underdog of +110 to +150.

Pirates are 3-19 in Dukes last 22 starts as a road underdog of +110 to +150.
Marlins are 7-0 in their last 7 games as a favorite of -110 to -150.

Marlins are 4-0 in Millers last 4 starts as a home favorite.

Marlins are 8-1 SU in its last 9 games at home

Head to Head
Pirates are 0-4 in Dukes last 4 starts vs. Marlins.

Umpire Trends - Tim Tschida

Marlins are 4-10 in their last 14 games with Tschida behind home plate.

Pirates are 3-10 in their last 13 games with Tschida behind home plate.
Pirates are 0-4 in their last 4 Saturday games with Tschida behind home plate.

Posted : July 4, 2009 11:52 am
Page 3 / 3
Share: