Free Picks: Service Plays for Sunday August 23,2009

33 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jake Timlin

While history tells us that runs are tough to come by in San Diego, I look for a high scoring game today as both teams take advantage of back pitching.
FOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVlCE PLAYS VlSlT THESPREAD.COM
Helping out will be the continued awful pitching of Smoltz who was cut loose from the Red Sox after posting a 8.33 ERA in eight starts.

Counting for the Padres will be Carrillo and his 11.88 ERA in two starts this season as both of his starts went high.
Now mix in that 7 of the last 9 series meeting going high, including last night’s affair I just don’t see either offense being shutdown today.

3♦ St. Louis & San Diego OVER the total

Posted : August 23, 2009 10:50 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Tony Weston

Bad call on the Bills yesterday as they can’t get it done in Green Bay.
I’m heading out to the diamond today as I’m taking the Minnesota Twins on the road at the Kansas City Royals.

The Twins come into today’s game having won 4 of their last 5 games overall and having taken the first two games in this series against the Royals.
Over their last 7 meetings, the Twins have gone 5-2 against Kansas City and are on a 4-game winning streak in K.C.

But losing at home is nothing new to the Royals, who have lost 14 of their last 17 games in front of the fans at Kauffman Stadium.

Things won’t get any easier as the Royals have to turn to Brian Bannister, who only has one win his last eight starts. Kansas City is 2-6 in that stretch and has lost each of his last three starts as Bannister has allowed 20 earned runs in 17 innings of work.
Go against Bannister and the Royals and take the Twins on the road in this one.

3♦ TWINS

Posted : August 23, 2009 10:52 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

O.C. Dooley
Minnesota Twins at Kansas City Royals
Pick: Royals -105
It has been more than ONE YEAR since Minnesota swept a series on the road against an American League opponent. Even though the Twins came up with victories in this series on Friday and Saturday, both games were extremely close decided by ONE run margins. My database research indicates that Minnesota long term is a very poor 10-20 when off consecutive slim ONE RUN triumphs. For this entire season to date Minnesota just happens to be a dismal 8-20 when off consecutive victories, so this is a spot they traditionally struggle with. Speaking of struggling Carl Pavano's career ERA against Kansas City is just above the EIGHT mark. Royals outfielder David DeJesus is batting a hefty .404 against Twins pitching this year and he is a career .333 hitter against Pavano. Despite his recent struggles, Kansas City's Brian Bannister has always been a "go with" in DAY games. In fact Bannister is a stirling 9-2 the past couple of years when pitching on a SUNDAY

Posted : August 23, 2009 11:27 am
Page 3 / 3
Share: