33 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

IndianCowboy

Take the LA Angels +127 over the NY Yankees

I understand that the Yankees are looking to avoid getting swept here in LA, but I like Lackey today at home. Plus, getting the Angels on a dog price, on a Sunday afternoon when the big boys come into town, is something it is tough to pass up. Bear in mind that Lackey comes off a non-quality start where he gave up six runs on 9 hits in less than 5 innings against the Rangers at home. Texas went on to win that game 9-5 in Anaheim. Lackey is one of the best bounce-backs in the league as prior to that he had given up just 2 runs in 15 innings. In fact, Lackey's earned runs of late go in this order from most recent: 6, 2, 0, 4, 3, 8, 2, 5, 3, and 4. You notice each time he gives up four or more runs, he comes back with a strong start. For example, after giving up 4 runs to Seattle on 5/18, he came back to give up 3 runs to the Dodgers on the road. After giving up 5 runs to Seattle on 5/29, he came back to give 2 runs to the Bluejays on the road. And, after giving up 8 runs to Tampa Bay on the road, he came back to win and give up 3 runs to the Giants on the road. After giving up 4 runs to the Dodgers on 6/21, he came back to give up 0 runs in 7 innings to the Diamondbacks on the road. Such is the case today as the Abilene, Texas native faces the Yankees today at home coming off a rough start against Texas. CC on the other hand comes off one of his best starts of the year giving up 1 run on just 3 hits in 7 innings against the Twins. I suspect he will be sound today but likely not as sharp as Lackey. The Yankees are 1-4 after CC comes off a quality start and the Angels 5-0 as an Underdog of +110 to +140.

Posted : July 12, 2009 11:15 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

GREG SHAKER
FOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVlCE PLAYS VlSlT THESPREAD.COM
Chicago White Sox at Minnesota Twins
Please pardon me with these quick thoughts but I am somewhat rushed for time today. Our thrower is in better form right now, he has been this year and our team is certainly in better form as well. Buehrle is 9-2 this year. He is 3-0 with a 2.25 ERA in his last four starts and is trying to reach 10 victories for the ninth straight season posted a 1.35 ERA in winning both of his starts versus the Twins. He has not issued a walk in 13 1/3 innings during those games. And he, and his team is a Dog Today? What Up With That? Baker has been iffy all year, he was very iffy his last time on the Hill, and his work verses these Sox has not been good at all over his career, nor this year. His ERA throwing at Chicago is almost 7.00 and he has seen 10 Dingers Sail Long and High over 44 innings against them. The Twins are hitting lefthanded pitching at .236 over their last 10 games as well. The WhiteSox have had the Twins number this year, winning last night and with the pitching matchup for this one, I do think they have a great chance to do get another one. They have been a great Dog Opp lately with 9 wins and 3 losses and I have been there for a lot of them. I will do it again.

Posted : July 12, 2009 11:17 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

John Ryan
Kansas City Royals vs. Boston Red Sox
Play: Kansas City Royals
Ai Simulator 3* graded play on Kansas City as they face Boston set to start at 1:35 EST. Yes, this may look like a reach with Chen having to face Beckett, but this one of the many ways the AiS produces favorable money making opportunities. Supporting this graded play is the fact that Boston is just 5-10 (-10.8 Units) against the money line versus AL teams scoring 4.2 or less runs/game on the season this season. Beckett is 10-14 (-14.9 Units) against the money line versus AL teams scoring 4.7 or less runs/game in the second half of the season since 1997. Boston is just 15-20 (-18.9 Units) against the money line in home games after a game with a combined score of 20 runs or more since 1997. Franconia is 41-36 (-18.5 Units) against the money line versus an AL team with an on base percentage .320 or worse in the second half of the season as the manager of Boston. In Baltimore, Beckett's 2nd to last start, he showed that when he gets behind in the count he is quite hittable. He throws FB 70% overall and 76% on the first pitch. His goal is simple and every opposition knows what that goal is. Get the first pitch strike and then mix in his incredible curve where batters are hitting just over 150. However, when he does not get that first pitch strike is far more predictable and can give up runs in bunches. This play too is analogous to playing BJ and getting paid $2.50 for every winning hand. The AiS shows a 47% probability that KC will win this game. So, if you play every play that grades in this category you will most certainly make a significant profit. Take KC.

Posted : July 12, 2009 11:18 am
Page 3 / 3
Share: